Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:08:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  State of the GNR vault
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: State of the GNR vault  (Read 1341 times)
cineater
Legend

« on: January 05, 2023, 05:40:20 PM »

I know the Grateful Dead turned their vault into an on going money maker but first they had to create a vault.  They had that shit every where, people's house, barns, all over the place.  It's still coming in.

What condition do you think GNR have all that stuff?  Well documented, cataloged, stored properly for preservation with security, lay your finger tips on whatever you need?  (Somebody in camp would probably either laugh or cry at that question.  hihi)  Or are we talking Axl's garage the last time we saw it or Zutaut's storage locker?  Mountains of shit in boxes, who knows what's in those piles or their condition.  Key pieces missing that nobody knows where they are.

I think the evidence lies in what we think we know they have like miles of footage, soundboard recording, etc.  Gilby said he went through a bunch of tape when he put together the live CD.  And what they put out, or rather lack of, and when.  Maybe all those anniversary sets put out were late for the reason they had to find all that stuff.  Maybe we didn't get what fans think would be a better release because they can't find it, didn't know they had it or it's damaged.  Or they didn't think to keep  it.  They did borrow from a fan's collection.

I'm thinking it's not all that great.  I'm thinking they had nobody on archiving for a very long time.  It might have gotten better since they have been in that mystical vault in the last couple years.  But I'm thinking anybody who goes into the vault is looking at a nightmare.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2023, 06:40:51 PM »

The Used To Love Her clip from Werchter 1993 that was put up when Lori died is a good sign that they have alot of stuff in good order and decent quality.
For example that video is not dvd/bluray level but audio is very good. I could see them release more stuff at some point.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
cineater
Legend

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2023, 12:46:23 AM »

The Used To Love Her clip from Werchter 1993 that was put up when Lori died is a good sign that they have alot of stuff in good order and decent quality.
For example that video is not dvd/bluray level but audio is very good. I could see them release more stuff at some point.

Let me tell you the Dead are making bucks on that stuff.  They release it all the time.  It's a side business from the band performances.

They call it the vault but I'm thinking it's more like the home of a hoarder.   hihi

Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2023, 12:59:30 AM »

Slash mentioned in his book that they filmed tons of backstage footage et al during the Use Your Illusion tour.  I'd LOVE to see all of that released,
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2023, 08:34:52 AM »

Let me tell you the Dead are making bucks on that stuff.  They release it all the time.  It's a side business from the band performances.

They call it the vault but I'm thinking it's more like the home of a hoarder.   hihi
The Stones are doing a great job with those also. Ive bought all of them so there you go.
Theres been a couple in Werchter 93 quality to be fair.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
GNRVahland
Rocker

All Quiet on the Western Front

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2023, 09:02:29 AM »

State of....GRACE ....yes, finally....

Oh my....OK...my bad... "State of the vault" it says.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2023, 11:15:43 AM »

Let me tell you the Dead are making bucks on that stuff.  They release it all the time.  It's a side business from the band performances.

They call it the vault but I'm thinking it's more like the home of a hoarder.   hihi
The Stones are doing a great job with those also. Ive bought all of them so there you go.
Theres been a couple in Werchter 93 quality to be fair.

Those are not my thing and I haven't bought any of them but they do sell.  What a massive undertaking that must be to put those together. 

The guy who died in the Grateful Dead had wanted to stop touring but felt he had to keep everybody employed.  After he died this is what they did and hey they had jobs.  Got more jobs with their Sirius radio station.  Lesson there, people will carry on without you, you are not the center of the universe.  hihi  Okay, yeah, I'm still pissed he didn't take better care of himself.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: