Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:52:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  August 24th, 2023: Chicago, IL @ Wrigley Field
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: August 24th, 2023: Chicago, IL @ Wrigley Field  (Read 2340 times)
cineater
Legend

« on: August 23, 2023, 10:08:11 PM »

You're going to die.   hihi

I'll be catching this at the very end and have an internet tech coming in the morning.  Can somebody post the litho?  Get it here or MyGNR  http://lithorati.com/2020tour/na2020-2021.html

I was hoping they would do something with pinball.  Jersey Jack is located there and they do have pinball machine in play.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2023, 12:34:16 PM by cineater » Logged

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2023, 02:23:03 PM »

It's very hot here....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
gabble
Rocker

I-E-A-I-A-I-O

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2023, 02:30:02 PM »

It's pretty steamy today. Do you know when gnr are expected to hit the stage? And for how long the set might run?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2023, 02:53:28 PM »

Around 7:30, the show is usually around two and a half to three hours.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ericy210
Headliner

What's up..... homefuck!

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2023, 04:04:03 PM »

FYI from the National Weather Service to people like me attending tonight-

excessive heat warning until 8 pm.  Be safe

https://forecast.weather.gov/showsigwx.php?warnzone=ILZ104&warncounty=ILC031&firewxzone=ILZ014&local_place1=4 Miles NE Chicago IL&product1=Excessive+Heat+Warning&lat=41.8843&lon=-87.6325

Excessive Heat Warning

URGENT - WEATHER MESSAGE
National Weather Service Chicago IL
1000 AM CDT Thu Aug 24 2023

ILZ103>105-242300-
/O.CON.KLOT.EH.W.0002.000000T0000Z-230825T0100Z/
Northern Cook-Central Cook-Southern Cook-
Including the cities of Evanston, Des Plaines, Schaumburg,
Palatine, Northbrook, Chicago, Cicero, Oak Lawn, Oak Park,
La Grange, Calumet City, Oak Forest, Lemont, Orland Park,
and Park Forest
1000 AM CDT Thu Aug 24 2023

...EXCESSIVE HEAT WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 PM CDT THIS
EVENING...

* WHAT...Dangerously hot conditions with heat index values in
  excess of 110 expected.

* WHERE...Northern Cook, Central Cook and Southern Cook Counties.

* WHEN...Until 8 PM CDT this evening.

* IMPACTS...The magnitude of anticipated heat will lead to
  hazardous conditions, particularly for the elderly and those
  with pre-existing health conditions. Residents of the city of
  Chicago can call 3 1 1 to request well being checks for elderly
  friends or family members, or for information on finding the
  nearest cooling center.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

Drink plenty of fluids, stay in an air-conditioned room, stay out
of the sun, and check up on relatives and neighbors. Young
children and pets should never be left unattended in vehicles
under any circumstances.

Take extra precautions if you work or spend time outside. When
possible reschedule strenuous activities to early morning or
evening. Know the signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion and heat
stroke. Wear lightweight and loose fitting clothing when
possible. To reduce risk during outdoor work, the Occupational
Safety and Health Administration recommends scheduling frequent
rest breaks in shaded or air conditioned environments. Anyone
overcome by heat should be moved to a cool and shaded location.
Heat stroke is an emergency! Call 9 1 1.

Iowa City 1993, Leeds 2002, Quad Cities 2002, Chicago 2002, NYC 2006, Lisbon 2006, London 2006, Donnington 2006, Wembley 2006, Chicago 2006, Toronto 2010, Chicago 2011, Chicago 2012, Chicago 2016 x 2
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2023, 04:40:09 PM »

Went from one of the wettest and rainiest shows in a while to the hottest!

/jarmo

cineater
Legend

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2023, 10:41:38 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/joel.rogers.12532/videos/948397919596531

cineater
Legend

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2023, 10:51:41 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/zdravi.zlatanova/videos/286561167328363

Natalie
Headliner

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2023, 12:06:31 AM »

The show was amazing, one of the best I have been to. And they brought back Coma  love !

Athens 10/7/06 
Prague 4/7/17
Madrid 29/6/18 
Barcelona 1/7/18
Lincoln 15/10/19
Dallas 1/9/2021
Atlantic city  11&12/9/21
Madrid 9/6/23
Boston 21/8/23
Chicago 24/8/23
Seattle 14/10/23
cineater
Legend

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2023, 06:50:32 AM »

Glad you survived.   hihi

Natalie
Headliner

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2023, 01:25:08 PM »

Glad you survived.   hihi

Yeah, it was indeed very hot yesterday. Waiting was really tough in the afternoon.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2023, 10:03:24 PM by Natalie » Logged

Athens 10/7/06 
Prague 4/7/17
Madrid 29/6/18 
Barcelona 1/7/18
Lincoln 15/10/19
Dallas 1/9/2021
Atlantic city  11&12/9/21
Madrid 9/6/23
Boston 21/8/23
Chicago 24/8/23
Seattle 14/10/23
ericy210
Headliner

What's up..... homefuck!

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2023, 09:03:03 PM »

Couple notes from last night.

I came into the VIP pit 20 minutes before guns went on.  Traffic was hell. I was standing behind one row of people on the railing with space between them. Industrial fans were blowing from both sides of the stage, so I figured they’d want to stay near the mechanical fans, at least until the heat eased up.

Indeed, Axl was in front of me 40% of the show, 40% of the show on the other side, and 20% in the hot center stage, with no air blowing.  It was so hot that everyone had a couple feet between themselves, so I could just stand there, watch them and fully take them in. Any one of them, usually Duff, Richard and mostly Axl was 15’ in front of me. 

Duff would make eye contact and nod at you and smile if you’re having fun.  Slash would come over and sometimes not be facing the crowd or camera.  He’s lost in some solo or improvisation , just completely on a different planet and absorbed with expressing pure musical emotion.  Axl was thin- t-shirts and silverish jeans.  Good to seem him healthy and joking around.  Holy hell, he is intense.  He is so focused on delivering the songs as he wants to deliver them, which is extremely well.  All the guys were dripping with sweat.  But Axl had to sing and breathe in extreme heat- that’s just a ton of physical effort in that heat for anyone.  He gets in the zone and doesn’t seem to look at specific things in emotional songs like estranged.  He’s singing and sharing himself with the entire world.  He looked like a strongman trying to life a car, just all intensity and focus.  It’s physically impressive to see someone working that hard with all the emotion appropriate for hard edged songs. Then he jokes between songs. 

I’m not saying he’s trying hard as if he is old or can’t sing like 30 years ago.  Seeing him that close made me realize he is super-intense, the real deal, and he’s not doing it with all the heat to get a paycheck.  I guess it’s typical Axl.  He believes in the songs and what he authentically wants to say.  And he wants to deliver a great show.  I’m pretty sure if people were pushing and passing out with the heat, he’d tell us to back up.  Maybe stop a song he’d tell us a second time.  Then he’d end the show so people aren’t dying in the heat.  I have all the gunner credentials and won’t bother sharing them.  But after being a fan and seeing them many times since appetite came out, I never really got how intense and dedicated and real deal he is.  He is really hard core.

Iowa City 1993, Leeds 2002, Quad Cities 2002, Chicago 2002, NYC 2006, Lisbon 2006, London 2006, Donnington 2006, Wembley 2006, Chicago 2006, Toronto 2010, Chicago 2011, Chicago 2012, Chicago 2016 x 2
cineater
Legend

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2023, 11:42:02 PM »

I came into the VIP pit 20 minutes before guns went on.  Traffic was hell. I was standing behind one row of people on the railing with space between them. Industrial fans were blowing from both sides of the stage, so I figured they’d want to stay near the mechanical fans, at least until the heat eased up.

Indeed, Axl was in front of me 40% of the show, 40% of the show on the other side, and 20% in the hot center stage, with no air blowing.  It was so hot that everyone had a couple feet between themselves, so I could just stand there, watch them and fully take them in. Any one of them, usually Duff, Richard and mostly Axl was 15’ in front of me. 

Duff would make eye contact and nod at you and smile if you’re having fun.  Slash would come over and sometimes not be facing the crowd or camera.  He’s lost in some solo or improvisation , just completely on a different planet and absorbed with expressing pure musical emotion.  Axl was thin- t-shirts and silverish jeans.  Good to seem him healthy and joking around.  Holy hell, he is intense.  He is so focused on delivering the songs as he wants to deliver them, which is extremely well.  All the guys were dripping with sweat.  But Axl had to sing and breathe in extreme heat- that’s just a ton of physical effort in that heat for anyone.  He gets in the zone and doesn’t seem to look at specific things in emotional songs like estranged.  He’s singing and sharing himself with the entire world.  He looked like a strongman trying to life a car, just all intensity and focus.  It’s physically impressive to see someone working that hard with all the emotion appropriate for hard edged songs. Then he jokes between songs. 

I’m not saying he’s trying hard as if he is old or can’t sing like 30 years ago.  Seeing him that close made me realize he is super-intense, the real deal, and he’s not doing it with all the heat to get a paycheck.  I guess it’s typical Axl.  He believes in the songs and what he authentically wants to say.  And he wants to deliver a great show.  I’m pretty sure if people were pushing and passing out with the heat, he’d tell us to back up.  Maybe stop a song he’d tell us a second time.  Then he’d end the show so people aren’t dying in the heat.  I have all the gunner credentials and won’t bother sharing them.  But after being a fan and seeing them many times since appetite came out, I never really got how intense and dedicated and real deal he is.  He is really hard core.

That's a pretty good description of Axl.  He's working that song.  Yet he knows what's going on in the audience.  Duff looks down at the people right in front of him.  I think because he doesn't want to look into the lights.  Axl I think looks out there and sings to a group of people making his view a little widera and makes him feel accountable for the perfection of what he's doing.  Sometimes I think when he takes the walk across the stage he is focused on that last group he can see and he's singing directly down that row to people as he walks by.  Never know, there might be a second there where Axl sang directly to you.  You know when he's not trying to force that note into the mic.

willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2023, 06:47:45 AM »

Verey well put! Axl is giving everything he has for these shows. It killed me not to go too this one but I am going to make the Arizona show.

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: