Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 01:55:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227824 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Still wishing/longing/praying/etc... for the Original GN'R band to get together.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Still wishing/longing/praying/etc... for the Original GN'R band to get together.  (Read 1646 times)
Carlos Gunner
Rocker

« on: December 12, 2022, 03:40:18 PM »

Hi everyone in this beautiful space!
I still do.
I mean, it seems almost impossible but at the same time, we suffered waiting for Slash to get back, and it happened.
I do not mean to disrespect the current lineup but there is something about the original GN'R Band that has not been able to be matched.
I know some people enjoy what the current lineup does, but you know, the original band has magic in it and matchless chemistry.
They can do it, it is not too late, and it will not be too late even if they hit 70 years, as long as they are alive, there is hope.
Cheers!

Pd. And original albums too!
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2022, 03:39:30 PM »

Literally impossible, what you are asking.

Let's face facts.  The move to exclude Izzy was all 3 guys signing off on that.  It wasn't 1 steamrolling the other 2.  They all share that same feeling that Izzy, brilliant songwriter that he may be, half asses it on stage.  They were saying that as far back as 30 years ago.

Steven?  Just too unreliable.  They granted him a few guest spots.  I felt it was a nice touch.

But that struck me more as the the guy from high school you run into at a bar.  You make plans to "catch up" one night, and you do it.  After that...yeah, you're good.  You are all caught up.  You don't necessarily hate the guy, but you've moved on.

"'Remember when' is the lowest form of conversation." - Tony Soprano

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Carlos Gunner
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2022, 01:47:04 PM »

Literally impossible, what you are asking.

Let's face facts.  The move to exclude Izzy was all 3 guys signing off on that.  It wasn't 1 steamrolling the other 2.  They all share that same feeling that Izzy, brilliant songwriter that he may be, half asses it on stage.  They were saying that as far back as 30 years ago.

Steven?  Just too unreliable.  They granted him a few guest spots.  I felt it was a nice touch.

But that struck me more as the the guy from high school you run into at a bar.  You make plans to "catch up" one night, and you do it.  After that...yeah, you're good.  You are all caught up.  You don't necessarily hate the guy, but you've moved on.

"'Remember when' is the lowest form of conversation." - Tony Soprano
Yet they are older now, and have not been able to overcome their compositions in the UYI and AFD era.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2022, 03:52:17 AM »

This is pretty common. Human nature to wish something that once was and you enjoyed, to return.

Even if it's not all realistic.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2022, 09:03:29 AM »

Hi everyone in this beautiful space!
I still do.
I mean, it seems almost impossible but at the same time, we suffered waiting for Slash to get back, and it happened.
I do not mean to disrespect the current lineup but there is something about the original GN'R Band that has not been able to be matched.
I know some people enjoy what the current lineup does, but you know, the original band has magic in it and matchless chemistry.
They can do it, it is not too late, and it will not be too late even if they hit 70 years, as long as they are alive, there is hope.
Cheers!

Pd. And original albums too!

That was just them being young... hihi

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2022, 09:58:55 AM »

Hypothetical question for those wishing for something else: Would you rather have what you wish for, even if it was for a very limited time (like if it just happened once, for example just one show) or what we have for a longer period of time?

Imagine in an alternative universe, the AFD line up reunited and played a show. Then decided they didn't wanna continue and went their separate ways, or some of them left and we got a different line up (like in 1990-1). Then what? Would you still keep wishing that it would happen again?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Oliver
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2022, 10:09:28 AM »

In an alternate universe, there's a version of GNR with 12 albums. hihi
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2022, 10:19:59 AM »

wishing for the past is dumb as fuck

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2022, 11:20:15 AM »

Hypothetical question for those wishing for something else: Would you rather have what you wish for, even if it was for a very limited time (like if it just happened once, for example just one show) or what we have for a longer period of time?

Imagine in an alternative universe, the AFD line up reunited and played a show. Then decided they didn't wanna continue and went their separate ways, or some of them left and we got a different line up (like in 1990-1). Then what? Would you still keep wishing that it would happen again?

/jarmo

While a one off show would be great my fear would be it would get the fair weather GNR fans wanting this version back full time and i think its unfair to the guys like Fortus, Ferrer, Melissa.  If the day comes where true NEW GNR material comes out i think those 3 i mentioned deserve to be on said album. I mean when i listen back to Chinese Democracy now i find more affection for it and think a majority of the album is incredible but a large portion of GNR fans will never give it its due because it wasn't the original line up. I don't know how many albums Axl has left in him with GNR but id like this iteration of the band to be its final one no more line up changes barring something unforeseen and let the guys like Fortus and Ferrer who have been in the band way longer then Izzy or Steven ever were get the there just desserts.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2022, 11:23:58 AM by GNR4LIFEJD » Logged
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2022, 01:48:09 PM »

they seriously should do that, a one-shot with the mythic AFD line up, without any publicity,
in a club, Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff & Steven. whatever GNR became after that, this line-up is
the one who has something special who made possible Appetite For Destruction.

I'm not really a passeist, but I'd love to see if the magic is still there, and I'm pretty sure it is.
change one guy, and it's not the same chemistry. same with any band, even when it's the bassist  hihi

that said, you probably don't need the AFD chemistry to do Chinese Democracy or the future LP
so a full reunion doesn't make much sense, except on the case they would like to go the
short-heavy-rock type of songs road one more time and they want to do full circle.

it would imply no tour due to Izzy's aversion for long things and Steven's inability to play in a big
professional scale (which I assume because I still don't know if it's true these days).

but I probably miss the point of the initial choice question here  hihi

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2022, 12:23:07 AM »

wishing for the past is dumb as fuck

Tell me about it.

Anyway, please give me another chance, Melissa...

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
Carlos Gunner
Rocker

« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2022, 08:46:54 AM »

they seriously should do that, a one-shot with the mythic AFD line up, without any publicity,
in a club, Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff & Steven. whatever GNR became after that, this line-up is
the one who has something special who made possible Appetite For Destruction.

I'm not really a passeist, but I'd love to see if the magic is still there, and I'm pretty sure it is.
change one guy, and it's not the same chemistry. same with any band, even when it's the bassist  hihi

that said, you probably don't need the AFD chemistry to do Chinese Democracy or the future LP
so a full reunion doesn't make much sense, except on the case they would like to go the
short-heavy-rock type of songs road one more time and they want to do full circle.

it would imply no tour due to Izzy's aversion for long things and Steven's inability to play in a big
professional scale (which I assume because I still don't know if it's true these days).

but I probably miss the point of the initial choice question here  hihi

Izzy loved touring does not have a problem with long tours, he was against Axl's primadonna attitude.
Carlos Gunner
Rocker

« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2022, 08:48:57 AM »

/jarmo

While a one off show would be great my fear would be it would get the fair weather GNR fans wanting this version back full time and i think its unfair to the guys like Fortus, Ferrer, Melissa.  If the day comes where true NEW GNR material comes out i think those 3 i mentioned deserve to be on said album. I mean when i listen back to Chinese Democracy now i find more affection for it and think a majority of the album is incredible but a large portion of GNR fans will never give it its due because it wasn't the original line up. I don't know how many albums Axl has left in him with GNR but id like this iteration of the band to be its final one no more line up changes barring something unforeseen and let the guys like Fortus and Ferrer who have been in the band way longer then Izzy or Steven ever were get the there just desserts.

Richard and Ferrer are longer in GNR than Izzy and Steven but the impact was made by Izzy and Steve and Matt Sorum.
Carlos Gunner
Rocker

« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2022, 05:43:41 PM »

This is pretty common. Human nature to wish something that once was and you enjoyed, to return.

Even if it's not all realistic.

/jarmo

It is possible as long as they are alive.
The main problem seems to be a feud between Axl and Izzy, you know this is true when Axl wishes Happy Birthday to many people, and yet he does not say it to Izzy.
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2022, 10:16:08 AM »

RNRHOF was a missed opportunity. They should do a a one off with the original AFD line up and then get Sorum for the remainder of the touring.  peace
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2022, 11:56:13 AM »

It is possible as long as they are alive.
The main problem seems to be a feud between Axl and Izzy, you know this is true when Axl wishes Happy Birthday to many people, and yet he does not say it to Izzy.

This is true. But many things are possible. Doesn't mean they're likely. But you never know what will happen in the future.

RNRHOF was a missed opportunity. They should do a a one off with the original AFD line up and then get Sorum for the remainder of the touring.  peace

Not really. They just weren't ready to do what they did in 2016.

If they had played together, it might have been three songs at that event and that's it.

/jarmo

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: