Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:09:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  The Metal Circus interview to Steven Adler
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Metal Circus interview to Steven Adler  (Read 3397 times)
Carlos Gunner
Rocker

« on: February 03, 2023, 08:54:28 PM »

Hi!
There is an alleged interview going around in Facebook, from TMC The Metal Circus to Steven Adler, where Steven says that everybody agrees on a Guns N' Roses reunion, that everybody is up to it, except for Axl, who is against the idea.

Is this interview real?

Have you read it?

I got very excidted to read parts of it.

I love original GNR, the fact they are alive and separated is not right to me.
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2023, 03:49:15 AM »

I searched and found NOTHING.

It's either very old, or very phony.
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2023, 09:00:14 AM »

Hi!
There is an alleged interview going around in Facebook, from TMC The Metal Circus to Steven Adler, where Steven says that everybody agrees on a Guns N' Roses reunion, that everybody is up to it, except for Axl, who is against the idea.

Is this interview real?

Have you read it?

copy/paste here

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Carlos Gunner
Rocker

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2023, 06:29:11 PM »

I searched and found NOTHING.

It's either very old, or very phony.

I found it, it is from 2004 apparently.
Carlos Gunner
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2023, 06:29:49 PM »

Hi!

Is this interview real?

Have you read it?

copy/paste here

i found the interview apparently it is real from 2004.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2023, 06:37:06 AM »

Axl didn't wanna reunite in 2012 either, so seems unlikely that he was for it in 2004.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Carlos Gunner
Rocker

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2023, 09:39:24 AM »

Axl didn't wanna reunite in 2012 either, so seems unlikely that he was for it in 2004.

/jarmo

That sorta confirms all original members are up for a reunion except for Axl.

And it makes sense, If Axl wanted to, there had been a reunion long time ago.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2023, 10:07:48 AM »

You keep repeating this. He was against Duff and Slash coming back too. And they did come back.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2023, 02:24:22 AM »

Not really.

Izzy apparently had the opportunity to contribute in some capacity in 2016, and he said no -- even with Slash, Duff, and occasionally Steven back in the fold.

We all know Axl warmed very slowly to the notion of a reunion, but he wasn't the only one who was reluctant.
Carlos Gunner
Rocker

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2023, 05:22:35 PM »

Not really.

Izzy apparently had the opportunity to contribute in some capacity in 2016, and he said no -- even with Slash, Duff, and occasionally Steven back in the fold.

We all know Axl warmed very slowly to the notion of a reunion, but he wasn't the only one who was reluctant.

Izzy and Axl or the GNR management could not reach an agreement particularly about money, and that is the reason Izzy is not part of the 2016 reunion.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2023, 04:51:17 PM »

Izzy and Axl or the GNR management could not reach an agreement particularly about money, and that is the reason Izzy is not part of the 2016 reunion.

Multiple questions for you.

1. Is it fair for someone who has not been in the band since 1991, or part of the business partnership, to get equal pay?
2. If he had joined the band, do you think he would still be there today touring? He hasn't really toured in over twenty years.

/jarmo

Carlos Gunner
Rocker

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2023, 05:03:27 PM »

1. Is it fair for someone who has not been in the band since 1991, or part of the business partnership, to get equal pay?
2. If he had joined the band, do you think he would still be there today touring? He hasn't really toured in over twenty years.

/jarmo

I guess Izzy saw things the same way I did, that the original Gunners, the original lineup, were responsible for the success of GNR and deserved to be treated equally. Slash had n ot been in the band for a long period of time too, but his commercial value is high, very high, compared to Izzy, Slash can demmand as much money as he wants because of that, he helps fill up stadiums, unlike Izzy, most people have clearly forgotten who he is.

I do not know what is Izzy s current health situation, even mental state, but sometimes I guess he could have fallen in drug addiction. But to be honest it is a mystery no one knows what he does.

I think you admire the band, and have always supported Axl, with or without Slash  you are Axl s fan, I am Izzy s fan. xD

Take care Jarmo
Carlos Gunner
Rocker

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2023, 05:06:00 PM »

/jarmo

I was hoping for a original GNR reunion, original lineup, but at this point I just wish for a reunion concert.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2023, 05:08:53 PM by Carlos Gunner » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2023, 06:03:48 AM »

I guess Izzy saw things the same way I did, that the original Gunners, the original lineup, were responsible for the success of GNR and deserved to be treated equally. Slash had n ot been in the band for a long period of time too, but his commercial value is high, very high, compared to Izzy, Slash can demmand as much money as he wants because of that, he helps fill up stadiums, unlike Izzy, most people have clearly forgotten who he is.

Yes, there was a group of people who created those first albums, and a different group who created the UYI albums, another group who toured and created the video for that album and so on. They all played a part in the success of the band.

So in your opinion, since you're a fan of one of those people, it's 100% fair that they would all have equal shares in everything even though some of them left or were fired decades ago while others possibly had a bigger part in keeping the name out there.

I do not know what is Izzy s current health situation, even mental state, but sometimes I guess he could have fallen in drug addiction. But to be honest it is a mystery no one knows what he does.

I don't know either. All I know is the history we have.

Which is why I asked for your opinion.

I think you admire the band, and have always supported Axl, with or without Slash  you are Axl s fan, I am Izzy s fan. xD

I'm a GN'R fan.

I was hoping for a original GNR reunion, original lineup, but at this point I just wish for a reunion concert.

Are you sure?

Let's imagine something. Imagine the AFD line up announced they will play one show together and play the songs from AFD and Lies. One show.

And for some reason, you can't attend. You can't go because it's far away and/or tickets are expensive and sell out really fast.

Then they announced a tour with the current line up and they come to your city. Would you honestly not be upset that the AFD line up didn't come play in your city? Would you be happy that you only saw clips on Youtube from that special reunion show?

/jarmo

Carlos Gunner
Rocker

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2023, 08:52:35 AM »

Are you sure?

Let's imagine something. Imagine the AFD line up announced they will play one show together and play the songs from AFD and Lies. One show.

And for some reason, you can't attend. You can't go because it's far away and/or tickets are expensive and sell out really fast.

Then they announced a tour with the current line up and they come to your city. Would you honestly not be upset that the AFD line up didn't come play in your city? Would you be happy that you only saw clips on Youtube from that special reunion show?

/jarmo

[/quote]

A reunion of the 5 original gunners seems very unlikely, for God only knows what reason, I would be happy if there could be a reunion even if I can watch it only through the internet, I would be very happy for Izzy and the rest of the band, I would feel relieved.

There was something about the chemistry that the 5 guys had together, a special color they displayed when they were/played together, I loved that essence, and I hope it can be repeated, but my dream is to have new music written and composed by them.

Would not you like to listen to a new album written by the original members?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2023, 09:36:42 AM »

A reunion of the 5 original gunners seems very unlikely, for God only knows what reason, I would be happy if there could be a reunion even if I can watch it only through the internet, I would be very happy for Izzy and the rest of the band, I would feel relieved.

There was something about the chemistry that the 5 guys had together, a special color they displayed when they were/played together, I loved that essence, and I hope it can be repeated, but my dream is to have new music written and composed by them.

I will listen to anything GN'R releases. They're my favorite band.

I don't like spending my days being upset over things I have no control over. Like when new music comes out, or who plays on it, when the song was written and so on.

/jarmo

Carlos Gunner
Rocker

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2023, 09:38:30 AM »

I don't like spending my days being upset over things I have no control over. Like when new music comes out, or who plays on it, when the song was written and so on.

/jarmo

Cry  peace
Carlos Gunner
Rocker

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2023, 10:56:59 AM »

/jarmo

I personally care about Izzy, I hope he is doing fine, and I wish he is part of a GNR reunion in the future, I bet at least Duff feels the same way but has no means to help, since they were close, I mean they were family.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2023, 12:57:18 PM »

I hope he's doing great and is happy!

Like everyone else who contributed to the band's legacy.

My opinion is to enjoy what you have instead of worrying about what you don't have. Sure, wishing for something different is human nature. But don't let it stop you from enjoying the present.

/jarmo

Carlos Gunner
Rocker

« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2023, 01:42:34 PM »

rant rant rant rant
I hope he's doing great and is happy!

Like everyone else who contributed to the band's legacy.

My opinion is to enjoy what you have instead of worrying about what you don't have. Sure, wishing for something different is human nature. But don't let it stop you from enjoying the present.

/jarmo

crying crying crying
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: