Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:38:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl announces NEW GnR tour for 2023
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl announces NEW GnR tour for 2023  (Read 13672 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #100 on: May 01, 2023, 06:31:26 AM »

Pretenders will be joining GN'R for the following European shows this summer as well as London Hyde Park!

09 JUN – MADRID
12 JUN – VIGO
27 JUN – GLASGOW
03 JUL – FRANKFURT
05 JUL – BERN
08 JUL – ROME
11 JUL – WEERT

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
martyngnr
Headliner

« Reply #101 on: May 01, 2023, 06:55:48 AM »

Pretenders on both UK dates. Ugh.

"I read the internet......I know what's going on!"
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #102 on: May 02, 2023, 06:45:46 AM »

Very cool opener!

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #103 on: May 02, 2023, 03:58:03 PM »

Very cool opener!

It's a great opener. Chrissie Hynde, and the Pretenders, are a massive band in their own right. She inspired Madonna and many other artists, and their story is amazing. It shows respect on many levels.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #104 on: May 17, 2023, 10:27:12 AM »

More openers announced.

July 16th, 2023: Bucharest, Romania @ Arena Nationala - Phil Campbell and the Bastard Sons

July 22nd, 2023: Athens, Greece @ Olympic Stadium - The Last Internationale

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Brundle25
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #105 on: May 19, 2023, 06:04:48 AM »

Any chance of a secret set by one or more of the band members during the Glastonbury weekend? I'm thinking most likely Duff?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #106 on: May 23, 2023, 09:13:28 AM »

Any chance of a secret set by one or more of the band members during the Glastonbury weekend? I'm thinking most likely Duff?

You mean a solo show?

/jarmo

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #107 on: May 23, 2023, 06:32:19 PM »

Every time I see this thread's title, my heart skips a beat expecting to read "Axl announces new GNR album"

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #108 on: May 23, 2023, 08:54:41 PM »

Not any new music (yet)...

For now, any setlist wishes? They have included more and more songs over the years, this time around I'm hoping they'll bring back Breakdown and Pretty Tied Up.

Maybe reducing to 2 hour shows? Could maybe open up for more variety between the sets?

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Vezara
Headliner

« Reply #109 on: May 24, 2023, 04:15:52 AM »

For now, any setlist wishes? They have included more and more songs over the years, this time around I'm hoping they'll bring back Breakdown and Pretty Tied Up.

Maybe reducing to 2 hour shows? Could maybe open up for more variety between the sets?

Why do people ask for different set lists? How many people go to more than one show in a tour? I presume only a few dedicated fans, which don't mind the same set list anyways. When I am at the show I want to hear as many songs as possible. Unlike others around me, I sing to all of the songs (CD and covers) which 90 % of the fans are not very familiar with. The not so familiar songs are a chance for people to catch their breath, go to the toilet and grab a drink. To be honest a 3h+ show is probably too long for some people, but I am grateful that my favorite band makes such good and long concerts...
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #110 on: May 24, 2023, 05:31:55 AM »

You mean a solo show?

/jarmo

If you get there early and ask, they can probably arrange it for him. The guys from Metallica are usually floating about too if the band want some random guests
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #111 on: May 24, 2023, 08:28:26 AM »

Why do people ask for different set lists? How many people go to more than one show in a tour?

Well, as we know, the show is great. But in order to give the fans who buy tickets something different each time they go see them, there's no shame in trying something different. Some would be happy to see the same show every time the band comes to town, others wish for a mix of the familiar from the last show with some new surprises thrown in.

I understand both sides. I see a lot of fans who won't even attend any shows wish for changes. Which is a little weird, but I guess also a compliment that they care that much about what is performed at shows they won't even attend.

/jarmo

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #112 on: May 24, 2023, 09:48:27 AM »

Why do people ask for different set lists? How many people go to more than one show in a tour? I presume only a few dedicated fans, which don't mind the same set list anyways. When I am at the show I want to hear as many songs as possible. Unlike others around me, I sing to all of the songs (CD and covers) which 90 % of the fans are not very familiar with. The not so familiar songs are a chance for people to catch their breath, go to the toilet and grab a drink. To be honest a 3h+ show is probably too long for some people, but I am grateful that my favorite band makes such good and long concerts...

You presume the fans going to more than one show don't mind the same set list. Maybe so, but given the choice, would they have the same set twice, or two different sets you think?

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Vezara
Headliner

« Reply #113 on: May 24, 2023, 11:22:18 AM »

You presume the fans going to more than one show don't mind the same set list. Maybe so, but given the choice, would they have the same set twice, or two different sets you think?

Obviously different, but we are talking about 200 people max at a certain concert, that have seen the same concert earlier on the tour. Jarmo included hihi
On every different tour we get a couple of different/new songs that haven't been played earlier.
Since 2006 (my first concert) i got to hear these additional songs:
2010: CD, Sorry, This I love, Rocket Queen, Don't cry, IRS and Whole lotta Rosie, DJ
2011: Estranged, Shacklers revenge, dead flowers, used to love her, Motivation, Civil War, Patience
2018: Slash and Duff, Double talking Jive, Slither, Shadow of you love, New rose, Yesterdays, Coma, Wichita Lineman, wish you were here, Black hole sun, The seeker
2022: Reckless life, Back in black, I wanna be your dog, Absurd, hard school, You're Crazy
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #114 on: May 24, 2023, 06:06:47 PM »

I’m reading on various forums that the tour ain’t selling so well. Whole rows (heck even sections in some places) are not sold. Kinda seems like the reunion has lost its shine in terms of fan interest. Sad but possibly true.

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
cineater
Legend

« Reply #115 on: May 24, 2023, 07:07:29 PM »

I’m reading on various forums that the tour ain’t selling so well. Whole rows (heck even sections in some places) are not sold. Kinda seems like the reunion has lost its shine in terms of fan interest. Sad but possibly true.

I checked up on some of the more popular US shows last night.  Lots of tickets still available.

Could run that GNR race car again.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
johnreed3344
Rocker

« Reply #116 on: May 24, 2023, 07:28:15 PM »

I’d imagine as we get closer the bigger venues like MetLife will get close to sellout like 2021. But tbh was hoping for arena run like MSG, etc. better venues to see them. I’ll be at Hershey and MetLife tho.

I checked up on some of the more popular US shows last night.  Lots of tickets still available.

Could run that GNR race car again.

12/5/02
5/17/06
11/5/06
11/17/11
11/26/11
2/10/12
2/24/12
6/8/13
4/8/16
4/16/16
7/14/16
7/23/16
10/11/17
10/12/17
10/15/17
10/16/17
7/1/18
10/1/19
8/5/21
8/11/23
8/15/23 NE
cineater
Legend

« Reply #117 on: May 25, 2023, 01:15:36 AM »

I'm not too worried about it.  Looked like they had enough not to have to cancel.  There's last minute sales too.  I keep thinking they have something big to attract attention but then again probably not.  I'm not sure what they can do after the announcement went out.

Anyway, I assume Jarmo is getting ready to go to work.  Not work when you love what you do.   Cheesy  Wishing him good times and smooth sailing.

Not sure what I'm doing about streams.  I'll try to catch a few of the first ones.  Incredibly busy for a woman of leisure.  They hunt for them over at MyGNR if I'm not around.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #118 on: May 25, 2023, 06:55:42 AM »

Anyway, I assume Jarmo is getting ready to go to work.  Not work when you love what you do.   Cheesy  Wishing him good times and smooth sailing.

Yes, and thank you! Smiley

/jarmo

rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #119 on: May 25, 2023, 07:18:37 AM »

Ive seen the band 6 times since 2016 and every show they played a song ive never seen them do before.
Thats a big reason why im still going to multiple shows. 
That said this might be the first time in a long time im settling for 1 show per european leg. Money is abit tighter this year.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »