Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:46:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Reissue of Chinese Democracy with the Big 3 would you or wouldn't you?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Reissue of Chinese Democracy with the Big 3 would you or wouldn't you?  (Read 3698 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2023, 03:35:05 PM »

Did someone make you listen to leaks and ruin the surprise?

Yeah, I gotta agree with the Big Chief here.

I listen to any and all leaks the second they come out.  And that's on me.  I gotta own that and everything it entails.  Not a good faith argument to then claim there was no surprise.  I made that call, seeking out leaks.

I find leaks to be more pro than con with this band.

PRO

- Band produces content at a snail's pace, so might as well grab something to tide you over
- It would be impossible for me to sit here knowing there was new content out there I am actively not seeking out
- The fact I am some "bad fan" for listening to leaks is preposterous
- I know I am buying the eventual official release, regardless, so they will get my money

CON

- By the time the official release come out, there is no newness factor
- They take so long with releases, I can become conditioned to the leak/unreleased love version which I tend to prefer

Pros FAR out weight the cons here for me.

Only real con is my second one.  I truly believe that the 7 years I spend playing the RIR III live versions locked me into those versions of them.  And, as a result, I don't like the official versions a much.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2023, 03:50:59 PM »

I like CD the way it is - amazing musicians. Great album which represent Gn'R anno 2000s. I'd rather hear finished mixes of Absurd/Silkworms, Hard School and Perhaps with the 2000s line-up(s) - and of course new music made by the current line-up.

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
Oliver
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2023, 03:54:15 PM »

I truly believe that the 7 years I spend playing the RIR III live versions locked me into those versions of them.

Sometimes I still sing the "OK never mind".

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2023, 07:54:11 PM »

[
I listen to any and all leaks the second they come out.  And that's on me.  I gotta own that and everything it entails.  Not a good faith argument to then claim there was no surprise.  I made that call, seeking out leaks.

I find leaks to be more pro than con with this band.

PRO

- Band produces content at a snail's pace, so might as well grab something to tide you over
- It would be impossible for me to sit here knowing there was new content out there I am actively not seeking out
- The fact I am some "bad fan" for listening to leaks is preposterous
- I know I am buying the eventual official release, regardless, so they will get my money

Don't forget; you could get hit by a bus tomorrow and never live to hear the final release.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2023, 10:20:14 PM »

I truly believe that the 7 years I spend playing the RIR III live versions locked me into those versions of them.

Sometimes I still sing the "OK never mind".

Hahaha

Oh...*every* time, for this guy..

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2023, 10:21:41 PM »

Don't forget; you could get hit by a bus tomorrow and never live to hear the final release.

OK, well...hahaha.  A little bit darker than I was going with this.

But, honestly, your argument succeeds on its own merit. 

Vezara
Headliner

« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2023, 08:21:02 AM »

I love CD and listen to it often, even more so, since perhaps came out... All of a sudden some things make more sense... I think that with the General, state of grace, etc. it will attract more fans to CD at some point.
On the other hand, I think it is a bit hard core for most people... Its a bit too much, if you are not a big fan of GNR. I suppose it could be much easier to digest if it was re-recorded. The main thing is that we do have the original CD, which we can always go back to.  beer
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2023, 05:13:38 PM »

I love CD and listen to it often, even more so, since perhaps came out... All of a sudden some things make more sense... I think that with the General, state of grace, etc. it will attract more fans to CD at some point.
On the other hand, I think it is a bit hard core for most people... Its a bit too much, if you are not a big fan of GNR. I suppose it could be much easier to digest if it was re-recorded. The main thing is that we do have the original CD, which we can always go back to.  beer

Don't overthink it.

If you were doing a simple word association with the general public

Chinese Democracy = not real Guns N' Roses

I know we pride ourselves in the pretzels we twist ourselves into to make it otherwise.  That plays in GNR echo chambers, like this one here.  Nowhere else.

To the people, this was a miss.  Doesn't mean you can't dig it.  I, myself, did certain tunes off the album.

But I certainy think this waiting on the great re-evaluation of a forgotten masterpiece is a fool's errand.

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2023, 08:48:42 PM »

OK, well...hahaha.  A little bit darker than I was going with this.

But, honestly, your argument succeeds on its own merit. 

LOL I've been having a crisis about mortality ever since I was like 15. rofl I try to use that as a reminder to live in the moment.

The thought first occurred to me in a discussion about bands hoarding unreleased material. What about all the fans who didn't live to see it get released?

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
MrMojoRa
VIP

iiii]; )'

« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2023, 08:26:45 PM »

It's a hard NO for me.

Classic Album no need to mess with it.

8-13-88 (Pine Knob, Clarkson, Mi); 6-11-91 (Hershey, Pa); 12-16-91 & 12-17-91 (Philly); 12-06-02 (Philly Riot); 5-12-06 (Hammerstein, NY); 10-10-06 (MSG, NY); 11-26-11 (Camden, NJ); 7-14-16 (Philly)
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: