Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:23:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Perhaps is being released
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Perhaps is being released  (Read 15870 times)
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2023, 05:21:52 PM »

. You think Axl recorded vocals for a song on Looney Tunes and nothing else in a decade?

He made 1 album in 30 years. He's releasing old songs with old vocals. It's a legitimate thought. It's not that u are talking about a a workhaolic... This said, i don't think he did anything at all, but if you think they have done more than 2-3 (really) new songs (with the classic "unfinished vocals" and the "finishing touches" need ) you're wrong. They make new music with their own projects, with gnr they are milkin the cow and try to clear the shelves, it's pretty clear at this point.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2023, 05:41:07 PM by ITARocker » Logged
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2023, 06:10:27 AM »

GN'R Release week!

Cant wait!

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
thomas
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2023, 08:32:18 AM »

GN'R Release week!

Cant wait!

if it happen still no press release from the gnr camp
Oliver
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2023, 08:58:50 AM »

Was there any press release before Absurd and Hard Skool? I don't think so.
johnreed3344
Rocker

« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2023, 09:50:48 AM »

Show week too! Well for me. Pumped for Hershey Park and hopefully PERHAPS! Any gunners gonna be there?

12/5/02
5/17/06
11/5/06
11/17/11
11/26/11
2/10/12
2/24/12
6/8/13
4/8/16
4/16/16
7/14/16
7/23/16
10/11/17
10/12/17
10/15/17
10/16/17
7/1/18
10/1/19
8/5/21
8/11/23
8/15/23 NE
thomas
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2023, 10:15:41 AM »

Was there any press release before Absurd and Hard Skool? I don't think so.

there was a press release
Oliver
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2023, 10:23:54 AM »

I'm not sure for Hard Skool, but I remember that for Absurd, they played it live one night, and Axl announced that it would be released at midnight the same night, without any prior notice.
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2023, 03:11:30 PM »

Absurd got announced (onstage) 2h before the release.
Hard Skool didnt get announced in advance at all.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
bailyrose
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2023, 03:52:00 PM »

Maybe this Friday's show they will debut Perhaps...
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2023, 07:16:05 PM »

. You think Axl recorded vocals for a song on Looney Tunes and nothing else in a decade?

He made 1 album in 30 years. He's releasing old songs with old vocals. It's a legitimate thought. It's not that u are talking about a a workhaolic... This said, i don't think he did anything at all, but if you think they have done more than 2-3 (really) new songs (with the classic "unfinished vocals" and the "finishing touches" need ) you're wrong. They make new music with their own projects, with gnr they are milkin the cow and try to clear the shelves, it's pretty clear at this point.

Just about anything is a "legitimate thought." But it still seems entirely unlikely that a guy who has access to recording studios around the globe limited his output over more than a decade to a track for a cartoon.

Not saying we're getting an album tomorrow, but it amuses me how confident some people are while overlooking everything that people in the know have actually said over the years.
ITARocker
VIP

« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2023, 08:02:35 AM »

Just about anything is a "legitimate thought." But it still seems entirely unlikely that a guy who has access to recording studios around the globe limited his output over more than a decade to a track for a cartoon.

Not saying we're getting an album tomorrow, but it amuses me how confident some people are while overlooking everything that people in the know have actually said over the years.

Slash and Duff said' nothin at all. The man in charge hasn't said anything for years. We know there are CD (2008) leftovers that they have been realising in the last 2 years. Overlooking at what exactly, if almost nothing has been said? I mean, really, all you can look at is the history of this band, its catalog. It's not that I'm "confident", I'm using logic. And using this logic I said a couple of times that IF we'll have an album it will be CD 2 with hopefully 2 new songs. If it's goin to be an entire album full of new songs i'll be the first to enjoy it, but I'm not not holding my breath, cause i know the 1st option is the more realistic.
U talked about looney tunes... Well..It's more realistic to think that the looney tune thing was a deal (maybe a "friendly" one) axl made with warner to use the looney tunes theme at the beginning of every single show. So it was "forced" at a certain point to do that thing. Another realistic thing is that they already reharsed perhaps and it sounded almost the same (apart from slash's solo obviously),it's gonna be the less reworked song of the 3. So don't expect too much from that too.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2023, 08:13:46 AM by ITARocker » Logged
kyrie
Legend

« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2023, 10:45:41 AM »

Slash and Duff said' nothin at all. The man in charge hasn't said anything for years. We know there are CD (2008) leftovers that they have been realising in the last 2 years. Overlooking at what exactly, if almost nothing has been said? I mean, really, all you can look at is the history of this band, its catalog. It's not that I'm "confident", I'm using logic. And using this logic I said a couple of times that IF we'll have an album it will be CD 2 with hopefully 2 new songs. If it's goin to be an entire album full of new songs i'll be the first to enjoy it, but I'm not not holding my breath, cause i know the 1st option is the more realistic.
U talked about looney tunes... Well..It's more realistic to think that the looney tune thing was a deal (maybe a "friendly" one) axl made with warner to use the looney tunes theme at the beginning of every single show. So it was "forced" at a certain point to do that thing. Another realistic thing is that they already reharsed perhaps and it sounded almost the same (apart from slash's solo obviously),it's gonna be the less reworked song of the 3. So don't expect too much from that too.

What? Lol. A deal to play the Looney Tunes theme? You say you're using logic then made something up out of thin air. Look into ASCAP/BMI/SOCAN public performance licensing (or the equivalent body where ever you live). Also, Guns were using the Looney Tunes theme before Axl appeared on the show. That's how the showrunners got the idea to get him on the show. Link here: https://ultimateclassicrock.com/axl-rose-new-looney-tunes-song-story/

I keep saying you have no idea what's in the vault. You initially said there were two solid songs with vocals, which is why I said you were overlooking what people in the know had already said, like Slash saying 4 to 6 songs were coming, plus the tour manager dude's comments recently. And the fact that an entire album was ready to go at one point.  Since you haven't heard said album, there's no way to know how many songs are solid or not, but again let's go with your original statement: two solid songs with vocals, and if State of Grace was released they would have to write something new. Now you're saying "IF we'll have an album it will be CD 2 with hopefully 2 new songs." Okay. That's great, you've changed your tune.

I'm not interested in moving goalposts however. Be consistent. I'm out. Peace.
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2023, 11:29:07 AM »

As the Great Daniel Bryan/Bryan Danielson once said we as fans are FICKLE lol. People complain theres no new music in fill in the blank years, then we get NEW music and it is regardless if you chose to listen to the leaks and we complain its vocals from fill in the blank years ago. Why can't we just be happy this band is consistently been touring since 2016 and still putting out music.  peace
johnreed3344
Rocker

« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2023, 11:34:24 AM »

Life of a GN’R fan in the forums lol. FRIDAY CANNOT COME SOON ENOUGH!!!!

12/5/02
5/17/06
11/5/06
11/17/11
11/26/11
2/10/12
2/24/12
6/8/13
4/8/16
4/16/16
7/14/16
7/23/16
10/11/17
10/12/17
10/15/17
10/16/17
7/1/18
10/1/19
8/5/21
8/11/23
8/15/23 NE
ITARocker
VIP

« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2023, 11:50:44 AM »

What? Lol. A deal to play the Looney Tunes theme? You say you're using logic then made something up out of thin air. Look into ASCAP/BMI/SOCAN public performance licensing (or the equivalent body where ever you live). Also, Guns were using the Looney Tunes theme before Axl appeared on the show. That's how the showrunners got the idea to get him on the show. Link here: https://ultimateclassicrock.com/axl-rose-new-looney-tunes-song-story/

I keep saying you have no idea what's in the vault. You initially said there were two solid songs with vocals, which is why I said you were overlooking what people in the know had already said, like Slash saying 4 to 6 songs were coming, plus the tour manager dude's comments recently. And the fact that an entire album was ready to go at one point.  Since you haven't heard said album, there's no way to know how many songs are solid or not, but again let's go with your original statement: two solid songs with vocals, and if State of Grace was released they would have to write something new. Now you're saying "IF we'll have an album it will be CD 2 with hopefully 2 new songs." Okay. That's great, you've changed your tune.

I'm not interested in moving goalposts however. Be consistent. I'm out. Peace.

I never, ever, changed my tune. I've been saying the CD 2 thing for 5 years at least...I never said there were two solid songs with vocals, what you on,? You misread...Plus, slash, sorry, doesn't count cause he's always been vague. The "tour manager" you're talking about is not the tour manager, is  the stage tech... The only 1 that matters doesn't say anything, so we can say whatever we want. I've my ideas based on well known facts and history. Not words. Am i Wrong? Ok good, i gonna sleep well tonight in any case peace
« Last Edit: August 08, 2023, 12:02:48 PM by ITARocker » Logged
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2023, 12:23:04 PM »

I was the one saying there's only 2 solid songs with vocals in the vault... From the leaks....

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2023, 08:21:34 AM »

I'll take any new music doesn't matter if it's in the vault or not.

Same here.

And it does at least beg the question...have these guys not written one new piece of material in 7 fuckin' years?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
AXLRIVERS
Headliner

« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2023, 10:05:33 AM »

It's worrying of they haven't. As a supposedly functioning 'band' that doesn't wish to classed as a nostalgic act. You can't exactly say they didn't get time or were too busy to create a song or two together. The world stood still for a year, possibly 2.

I'm hoping they have of course.
kyrie
Legend

« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2023, 11:21:13 AM »

Someone posted on another board that this has been pushed back a week to the 18th. No clue if that's legit or not.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2023, 04:29:01 PM »

There is a FAR stronger argument for this point than its opposite.

So many tend to retreat towards, "so, I guess you know everything then, smartguy?" as some sort of weird defense mechanism.

No, we don't know everything.  Yet somehow us commenting on what we are given is out of bounds, but speculative comments based on nothing but hope is the height of nobility.

We are a weird bunch.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: