Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:38:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Is money the main reason why original GNR lineup is not coming together?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is money the main reason why original GNR lineup is not coming together?  (Read 5306 times)
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2023, 08:55:36 PM »

Not exactly....

“There’s zero possibility of me having anything to do with Slash other than by ambush, and that wouldn’t be pretty.  Slash either should not have been in Guns to begin with, or should have left after GNR Lies. In a nutshell, personally I consider him a cancer -- better removed, avoided, and the less anyone heard of him or his supporters, the better.”

-- Axl Rose, 2009

Not to mention Axl's more infamous quote:

"NOT IN THIS LIFETIME!"

Shocked

Also, in the 2016 interview I posted previously, Axl even mentions that Fernando thought it was a joke when Axl asked for Slash's phone number.

I think all of that was a mix of saying things you don't mean out of anger and hurt, as well as deliberately stirring the pot to make the reunion all the more shocking and spectacular when it does happen.

To turn it around; How can you square those statements with the reunion if they were 100% genuine?

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2023, 10:20:55 PM »

I think all of that was a mix of saying things you don't mean out of anger and hurt, as well as deliberately stirring the pot to make the reunion all the more shocking and spectacular when it does happen.

To turn it around; How can you square those statements with the reunion if they were 100% genuine?

Oh, I totally agree that Axl was angry and hurt, but given the way Axl worded that, it's hard to imagine that he didn't mean it, at least at the time he said it.

Saying there is "zero possibility" that he'll ever have anything to do with Slash... . calling Slash a "cancer" and saying people should avoid him....  saying Slash "shouldn't have been in GNR" in the first place....  I mean, all of that is pretty strong and definitive and pretty much nailed the coffin shut as tightly as it could've been.  That's just some shit that you just don't say if you actually have intentions of reuniting with them down the road.

I highly doubt Axl was deliberately stirring the pot way back in 2008 to tease a reunion (more than 7 years before it happened), especially since he repeatedly shot down reunion rumors for YEARS, and was obviously agitated whenever people asked him about the issue.

I would chalk the 2016 reunion up to the simple philosophy that things change.  Obviously, Axl and Slash both had a lot to forgive in order for it to happen, but they did it, and quite miraculously so.  I certainly never in a million years thought it would happen!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2023, 10:26:26 PM by Bridge » Logged
AXLRIVERS
Headliner

« Reply #62 on: January 26, 2023, 01:36:32 AM »

I don't think it's all money. But may have helped. I remember watching Guns live in various times and forms from 2005 when there looked to be a hunger again, passion and excitement. From Axl and the band. Fast forward to 2012-2014 I felt he and possibly the band didn't want to be there doing the shows from his body language (personally).  Something wasn't right anymore and it showed in performances and it felt like it was going through the motions and I think he felt something HAD to change.
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #63 on: January 26, 2023, 02:29:06 AM »

Oh, I totally agree that Axl was angry and hurt, but given the way Axl worded that, it's hard to imagine that he didn't mean it, at least at the time he said it.

Of course he really meant it but u know, as i said before, when u are the kind of guy who never say anything till your anger explodes, you spit out even the things u maybe have thougt about for 1 second only. They are true, but true for that 1 second only Wink. We always think about the worst things about anybody, but them are something that belong only to our thinkin' process. At the end of the day love belongs to hate and viceversa, in order to deny a big love u have to spread out even a bigger hate, so everything is needed  hihi.
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #64 on: January 26, 2023, 02:52:38 AM »

Of course he really meant it when u are the kind of guy who never say anything till your anger explodes, you spit out even the things u maybe have thougt about for 1 second only. They are true, but true for that 1 second

I completely disagree with that. As I pointed out before, Axl mentioned in 2008 that he was not able to publicly voice his opinions because of all the legal nonsense going on. He’d been dealing with lawsuits from Slash and Duff for years, as well as the well publicized allegation that he had held up the fans in order to get Slash and Duff to sign the Guns N’ Roses name over. This was undoubtedly something that pissed Axl off for years, and he was finally able to vent all of it, and did so in multiple interviews.

So I’m definitely not going to believe that Axl just said all of that on a whim without any forethought whatsoever. Just the opposite — it was obvious that it had been festering inside him for years.
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #65 on: January 26, 2023, 03:56:04 AM »

Of course he really meant it when u are the kind of guy who never say anything till your anger explodes, you spit out even the things u maybe have thougt about for 1 second only. They are true, but true for that 1 second

I completely disagree with that. As I pointed out before, Axl mentioned in 2008 that he was not able to publicly voice his opinions because of all the legal nonsense going on. He’d been dealing with lawsuits from Slash and Duff for years, as well as the well publicized allegation that he had held up the fans in order to get Slash and Duff to sign the Guns N’ Roses name over. This was undoubtedly something that pissed Axl off for years, and he was finally able to vent all of it, and did so in multiple interviews.

So I’m definitely not going to believe that Axl just said all of that on a whim without any forethought whatsoever. Just the opposite — it was obvious that it had been festering inside him for years.

It can be, but what i wanted to say is that when u stay in silence for years (forced or not) when u finally speak out you do it with the meanest words. It's like you don't have any inhibitions and all the things you have thought trough the years come out in the worst way possible cause they became a kind of mantra cause you can't speak them out at the moment (or decide not to speak them out). That's why i was talking about the 1 second thing, it's not that he thought about that for 1 second only, obviously, it was more like it was the less important thought but at same time the meanest thought he could bring up, i mean the "cancer" thing. Its' all a matter of non talking and stubbornes more than anything else, things just get bigger and bigger senslessy trough the years. If not, how they could make amends in a couple of months? So they don't really hated each others to the point of calling the other "cancer".
« Last Edit: January 26, 2023, 03:59:54 AM by ITARocker » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: