Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:47:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Let's get at it, 2024
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Let's get at it, 2024  (Read 2312 times)
cineater
Legend

« Reply #80 on: March 23, 2024, 09:04:37 PM »

OMG!  Does the man even listen to me?  Calls me up and says since I checked his guy out, let's check my guy out.  Third time I've told you this!  And before I called him, I checked him out!  That's what you are suppose to do, not open the door and go with the salesman in front of your face.  And do your own damn research instead going by what I say.  hihi  He's getting screwed on the hail damage for his car, he just doesn't know it yet.  Talks to me like I haven't done this before.  It was 23 years ago but I've been through this. 

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
cineater
Legend

« Reply #81 on: March 24, 2024, 04:36:06 PM »

Oh god damn it.   hihi  Somebody told DJ I was cutting back my smoking.  Must have been Marsha because that's what I told her.  I told Susan not to tell DJ anything.  DJ is like a dog with a bone about smoking.  When she quit years back, the boss told me she was such a bitch he wanted her to start smoking again.  She's one of those I quit so everybody else has too.  And because she knows you smoke, she's always trying to control when you smoke.  But now she will take every opportunity to offer her support only to find out how I'm doing and lecture me.  I don't want her in on my quit.  I want all my energy for myself and not somebody else, she takes a lot of it.   hihi  She badgered her husband until he quit yet I know he sneaks off to enjoy the occasional cigar.  Maybe does other things but I don't want to know about that and I know he doesn't want his wife to know either.  hihi

Had to jump in and cover for another friend who had to have an emergency meeting with the hospice nurse about her mother.  I guess I'm at that age.  DJ's mother is starting to have issues.  She's also 90.  Pretty soon we're all going to be the old one.  You don't think about that when your mother is alive.

I'm holding pretty steady at 5 cigarettes a day.  If I stay busy, I don't think about it and can go quite a while without thinking about it.  I like not having them in my purse and not spending money on them.  I'm not ready for another step.  I'm just working on stabilizing.  I'm comfortable with it.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #82 on: March 25, 2024, 06:55:28 PM »

In the ongoing choose a roofer saga, my daughter tells me, he's got a billboard out on Hwy 70.  Like that tells you if a company is any good.  All that tells me is he has overhead expenses he has to pay for out of what he charges me.   hihi  Go look at who sued him and for what.

You ever wonder what birds do in high winds.  We had them today.  I watched this one robin latch onto the fence and face the oncoming winds.  His little feathers getting all ruffled.  He disappeared after a while but might have got blown off.  What do they do?  Can't take cover in the trees, they were dancing in the winds today.  Imagine that would be like a bird roller coaster ride.  I did see a robin when the rain started coming down under the picnic table but bird on the ground is in the danger zone and he flew out of there.  Freedom of flight comes with its own issues.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #83 on: March 26, 2024, 03:14:37 PM »

My roofer says my roof is totaled.  No surprise there.  Mike decided to go with my roofer.  He will give us the updated shingles at no extra charge, waive my deductible for the Mike referral and be able to do it within 30 days of the insurance paying part of their payment.  Mike went with my guy.  Filed my claim and now it's deal with the insurance.  The few times I've used them in the past they are pretty easy to deal with.

The roofer, Brian, thinks he won't be able to match Mike's siding and the insurance will pay to reside his house.  This may mean my insurance may reside my house so the unit matches.  I don't care if the unit matches but if they want to give me new siding on my side, I'll take it.  The whole area got hit.  My insurance is going up whether I make a claim or not.

Brian told me they usually do two roofs in a day once they get going.  How many people does he have on his crew?  Usually it takes two days to do one roof.  Tear off on day one and roof on two.  He's taking us down to the deck so he has to get a dumpster in here.  Fully expect I'll be finding shingle pieces in my yard for the next 5 years.   hihi  But yea!

The roof makes me happy.  Not badass, radical joy but I'm going to put it on my joy list for the year.  I'm going to lower my standard for joy and go with happy.  I put milkweed and cataract surgery on there too.  Maybe happy can turn into joy over time?  Maybe you only get so much badass, radical joy and you should remember what simply makes you happy.  Don't know but it was damn depressing looking at only two things on my list and it was March!   hihi

cineater
Legend

« Reply #84 on: March 26, 2024, 05:14:39 PM »

Called it, 2 cracked motor mounts.  When you are waiting at the stop light and your engine is running rough but you slip it into neutral and it's purring, probably a motor mount.  You can hear it at lower speeds if you turn the radio down.  Might need to do some of the transmission mounts to.  I just had them check it out while the car was on the rack for an oil change.  Knew she wasn't herself.

The first one, a little bit of egg snot on the side of the bowl.  The second, fucking perfect!  Cheesy
« Last Edit: March 26, 2024, 05:47:00 PM by cineater » Logged

cineater
Legend

« Reply #85 on: March 26, 2024, 10:32:47 PM »

Update on the Pony I ordered.  The last thing I heard on the pony was it was delivered by the post office to some place in Kansas.  I flagged down my postal carrier to see if the post office could track the package with only the international tracking number.  They can but she goes "maybe this is what you are looking for".  Small envelope with something in it.  That can't be right, the pony is a riding toy.  I open it and it's a ring, star with a skull and roses on the sides.  Did not order that.  It's from Kyrgyzstan, formerly Russian territory, south of Russia.  Cleared customs valued at $14, you've got to be kidding.  No weird charges on my credit cards, probably a brushing scam.  No company name on it. 

Okay, I want the pony but I'm done.  I had emailed the company I needed to hear from them on this, no response for the third time so I filed a claim with my credit card for charge reversal.  I have no idea how to save a copy of my emails to my computer and upload it to the claim form.  Nothing I was doing was working.  Hope I get my money back someday but I'd rather have the pony.

Muerto
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #86 on: March 27, 2024, 01:24:14 PM »

I have no idea how to save a copy of my emails to my computer and upload it to the claim form.

If you check your mailbox on a web portal, you can probably print to a PDF file and then attach the file to a new message or to the claim form.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2024, 01:26:03 PM by Muerto » Logged
Muerto
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #87 on: March 27, 2024, 02:00:08 PM »

I'm reading the Barbra Streisand book.  She needed to make a decision between two things and was looking for a sign.   She asked a guy named Brugh Joy (see the word joy there) what she should do.  He told her to ask for the answer in a dream.  She did and got a sign that helped her make a decision.  Give that a try.  I did and I'll tell you more about it after you try.

I couldn't even think about it before going to sleep. However, I leaned towards the option of radiotherapy, I am trying through the public health system and I obtained a surrogate evaluation in a private hospital, 25 sessions of conventional radiotherapy, to be honest I am afraid of the side effects that could cause me in the short term. , or, in the long term, that is why I declined that offer and will continue searching for radiosurgery, which I understand is only one or two sessions with greater focus on the tumor area.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #88 on: March 27, 2024, 05:04:18 PM »

I'm reading the Barbra Streisand book.  She needed to make a decision between two things and was looking for a sign.   She asked a guy named Brugh Joy (see the word joy there) what she should do.  He told her to ask for the answer in a dream.  She did and got a sign that helped her make a decision.  Give that a try.  I did and I'll tell you more about it after you try.

I couldn't even think about it before going to sleep. However, I leaned towards the option of radiotherapy, I am trying through the public health system and I obtained a surrogate evaluation in a private hospital, 25 sessions of conventional radiotherapy, to be honest I am afraid of the side effects that could cause me in the short term. , or, in the long term, that is why I declined that offer and will continue searching for radiosurgery, which I understand is only one or two sessions with greater focus on the tumor area.

Two sounds better than 25.  Can you do both?  Try the surgery and if that doesn't help then the therapy?

cineater
Legend

« Reply #89 on: March 27, 2024, 10:36:02 PM »

Wow, that bridge went down in seconds.  You don't realize how big those cargo ships are when you see pictures of them on the ocean.  Feel sorry for those poor workers, no time to run.  That could have been so much worse if it happen during the middle of the day.

That one doesn't count.  I was protecting my food from the cat and she bumped my hand, hard.  Hit the egg on the side and it almost flew across the bowl to the other side.  Eggshells in the bowl and egg snot on my hand.  Basically a disaster.  The one before that wasn't perfect but good.  I still need practice on one handed egg cracking.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2024, 10:40:40 PM by cineater » Logged

cineater
Legend

« Reply #90 on: March 28, 2024, 11:45:25 PM »

That was quick.  Driving out this morning, they are already replacing roofs.  Passed a couple of trucks coming in with shingles.  The familiar popping of the nail guns.

The company that sold me the pony is all over it now that I told them I turned it over to the credit card company.  They are now checking with the "shipping problem".  Yeah, I think you are a lier.  hihi  Until that pony is sitting at my door, you aren't getting that money.

Speaking of money, I'm pleasantly surprised I paid the majority of the cataract surgery and still have money for burial.  My mother is giving me shit about hanging on too tightly to my money.  I'm the only one of your children that doesn't ask you for money and doesn't take it when it's offered.  You need to stop giving away my inheritance to my siblings!   hihi  I didn't say anything to her.  It's her money to do with as she pleases but you know what I'm thinking.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #91 on: March 29, 2024, 06:06:24 PM »

Gave my grandson pizza for lunch.  I look over and he's giggling and shoving pieces in his mouth.  The baby likes pizza.   hihi

So the cat walks by me and whacks me in the eye with her tail!   hihi
« Last Edit: March 29, 2024, 09:42:18 PM by cineater » Logged

cineater
Legend

« Reply #92 on: March 30, 2024, 09:19:32 AM »

Noticed the neighbor behind me has singles piled up on his roof.  Before the sun even came up this morning they were out there working on it.  This will be the third roof he has had since he moved in a few years ago.  I think this one was two years old.  My insurance denied me all those other times.  Anyway go out there a little before 8 and they are loudly playing lively, hispanic music and rocking through that roof.  Seemed to be having a good time.   hihi

cineater
Legend

« Reply #93 on: April 01, 2024, 09:03:58 PM »

Was watching a show, You Live Where?  Someone turned Howard Hughes Boeing airplane into a houseboat.

https://www.ilovewwiiplanes.com/2020/10/02/plane-boat/

cineater
Legend

« Reply #94 on: April 04, 2024, 03:08:31 PM »

Woke up to such severe light sensitivity I couldn't even turn the lights on in the house.  Had a lengthwise pain through my right eye and the sun hadn't even came up yet!  Ended up wearing my sunglasses in the house just so the daylight wouldn't hurt me.  I thought I had really fucked up.  I had spent some time last night in the plant room.  It's really bright in there with the grow lights.  Turns out I'm suffering from inflammation.  Have to use a drop every two hours for a week.  She said this sometimes happens when you stop the meds.  I had stopped them on Monday.  Thought I had way over did something.

Monday night I was trying to read in also with my sunglasses on.   hihi  The bedside light was too dark and the overhead light was too bright.  I had Sondra look at my overhead last night.  Not just me, she was blinded.  Ended up unscrewing two of the bulbs.  They are the right wattage but a white/blue light that makes it too bright.

My eyes feel better.  Don't have to wear the sunglasses inside.  Not sure what the trainees thought when I showed up for class this morning.  I was thinking the doc might finally give me a pirate patch but no to that.  I have had all these reasons to wear a pirate patch and I don't have one!   hihi

cineater
Legend

« Reply #95 on: April 05, 2024, 12:29:43 AM »

Sondra stopped by and installed my oven hood.  She was over last night, lots of nervous energy, fixing shit around my house.  She has a scan for cancer coming up Thursday.  When I don't feel good, I just want to be left alone and have some peace and quiet.  I wasn't feeling good. hihi  I'm trying to hide from folks but it's not working.  And for different reasons I've been having to get up at 7 everyday.  I think I finally get to sleep till I wake up next Tuesday.  Naps are totally out of the question.  What has happen to my life?  hihi

cineater
Legend

« Reply #96 on: April 05, 2024, 10:02:31 PM »

Oh god damn it mom.  Too long of a story to go into but people keep bailing him out and he continues to be a fuck up.  I totally lost my shit with the whole family the last time she did this.  Not that they didn't agree with me but I freaked them out.   hihi  So I again tell mom she is not helping him and only encouraging his poor choices.  He's 27, time to man up.  Anyway mom goes to the restroom.  My sister tells me she was surprised mom told me.  I'm thinking you were there for the phone call, you wrote out the check for her and drove her to the post office to mail it!  You're both enablers.   hihi 

Anyway, the new family safety word so you don't get ripped off by scam artists is, not another fucking dime Will!

I made them repeat it.   hihi

Wow, earthquake in NY.  I didn't even know they had those.  And a big one in Taiwan.  It can all change in a few seconds.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #97 on: April 06, 2024, 03:46:15 PM »

The insurance adjuster said I get a new roof and gutters.  Two sections of my siding got hit but I don't have "color match" on the insurance so they wouldn't do the whole house.  Small holes so I could just caulk them but it's going to depend on what Mike does.  Not sure if I could afford to pay what the insurance doesn't on residing the house.  The siding is in good shape but the trim has faded and a change in color wouldn't be a bad thing.

Sondra had a good suggestion, just replace the trim.  Kind of like that idea.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2024, 07:23:01 PM by cineater » Logged

cineater
Legend

« Reply #98 on: April 07, 2024, 12:09:01 AM »

The insurance company already settled up.  The roof is 9500.  23 years ago it cost them 2900.  They are still way ahead with 28 years of premiums.  My adjuster told me if I add on color match be sure to not let them convert it into a new policy as I have a premium policy they don't write any more.  I'm feeling pretty good about the whole thing.  As long as my roofer doesn't fall off somebody else's roof after he's got the money, it will be okay.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #99 on: April 08, 2024, 10:36:15 PM »

This is so weird.  I'm watching a show on selling the Lake of the Ozarks.  It's a resort area I'm familiar with.  My family use to vacation there and I married a local.  His parents owned a resort there.  I keep waiting for his parents' house to show up or some other house I know.  Strange how they talk about the area.  It's Missouri, we're not up and coming.  No where anybody, who's somebody lives and we like it that way.

We only had 95% on the eclipse, more like dusk.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: