Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:32:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Atlas Shrugged in November?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Atlas Shrugged in November?  (Read 5111 times)
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« on: August 22, 2023, 10:21:54 AM »

Take this with a grain of salt.

https://twitter.com/hasitleaked/status/1693601134890340495

Atlas Shrugged being released in November. This is one of several sources for this rumor. No clue how reliable hasitleaked is, saw some suggesting they're decent/have been accurate in the past, but can't say personally.

This would mean one new song a month for a bit and presumably Atlas would have a b-side. If true
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2023, 11:48:47 AM »

A little skeptical about this one….maybe we get lucky!

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
cineater
Legend

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2023, 12:12:54 PM »

Yeah, they are talking about that over at Evo, evolution.com.  Love the artwork.  If you want to cut through the bullshit and stay up to date, go over there.  "Please don't dominate the rap Jack, if you got nothing new to say, if you please, don't back up the track."  Just read over there.

James, James, James.   Cheesy  Poor guy has just been through it with GNR.  He wants to believe.

Here's my take.  GNR wants to get this and a lot more out to us.  They've been trying all along but god fucking damn it, the shit they have to go through.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
kyrie
Legend

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2023, 02:08:20 PM »

Yeah, they are talking about that over at Evo, evolution.com.  Love the artwork.  If you want to cut through the bullshit and stay up to date, go over there.  "Please don't dominate the rap Jack, if you got nothing new to say, if you please, don't back up the track."  Just read over there.

James, James, James.   Cheesy  Poor guy has just been through it with GNR.  He wants to believe.

Here's my take.  GNR wants to get this and a lot more out to us.  They've been trying all along but god fucking damn it, the shit they have to go through.

I'm so very confused by this reply. Is James the hasitleaked twitter?

By artwork I assume you mean this? https://twitter.com/AllCautions/status/1693994299229360130

I'm not much of a twitter guy (or X lol) so I don't vouch for any of this.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2023, 02:11:03 PM by kyrie » Logged
cineater
Legend

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2023, 03:04:36 PM »

Yeah, they are talking about that over at Evo, evolution.com.  Love the artwork.  If you want to cut through the bullshit and stay up to date, go over there.  "Please don't dominate the rap Jack, if you got nothing new to say, if you please, don't back up the track."  Just read over there.

James, James, James.   Cheesy  Poor guy has just been through it with GNR.  He wants to believe.

Here's my take.  GNR wants to get this and a lot more out to us.  They've been trying all along but god fucking damn it, the shit they have to go through.

I'm so very confused by this reply. Is James the hasitleaked twitter?

By artwork I assume you mean this? https://twitter.com/AllCautions/status/1693994299229360130

I'm not much of a twitter guy (or X lol) so I don't vouch for any of this.

I don't know who James is.  He posts a lot.  I get about a sentence into him and just want to give the guy a hug and say it's going to be alright.

I don't study Evo.  More kind of scan them to see which way the wind is blowing today. 

I noticed MSL showed up, interesting.  Investments at risk or another elaborate plot to force out leaks before they are worthless?   hihi  The guy is tricky but he gets what he goes after, occasionally blows up in his face.  But if he's coming around, something is brewing, stay tuned.

I know, what's with the X?  I thought that guy was suppose to be some kind of entrepreneur.  Seems like a lot more manure in there than actual enterprising.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2023, 03:18:44 PM »

Forgot, yes that's the artwork.  Could be the Mojo guy, he does good stuff too.  Never trust what flies around the GNR boards.

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2023, 03:28:25 PM »

I dug the old demo a lot.  Still listen to it often.  I very much hope this is true.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2023, 05:26:22 PM »

I hope so!
Its my favorite from the leaks.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2023, 06:19:51 PM »

I hope not. Terrible song.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2023, 06:26:32 PM »

I tell you what I would like to hear, aside from State of Grace the one track that I like is Dummy.... Unfortunately no vocals.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2023, 07:01:37 PM »

I wasn't impressed by the demo, but I felt the same about Perhaps and my opinion changed when I heard it properly produced and finished. So we'll see..

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2023, 06:21:33 PM »

I tell you what I would like to hear, aside from State of Grace the one track that I like is Dummy.... Unfortunately no vocals.

I couldn't make heads or tails of the ones with no vocals, to be honest.

At least on 'Quick Song', Axl be-bops and scats a bit.  It's all gibberish, but you see how the song might go if it was real.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2023, 07:46:11 AM »

I wasn't impressed by the demo, but I felt the same about Perhaps and my opinion changed when I heard it properly produced and finished. So we'll see..

I think it's a good song, it has a "beatles" vibe. But he could never sing this live, it would be a mess.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2023, 04:55:11 PM »

I think it's a good song, it has a "beatles" vibe. But he could never sing this live, it would be a mess.

True.  I don't love those chances.

'There Was A Time' is far and away my favorite song from that era of the band.  And in 17 years, I have yet to hear a live version that wasn't godawful, vocally.

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2023, 09:03:16 PM »

It was foolish of Axl to cram so many words into TWAT, especially with zero space between the verses and choruses, and between the chorus and bridge. Let the instrumental breathe for a measure or two while you breathe.

Even in the studio, he had to cut together lines because they simply couldn't be done in one breath. Listen to the cut between "on a pedestal or bed" and "and now you're sleeping like an angel".

You'd think he learned his lesson from You Could Be Mine.  hihi

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
kyrie
Legend

« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2023, 01:38:33 PM »

Needless to say, with Perhaps vinyl delayed to December 8, any possibility of Atlas Shrugged (and maybe State of Grace as the R-Side) being in November is probably gone.

2024 perhaps? (not Perhaps in 2024 I hope!)
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2023, 05:31:36 AM »

It was foolish of Axl to cram so many words into TWAT, especially with zero space between the verses and choruses, and between the chorus and bridge. Let the instrumental breathe for a measure or two while you breathe.

Even in the studio, he had to cut together lines because they simply couldn't be done in one breath. Listen to the cut between "on a pedestal or bed" and "and now you're sleeping like an angel".

You'd think he learned his lesson from You Could Be Mine.  hihi

But he has always recorded like that, right? Line by line, not the whole song in one take.

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
kunzerd
VIP

5/12/06, 5/17/06, 11/10/06, 11/26/11, 2/10/12,

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2023, 09:57:22 AM »

True.  I don't love those chances.

'There Was A Time' is far and away my favorite song from that era of the band.  And in 17 years, I have yet to hear a live version that wasn't godawful, vocally.

I thought, at the time, that he nailed it the first time it was played live, at Hammerstein in 06.

12/06/02 - Philly RIOT
5/12/06 - Hammerstein, NY
5/17/06 - Hammerstein, NY
11/10/06 - MSG
11/26/11 - Camden. NJ
2/10/12 - Roseland Ballroom, NY
2/24/12 - HoB, AC, NJ
6/12/13 - Quebec
7/14/16 -
Oliver
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2023, 01:48:31 PM »

If we are allowed to discuss leaks at HTGTH, anything can happen.  hihi
thomas
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2023, 08:16:46 PM »

If we are allowed to discuss leaks at HTGTH, anything can happen.  hihi

i remember that in the past jarmo did not allow leaks being talk on here happy that change
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: