Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:40:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  General Babble
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: General Babble  (Read 12703 times)
cineater
Legend

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2023, 02:27:36 PM »

Didn't even make it a week and Lily puked on the carpet.   hihi  Guess I'll be cleaning carpets yet again next spring clean.  Of course it was mostly mud in the water when I cleaned them and that's on me.  Never remember to take off my boots before coming into the house.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
cineater
Legend

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2023, 08:02:25 PM »

NBC interrupted regular programing to show the Memphis video of the police beating.  No lead in, no advanced warning of you may find the content disturbing, boom it's in your face.  "We need dirty laundry."  They're hot for something to happen or rather make happen.  They should be held accountable for that.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2023, 01:49:16 PM »

Woke up late thinking it was Monday, jumped on the computer to check all the shit I had that was scheduled to show up and nothing there.  Calm down sister it's only Sunday.   hihi  Woke me up faster than a cup of coffee.  I kind of like these day when I have so much shit going on time just blurs into what I'm doing next.  Looking for places where I can squeeze in some more shit to get accomplished.  Run with it for a while.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2023, 07:40:51 PM »

They were talking about this home owners association requiring you to submit a sample of your dog's poop.  When the HOA found dog poop not picked up they would have it analyzed.  If it was your dog, you would get a violation consequence leading up to either get rid of your dog or sell and get out of our community.   Shocked  That's a little too Big Brother, imo.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2023, 04:08:34 PM »

Tried this honey garlic chicken recipe.  Easy and it turned out really good.  https://www.askchefdennis.com/honey-garlic-chicken/#recipe

cineater
Legend

« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2023, 12:31:35 AM »

Wow, one of those lost days.  I drew, listened to music, read for a while and even cooked a two course dinner.  Hardly anything in my in box and I didn't get a text until 7.  Nice to be home.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2023, 05:25:25 PM »

I was digging around in my treasure box the other day.  There's some good shit in there but mostly it's little junk I've picked up along the way.  My grandmother's opium pipe, a dead moth I thought was pretty, an Allman Brothers sticker.  Little stuff most people would have ignored or tossed along the way.  I think of them as gifts from the universe.  Placed at my fingertips at the time and made me smile.  Things of interest but no real value.  Kind of cool having a treasure box of things you've picked up over a life time.  Cheesy

cineater
Legend

« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2023, 06:16:44 PM »

I hope LA Search and Rescue is on their way to Turkey.  So sad.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2023, 11:14:06 PM »

SNL is going to portray Sarah Huckabee as a Stepford wife.  I don't think she blinked.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2023, 11:47:13 PM »

I didn't think I'd be one of those people that went around showing pictures of the grandbaby but damn.  He's just so cute!   Cheesy

cineater
Legend

« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2023, 09:39:11 PM »

Nail biter on this super bowl game.  I missed the half time show and the commercials.   hihi  I look up when they say touchdown.

Or when he makes a run all the way down to the 5 on a punt return!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2023, 09:40:49 PM by cineater » Logged

cineater
Legend

« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2023, 01:23:01 PM »

I have to redeem myself at pinball tonight.  I got my ass kicked so bad last week I got knocked down from group B to C and not even in a playoff spot.   hihi  This is what happens when I'm playing with a damn good looking man and don't have my mind on the game.  And I'm still not sorry.   Cool

cineater
Legend

« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2023, 11:34:40 PM »

My kid brother has been looking like life's burdens have been taking their toll.  Text him to see if he would go to the Dead concert with me.  Know he's going to say he has to work.  Yeah you've been carrying that load for too long.  Didn't give a chance to say no.  Text him it was too late, I got tickets, my treat.  Too much time has gone by without a Dead concert and connecting with my sibling.  The band members, us, any of us could be dead next year.  Call you ass in fucking sick and tired of always being the responsible one.  hihi

Too much going down today
just can't take it in
Too much running 'round today
can't tell you where I've been
« Last Edit: February 24, 2023, 11:44:34 PM by cineater » Logged

cineater
Legend

« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2023, 02:59:36 PM »

It's Girl Scout cookie time!  Got mine.  Cool

cineater
Legend

« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2023, 10:13:50 PM »

I'm finally letting go of my 35mm film camera equipment.  It's been sitting for a good 30 years.  Can't believe I still know how to work it.  It was a little more complicated back in the day.  Cherished stuff, something I use to do.  Something that would just hit the trash when I'm dead. 

I was going to say more about the good feeling I had at having found my stuff a home but as it is, part of the reason I quit taking pictures called at the moment I typed dead.  She has terminal cancer.  Yeah, I can't explain shit like that.

Anyway, the high school still teaches a film photography class and I'm giving the stuff to them.  It will get used.  And I'm back to taking pictures again since I retired.  Hell of a lot easier now and I don't really look at the details.  The story behind the pictures are happy ones.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2023, 12:39:41 AM »

Wow, that's still sinking in.  All those kids and I never lost one.  The little guy came close.  But I got all those kids in and out without anybody dying.  I wouldn't count her out just yet.  

It was just yesterday I was telling myself I was about to get activated.  And in denial because I don't do that any more and I'm not going back to it.  I can't explain that either and way past trying too.   hihi  It's kind of nice to know I can still do that.  I've been missing it but also holding it at bay.  It's one of those things you don't believe in but it happens enough you're like, really?

Anyway, I'll stand by her.  It will probably just be phone calls.  She's kept in touch all these years.  Calls when she needs support.  Like I said, I wouldn't counter her out.  She's a fighter.  It's what I like about her.

And sorry to type that out.  It's not something I can say out loud without choking and probably full blown tears.  The only time I ever choked was the phone call about the little guy.  Only once during that call because I went to controlled pissed real fast.  Yeah I was wrong, he didn't die but 6 weeks of me saying get him out of there, I was almost right.  40 years later and I'm still pissed.  Last time I saw him, I ran into him at an airport flying out to his adoptive family.  Chance meeting but it gave me a closure.  Can't explain how that happens either but it happen often enough.  Job well done.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2023, 01:03:56 AM by cineater » Logged

cineater
Legend

« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2023, 08:36:28 PM »

I think I changed more plant timers then actual clocks.  I like this change, it's lighter at the end of the day when I'm more likely to be up.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2023, 06:58:19 PM »

As far as I know fentanyl is not really prescribed to out patients like opioids were.  With so much out there, you have to wonder if it's not going out the front door.   I know they blame China but I'm not so sure there's some profit loss behind it.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2023, 09:25:06 AM »

I so got my ass kicked right out of the pinball playoffs.  I've been in drain down the middle or the sides mode.  Hate when that happens.  Walked up to Scooby-Doo, a game I've never played before, last night and couldn't lose the ball.  I mean I did lose the ball because the whole time I'm going wear did the ball go.  Lots of blind ball spots.  Anyway, if you aren't in playoffs you get free food, free drinks and open play while the rest of them play for places.  I'm good with that!  I have more trophies then one woman wants to find a place for and dust.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2023, 07:26:42 PM »

Today I completed 4 years of retirement.  Tomorrow I start the 5th.  The counting is kind of like being pregnant.  You have to go through the 9th month, not just get there.   hihi  That's a reality check that sucks.

My official retirement day is April 1st.  The joke's on some body but it wasn't me.  I call it drawing the permission to fuck off card.  I hear they still haven't been able to get a worker to stay around long enough to fill my desk.  It's been vacant most of the time.  I got out of there at age 60.  Left a lot of money on the table.  But I've had 4 full years of doing what I want and you can't put a price on that.  I still work but it's all volunteer time.  Busy people are always busy and I'm a busy person.

I didn't plan on it but I've been reinventing myself.  I would say my profession is now gardening.  I've got a couple of new skills, still in development, pinball and doodling.  I no longer cringe when the phone rings.  I actually got a cell phone.  I take pictures and I spend money on shit like going out to eat and buying myself stuff.  I'm always happy.  Cheesy  There's no down side to retired.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: