Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:35:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  October 6th, 2023: Indio, CA @ Empire Polo Club (Power Trip)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: October 6th, 2023: Indio, CA @ Empire Polo Club (Power Trip)  (Read 2922 times)
cineater
Legend

« on: October 05, 2023, 09:54:50 PM »

I'm just going to assume this is outdoors.  Hot but dry.  

« Last Edit: October 06, 2023, 09:35:09 PM by cineater » Logged

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
cineater
Legend

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2023, 11:46:00 AM »

Not sure if there is a litho for this but in the meantime:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1710302057486221576

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Muerto
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2023, 01:06:59 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/FernsLife/videos/3566092100304956
Michael
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2023, 04:10:40 AM »

Show just ended

Set list according to setlistfm:

It's So Easy, Bad Obsession, Chinese Democracy, Slither, Pretty Tied Up, Mr. Brownstone, Rumble/Welcome to the Jungle, Hard Skool, Absurd, Double Talkin' Jive, Reckless Life, You Could Be Mine, Estranged, Live and Let Die, Down on the Farm, Rocket Queen, T.V. Eye, Better, Anything Goes, Civil War, Slash Guitar Solo, Sweet Child O'Mine, November Rain, Wichita Lineman, Knockin' on Heaven's Door, Patience, Coma, Nightrain, Paradise City
gnrrock
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2023, 08:57:17 AM »

I can’t imagine seeing GNR and Iron Maiden in one night. Must’ve been a great night.  Here is a great review of the show:  https://www.desertsun.com/story/life/entertainment/music/2023/10/07/power-trip-2023-guns-n-roses-perform-a-phenomenal-set-of-hits-slash-axl-rose-palm-springs-area-show/71081081007/
Muerto
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2023, 10:43:57 AM »

Great show !!!, but between an earthquake that shook this region of MX and my sleep, they prevented me from finishing watching on FB  nervous hihi,
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2023, 11:55:37 AM »

The sound in floor seating where I was absolutely sucked for GNR, maiden sounded perfect but god knows what they were doing with the mix for guns

Couldn’t hear Fortus at all for the first few songs, randomly Slash’s guitar would be twice as loud as anything else, Axl’s vocals were getting buried under the backing vocals

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
Oliver
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2023, 11:59:54 AM »

Iron Maiden’s setlist was weird for a show like that. It would be like GNR not playing Welcome to the Jungle.
DeadHorse
Rocker

Where's my cinder block

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2023, 04:43:07 PM »

Iron Maiden’s setlist was weird for a show like that. It would be like GNR not playing Welcome to the Jungle.

And SCOM, Paradise City.

Maiden played here in Edmonton last weekend and it was the same setlist. Very disappointing.

Books are useless! I only ever read one book, ?To Kill A Mockingbird,? and it gave me absolutely no insight on how to kill mockingbirds.
asdf gunner
Rocker

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2023, 08:22:38 PM »

And SCOM, Paradise City.

Maiden played here in Edmonton last weekend and it was the same setlist. Very disappointing.

Maiden sticks to the sqme setlist through the whole tour (they aleays have), don't know why you expected something different

As for GNR, the show was great, but not hearing Richard during the first hour or so made the songs feel a little empty. Also, Axl was a little low on the mix, so it was difficult to hear him for some parts.

What's so civil about W.A.R anyway?...
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2023, 05:37:05 PM »

This festival was all about the return of AC/DC for me, and our friend Matt Laug (drummer from Slash's Snakepit Mark II) absolutely destroyed out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aW2-LywbyeY

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2023, 04:25:27 AM »

Back home in the UK now, still kinda disappointed with the mix for GnR, but apparently the worst of it was for the floor and the rest of the places you could watch/listen from were a lot better.

Hope a recording of the show comes up so I can hear what it was supposed to sound like

AC/DC were definitely the highlight of the weekend, the smile on Brian's face as he realised he still could perform at a high level was so good to see

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2023, 12:20:12 AM »

I was at the Pit and it sounded fine! What a weekend!!  beer
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: