Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:52:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227805 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl announces NEW GnR tour for 2023
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl announces NEW GnR tour for 2023  (Read 13654 times)
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2023, 06:41:12 PM »

And many of my musician-friends often say that much of the songwriting talent in GNR went away with Izzy.

As a musician, I say he's overrated. Just look at each member's work post-breakup and it's clear that most of what made up Guns' songwriting was Slash and Axl. Slash had the riffs, Axl had the vocal melodies, lyrics and piano ballads. Izzy's work since 1991 has all been snoozefest folksy "rock". He also had no writing credit on some of their biggest hits (Civil War and Welcome to the Jungle, for example). Would anyone say those songs are "missing what made GNR GNR"? Of course not. That's why it's so silly to me when people blow Izzy up into this mythical mastermind behind everything. Give me a break.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2023, 07:26:40 PM »

He's not done a tour since 2000. That was three dates in Japan. Before that he toured with the Ju Ju Hounds, until 1993.

He was a guest with GN'R on some tours after that. But I don't think he was bound by a schedule. Which explains why he showed up for certain shows, and not the next one, only to appear again later.

/jarmo

oh sure, it's not apparently his priority, I pointed the fact that he never had something against it, and he could do it when he wanted/needed.

I mean, Axl has nothing against making new music, but he didn't put out much.

Izzy didn't tour much, but he's done 10 studio albums.

different priorities, but not disabilities.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2023, 04:40:44 AM »

True. But just like some people claim Axl doesn't want to do something, the same could be said about Izzy.

I don't know if it's true or not.

But when he did tour with GN'R as a special guest he seemed to have a freedom to come and go as he wished. That wouldn't necessarily work if he was in the band full time.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
DeN
Legend

« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2023, 05:18:06 AM »

True. But just like some people claim Axl doesn't want to do something, the same could be said about Izzy.

I don't know if it's true or not.

But when he did tour with GN'R as a special guest he seemed to have a freedom to come and go as he wished. That wouldn't necessarily work if he was in the band full time.

/jarmo

well, I suppose you know quite a bit Axl, not so much Izzy, in any way you're at a better place than me to judge if he wants to make a new record or not. to me they both are capable to make music and tour, but at this point, not together, because of whatever personal reasons between the two.

I just know Izzy didn't refrain to say harsh things about Axl, and I know how Axl has a good memory  hihi

ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2023, 05:37:42 AM »

Well Izzy said it was just because of the money. So he was eventually ready for the tour. The "i don't want to go on tour thing" is 30 years ago, people changes.

Main problem with izzy is that he stucks to "old" music, don't think his creative inputs would even fit slash's music ideas nowadays.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2023, 05:39:31 AM by ITARocker » Logged
DeN
Legend

« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2023, 06:29:44 AM »

Well Izzy said it was just because of the money.

Izzy said that, but Slash said "I haven't really talked to him since then. There were a lot of different issues that I'm not really going to get into. We wanted it to work out, but we couldn't seem to meet eye to eye on the whole thing. So it just never happened."

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2023, 07:21:05 AM »

well, I suppose you know quite a bit Axl, not so much Izzy, in any way you're at a better place than me to judge if he wants to make a new record or not. to me they both are capable to make music and tour, but at this point, not together, because of whatever personal reasons between the two.

I just know Izzy didn't refrain to say harsh things about Axl, and I know how Axl has a good memory  hihi

I'll give you an analogy. If you ask me to do something, and I don't do it the way you expect/want, you can say "he doesn't want to do it". Just because I prefer to do it in my way on my terms.

This is basically what people think of Axl. That he doesn't want to release music. Well, maybe he wants to do it on his terms.

The same could apply to Izzy. He hasn't toured in over 20 years because he couldn't do it in a way he wants. Who knows!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Carlos Gunner
Rocker

« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2023, 04:48:59 PM »

I love Izzy, wish he at least makes a guest appearance on the new GNR tour.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2023, 12:04:27 AM »

Are concert tickets going slow?  I was surprised the good seats available when I got GNR tickets.  I was more surprised when I got good seats for the Dead and those have been out there for a while.  Plus it's their last tour.  I know some of my friends are waiting to see what life throws their way with jobs, inflation and personal stuff.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2023, 01:33:06 PM »

I love Izzy, wish he at least makes a guest appearance on the new GNR tour.

Yeah, we get it.
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2023, 04:08:53 PM »

I am never one who likes to jump on the bash axl band wagon as thats too low a hanging fruit to do that. So when it comes to people clamoring for izzy or steven to come back this where it hurts having 1 album of original material from from 1991 to 2008 and then 2008 to now. Had GNR whether its was the Chi dem era lineup or this current line up come out with god forbig 1 let alone 2 albums at any point in during those years it may have given some of the die hards something to grab onto musically and say hey this line up ain't bad at all or the current one with fortus and ferrer and melissa in addition to the big 3. Not having more music to hang your hat on leaves us with people who just wanna see guys from the glory days of this band.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2023, 05:07:58 PM »

Some people will always want something that they don't have. They wanted Slash back in the band, well that's not enough, they want new music, well the song's too old, they want shows, well the setlist is wrong, the tickets are too expensive etc.

Human nature.

The ones wanting an AFD reunion, do you think they would love that even if it meant that line up toured successfully for years without putting out any new music?

/jarmo

cineater
Legend

« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2023, 10:46:14 PM »

Some people will always want something that they don't have. They wanted Slash back in the band, well that's not enough, they want new music, well the song's too old, they want shows, well the setlist is wrong, the tickets are too expensive etc.

Human nature.

The ones wanting an AFD reunion, do you think they would love that even if it meant that line up toured successfully for years without putting out any new music?

/jarmo

Will always want new music from GNR whether they tour or not or who is in the band.  And I wasn't that into what they've put out lately.

I watch a lot of their shows through the streams.  I listen to their albums over and over again.  Kind of the same thing to me.

I would like to see a full blown reunion but I also liked the line up in what was called new GNR.  Middle of the road person, probably going to get hit by cars.  hihi

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2023, 04:42:17 AM »

But there's a difference between wanting something so much that you go on and on about it, like a kid asking how many days until Christmas every day of the year. Or wanting something and then just enjoying it when it appears...

The whole new music thing. I remember 1999. We got Oh My God, and after that.... Now it's been less than two years since the band put out two singles. Maybe the ones who want the new music the most think this so called wait is bad.  hihi

/jarmo

cineater
Legend

« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2023, 02:51:22 PM »

But there's a difference between wanting something so much that you go on and on about it, like a kid asking how many days until Christmas every day of the year. Or wanting something and then just enjoying it when it appears...

The whole new music thing. I remember 1999. We got Oh My God, and after that.... Now it's been less than two years since the band put out two singles. Maybe the ones who want the new music the most think this so called wait is bad.  hihi

/jarmo

I know for me death seems to be all around and getting closer everyday.  Time doesn't seem to be on anyone's side any more, even for the young.  GNR is the good stuff in life and you can't fault anyone for wanting more.

And now back to our regularly scheduled programing of wars, crime on the streets and viruses in the air.  Yeah that's out to get you.

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2023, 06:01:22 PM »

And now back to our regularly scheduled programing of wars, crime on the streets and viruses in the air.  Yeah that's out to get you.

"I read it on a wall, it went straight to my head
It said, "Dance to the tension of a world on edge"
We got racial violence, and who'll cast the first stone?
And sex is used any way it can be"

I do miss hearing Axl's take on things. Lots for him to write about these days.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
cineater
Legend

« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2023, 09:28:44 PM »

"I read it on a wall, it went straight to my head
It said, "Dance to the tension of a world on edge"
We got racial violence, and who'll cast the first stone?
And sex is used any way it can be"

I do miss hearing Axl's take on things. Lots for him to write about these days.

I always kind of used GNR music as a way to deal with/see things, the strength to find a solution.  Yeah, could use a little help out here in the jungle finding a way.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2023, 04:48:19 AM »

Tickets for Chicago, Charlotte and Biloxi go on sale today!

/jarmo

GnRScouse
Rocker

« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2023, 04:56:51 AM »

And Glastonbury just been confirmed.

"Nothing to bitch at today!"
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2023, 06:09:48 AM »

And Glastonbury just been confirmed.

Yeah. Looks like the first tour leg is now complete.

/jarmo

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: