Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:55:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  October 19th @ Rogers Place in Edmonton, AB
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: October 19th @ Rogers Place in Edmonton, AB  (Read 2411 times)
cineater
Legend

« on: October 18, 2023, 08:13:37 PM »

Indoors, decent day.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2023, 01:36:39 PM by cineater » Logged

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
DeadHorse
Rocker

Where's my cinder block

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2023, 01:45:02 AM »

I wonder if the band have been in Edmonton this entire time or did they fly home for 2 days?

Duff is doing a live Q & A tomorrow morning with Jerry Cantrell so I'm assume they're doing it here in Edmonton. I'm signed up for it I'll let you know how it goes.

Can't wait for tomorrow night, it's going to be my daughter's first concert.

Books are useless! I only ever read one book, ?To Kill A Mockingbird,? and it gave me absolutely no insight on how to kill mockingbirds.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2023, 09:34:42 AM »

GNR was my daughter's first concert too.  We've continued the tradition.  Only once have we seen them in our home town, the rest have been road trips.  Very thankful for the quality time I got to spend with my kid.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2023, 10:29:58 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/100063446216695/videos/3644923655775856
https://www.facebook.com/earljoy.caisip/videos/2053298225026566
https://www.facebook.com/watch/live/?ref=watch_permalink&v=1020134919044091
« Last Edit: October 19, 2023, 10:43:32 PM by cineater » Logged

cineater
Legend

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2023, 11:36:57 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/tania.cmoon/videos/2546346008867997

cineater
Legend

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2023, 12:19:39 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/bebot.barretto.3/videos/1013685279889610
https://www.facebook.com/earljoy.caisip/videos/1373261690255437
« Last Edit: October 20, 2023, 12:23:21 AM by cineater » Logged

cineater
Legend

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2023, 12:29:48 AM »

Maddy, god love them.  Cheesy

cineater
Legend

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2023, 12:35:37 AM »

Don't Cry.  Killing the encore.  Cheesy

cineater
Legend

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2023, 12:42:21 AM »

Was late to the show.  Got a long, ranting phone call so I missed most of the show.   rant  The encore was great though.  GNR don't leave the stage.   crying

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2023, 01:19:44 AM »

Setlist: It’s So Easy, Bad Obsession, Chinese Democracy, Pretty Tied Up, Mr. Brownstone, Slither, Rumble/Welcome To The Jungle, Hard Skool, Perhaps, Reckless Life, Double Talkin’ Jive, You Could Be Mine, Estranged, Live And Let Die, Absurd, Rocket Queen, T.V. Eye, Anything Goes, Down On The Farm, Civil War/(Voodoo Child), Band Introductions, Slash Solo/Sweet Child O’ Mine, November Rain, Wichita Lineman, Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door, Nightrain

Encore: People Get Ready/Madagascar, Don’t Cry, Paradise City

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
cineater
Legend

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2023, 01:57:12 AM »

Okay, Marsha started ranting at Reckless Life and ended during Knocking on Heaven's Door.  How long was that?   hihi  One should silence their phone during a concert even if they are at home.

DeadHorse
Rocker

Where's my cinder block

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2023, 11:14:45 PM »

The concert was pretty good, there where some issues with the soundboard though out the show.

There was absolutely no sound during Richard's Madagascar solo and Dizzy's piano was in and out as well.  There was little said during the show from any of the band members. Axl pointed out somebody's shirt in the pit. It said Eat a Pussy, It's organic. He thought that was funny.

I think that the band should retire a few songs from the setlist. Axl seems to struggle with Hard Skool and Anything Goes. The crowd had no interest in Wichita lineman, they really should retire that song.

On a sad note my daughter didn't enjoy the show. The concert was very loud. We were 4th row on the floor even with her hearing protection it was still too loud. I think it was too much for her to take in, she definitely experienced sensory overload, poor girl.  Piper's almost 8, I thought she would be ready for a concert but she wasn't, lesson learned. So she she just sat her chair and played on my phone. She actually blended in with some other people around us who were on their phones all night  Roll Eyes

Funny how my kids are so different. My son Carrick has been going to shows since he was 5, he loves concerts. Last night was his 4th G n' R show, his 7th time seeing Slash. I think I'll wait a few more years before I take Pipes to another show.

Other than that It was great to see the band one last time this year. Guns played 4 shows in Canada and I got to see 2 of them. Hopefully we get even more new music so they can hit the road again next year.

Books are useless! I only ever read one book, ?To Kill A Mockingbird,? and it gave me absolutely no insight on how to kill mockingbirds.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2023, 01:46:03 AM »

The concert was pretty good, there where some issues with the soundboard though out the show.

There was absolutely no sound during Richard's Madagascar solo and Dizzy's piano was in and out as well.  There was little said during the show from any of the band members. Axl pointed out somebody's shirt in the pit. It said Eat a Pussy, It's organic. He thought that was funny.

I think that the band should retire a few songs from the setlist. Axl seems to struggle with Hard Skool and Anything Goes. The crowd had no interest in Wichita lineman, they really should retire that song.

On a sad note my daughter didn't enjoy the show. The concert was very loud. We were 4th row on the floor even with her hearing protection it was still too loud. I think it was too much for her to take in, she definitely experienced sensory overload, poor girl.  Piper's almost 8, I thought she would be ready for a concert but she wasn't, lesson learned. So she she just sat her chair and played on my phone. She actually blended in with some other people around us who were on their phones all night  Roll Eyes

Funny how my kids are so different. My son Carrick has been going to shows since he was 5, he loves concerts. Last night was his 4th G n' R show, his 7th time seeing Slash. I think I'll wait a few more years before I take Pipes to another show.

Other than that It was great to see the band one last time this year. Guns played 4 shows in Canada and I got to see 2 of them. Hopefully we get even more new music so they can hit the road again next year.

Just wait, she'll drag you to Taylor Swift and you'll be the one with ear protection and playing on your phone.  You owe her.  hihi

DeadHorse
Rocker

Where's my cinder block

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2023, 05:12:09 PM »

Just wait, she'll drag you to Taylor Swift and you'll be the one with ear protection and playing on your phone.  You owe her.  hihi

I already told her that I will get her back lol. I'm going to have to shirt made up saying I rather be at a Guns n' Roses concert when we go to one of her shows.

I'll try again in a few years, hopefully Guns will still tour.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: