Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:53:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  tWat, what a serious master piece
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: tWat, what a serious master piece  (Read 1901 times)
Carlos Gunner
Rocker

« on: September 24, 2023, 05:41:49 PM »

that song is impressive

dizzy reed co wrote it, incredible talent

lonely teardrops mmmm
are calling you
but I don t wanna know it now
cuz knowing you it won t change a damn thing
but there was a time.......... ........ .,
« Last Edit: September 24, 2023, 05:48:05 PM by Carlos Gunner » Logged
cineater
Legend

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2023, 01:19:44 AM »

I wouldn't say masterpiece but it's okay.  Axl sings it but I wouldn't say he's committed to it.  So much of CD is kind of missing that life Axl brings to a song if you know what I mean.  You get back to the UYI songs, those songs have life.  Hard to explain but those are your masterpieces.  I can hear it in his voice.  I'll have to watch him more closely but I bet he's far more animated when he's singing those then the stuff after that.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Axlspants
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2023, 08:01:02 AM »

Its an incredible song but the last 30 seconds or so start to grate on my ears. Unusual for Axl but it goes a bit too far for me. Normally GnR songs build to a fantastic ending but TWAT isn't one of them for me.
Carlos Gunner
Rocker

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2023, 08:42:08 AM »

I wouldn't say masterpiece but it's okay.  Axl sings it but I wouldn't say he's committed to it.  So much of CD is kind of missing that life Axl brings to a song if you know what I mean.  You get back to the UYI songs, those songs have life.  Hard to explain but those are your masterpieces.  I can hear it in his voice.  I'll have to watch him more closely but I bet he's far more animated when he's singing those then the stuff after that.

Maybe he enjoys more singing UYI songs than CD, could be true, his best years happened during that era. God bless you.
Carlos Gunner
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2023, 08:43:24 AM »

Its an incredible song but the last 30 seconds or so start to grate on my ears. Unusual for Axl but it goes a bit too far for me. Normally GnR songs build to a fantastic ending but TWAT isn't one of them for me.

Interesting, I usually love the ending.
God bless you.a
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2023, 10:15:58 AM »

Odd... I have the opposite experience, the beginning "grates my ears" but the ending is superb.... from the 2:40 min mark it's pure heaven.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2023, 11:26:06 AM »

Best song on the album, in my opinion.  Easily.

Only song from the Island Of Misfit Toys era I would consider for my all time GNR Top 10.  Though I usually stick it at #11 since I think the Top 10 should be reserved for the real band.

Buckethead's outro might be my all time favorite guitarwork on any GNR track.  I have it right there with the end of 'November Rain'.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2023, 12:20:26 PM »

That song is still in the bottom half of Chinese Democracy songs for me.  That’s not really a knock as I really love the album and I like that song a lot as well.   CD, Shacklers, Better, Street of Dreams, Catcher, Sorry, Rhiad,  Madagascar, Prostitute and This I Love are probably my top 10 off the album off the top of my head.  Better, Street of Dreams and This I Love are right up there with the best songs GNR have ever done IMO. 
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2023, 03:25:41 PM »

'This I Love' sounds like it could be in 'Cats'  Axl Lloyd Webber, ova here.

The title track and SOD I felt were better in their original demo versions.  Those are the ones I play.  I think that original demo of SOD (then called 'The Blues') was excellent.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2023, 04:10:12 PM »

'This I Love' sounds like it could be in 'Cats'  Axl Lloyd Webber, ova here.

Some people here have never been to the Wintergarden Theatre in the 80s and 90s and it shows!   hihi

I guess it’s a little broadway-ish but I like it. 
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: