Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:47:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GNR Sued
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR Sued  (Read 5771 times)
Axl082002 banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: November 14, 2023, 02:06:11 PM »

https://music.mxdwn.com/2023/11/14/news/guns-n-roses-sued-by-former-photographer-for-alleged-copyright-infringement-accusations-of-sexual-harassment-against-manager/
Oliver
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2023, 03:08:18 PM »

Shocked
Oliver
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2023, 03:16:22 PM »

This article is easier to read:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/guns-n-roses-manager-sued-sexual-harassment-copyright-claims-1234877430/
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2023, 07:23:29 PM »

Pretty shocking actually Undecided

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
AxlHBK
Headliner

Axl Loyalist

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2023, 07:38:20 PM »

If the accusations in the lawsuit are true, that Fernando is a real unprofessional POS.

What a major dark cloud to hover over the band after such a successful tour comes to an end.

-Chinesedemocracy.com Refugee
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2023, 09:01:50 PM »

Abuse of power

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
cineater
Legend

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2023, 09:39:40 PM »

I'm kind of surprised she said Fernando, Richard, okay, but that looked mutual to me.  I mean his mother and sister are around.  Did she talk to either one of them?  The band is managed by a team so how do you get away with taking action against somebody without everybody else wanting to know what's going on?  And she's says Jarmo, another photographer was treated the same way so how's the sexual harassment?

I couldn't read the Rollingstone article.  Did GNR address the sexual harassment allegation?  There's too many women in GNR for Fernando to keep his job if this allegation is true.

The picture part.  We know GNR is possessive of that.  I would guess they have that all tied up and are going to win on that.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2023, 09:46:29 PM by cineater » Logged

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
cineater
Legend

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2023, 10:29:30 PM »

Hold on another story says Jarmo wasn't treated the same way.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2023, 11:28:55 PM »

Pretty shocking actually Undecided

Is it? Fernando was born with a silver spoon in his mouth and never knew the meaning of the word "no".

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
superloconoriega
Big gay Al
Headliner

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2023, 12:50:17 AM »

looks real bad... wonder how Slash and Duff are gonna respond to this
ItsoEezee
Opening Act

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2023, 02:55:12 AM »

Correct.  Per the plaintiff's filing:
"1122. Lebeis’s discriminatory intent- manifested through his habitual
stonewalling of Plaintiff to deny utilization of written contracts and his use of
photo credit as means to sexually extort Plaintiff-is further buttressed by the fact
that another photographer, named Jarmo, a male Finnish photographer who also
worked with GNR/GUNDAM/TEAM BRAZIL was not treated in the same regard
as Benzova and was allowed credit for his photographs."
ItsoEezee
Opening Act

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2023, 02:59:27 AM »

I had not heard this before, so throwing it out there in case others like me had not...
The filing states Guns N' Roses is Duff, Axl and Slash.  I'm a little confused.  I thought Axl owned "Guns N' Roses" pre-reunion.  I assumed--without any logical reason--that once Duff and Slash rejoined, GNR became a band.  Now it makes more sense that a lot of promotional stuff is weirdly just Axl, Duff and Slash--not the whole crew.  In other words, maybe Guns N Roses is not just Axl, but is only the three guys.  Everyone else is hired help indefinitely, like Gilby?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2023, 04:50:16 AM »

Correct.  Per the plaintiff's filing:
"1122. Lebeis’s discriminatory intent- manifested through his habitual
stonewalling of Plaintiff to deny utilization of written contracts and his use of
photo credit as means to sexually extort Plaintiff-is further buttressed by the fact
that another photographer, named Jarmo, a male Finnish photographer who also
worked with GNR/GUNDAM/TEAM BRAZIL was not treated in the same regard
as Benzova and was allowed credit for his photographs."

True. I didn't travel with the band most of the time or stay in their hotels.

Never have I considered myself GN'R's tour photographer either. I took photos for fun.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2023, 05:25:02 AM »

True or not, as usual, all these things comes out after she lost the job. It's all good when you still can milk the cow? It's not that you can't find another job if you don't like the workplace, she could have sued them years ago. This jsut prove once again that money buys everything, even your self esteem
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2023, 06:32:32 AM »

I had not heard this before, so throwing it out there in case others like me had not...
The filing states Guns N' Roses is Duff, Axl and Slash.  I'm a little confused.  I thought Axl owned "Guns N' Roses" pre-reunion.  I assumed--without any logical reason--that once Duff and Slash rejoined, GNR became a band.  Now it makes more sense that a lot of promotional stuff is weirdly just Axl, Duff and Slash--not the whole crew.  In other words, maybe Guns N Roses is not just Axl, but is only the three guys.  Everyone else is hired help indefinitely, like Gilby?

I assume so.  Not all that uncommon with legacy bands with personnel turnover.

I recall the way Don Henley put it when asked why he and Glenn Fry would take the lion's share of both the money and credit for The Eagles success. :

"A band is not a democracy.  More like a sports team.  And not everyone gets to touch the ball all the time."

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2023, 06:37:32 AM »

looks real bad... wonder how Slash and Duff are gonna respond to this

It reads really bad for the band. 

But a lot of filed lawsuits read like that, initially.  The aggrieved party makes it seem like they were treated like total dogshit.  The defendant tends to come back with a version of events where the plaintiff is totally and completely full of crap and lying.

The contract stuff on the photos seems cut and dried.  That's on paper.  The sexual harassment stuff is a bad look in 2023.  It just is.

As to Slash and Duff, I think it all comes down to how they see the Lebeis family.  As a part of the band operation?  Or do they still see them as, "hey Axl, these are YOUR people, not ours."

Just don't know.  Lot of speculation at this point.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2023, 06:53:21 AM »

they'll buy her. and since there's no sexual agression, she'll agree. Axl is very loyal, and it touches what
he considers his family but he's well placed to know what sexual harassment and abuse is.
that's a conscience case. but I don't see him firing Fernando, unless he's forced by the others.
it would be like devastating to his own family relationship, right?

looks very very bad.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Naltav
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2023, 07:08:45 AM »

As I have understood it.

Axl has the legal rights to the name Guns N' Roses. That is why he could continue on with the bandname, without the others.

But when it comes to the "company" Guns N' Roses Inc. Slash and Duff has a share of the "stocks" in that company.

Stavanger-rock-city!!
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2023, 07:17:19 AM »

they'll buy her. and since there's no sexual agression, she'll agree. Axl is very loyal, and it touches what
he considers his family but he's well placed to know what sexual harassment and abuse is.
that's a conscience case. but I don't see him firing Fernando, unless he's forced by the others.
it would be like devastating to his own family relationship, right?

looks very very bad.

I agree  That would be an almost impossible situation to navigate, given the personal history involved.

DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2023, 07:26:01 AM »

OK I just read the whole thing on the Rolling Stone article, there is clearly sexual aggression(s)

it changes everything.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: