Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 26, 2024, 08:30:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228233 Posts in 43268 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Let's get at it, 2024
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Let's get at it, 2024  (Read 9549 times)
cineater
Legend

« Reply #180 on: July 15, 2024, 07:46:15 PM »

Good news there, my SIL does not need her arteries cleaned out.  But where did that blood clot come from?

They kind of just want us to go away.   hihi  Don't want to downsize the house or look into the trust.  It's a lot to tackle at one time.  My brother fell again at home.  He may still be headed to a nursing home.  Whole new picture if that happens.  I'm willing to let the chips fall where they may until the situation stabilizes.  There's still some stuff I'm working on.  And that was the short, wrap up of all the shit I've been doing.

Worried about my mom.  She's been looking fragile the last couple of months.  Extreme heat is not good for really old people.  I am sending her Sees Candy all the way from California for her birthday.   Cheesy

Working at the horder house tomorrow.  All these dirty houses full of stuff makes me crazy!  No wonder I'm feeling overwhelmed.  The hoarder house, not my problem but she asked me to help on the final push before she calls the junk people.  I can tell you I'm getting traumatize by that house.  Not so much by the condition of the house but that I can't clean it to my satisfaction.  Just get the fuck out of my way.   hihi

Sadly, we start work on my friend's Life Celebration Friday.  I'm not ready for that but I guess it's better to get on with it.

Good news, I did get the Kindle working.  Easy stuff once somebody who has one showed me how to do it.  Should have started there but I venture off on my own with someone who didn't know what she was doing either.   hihi

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
cineater
Legend

« Reply #181 on: July 16, 2024, 06:13:02 PM »

Took us 6 hours to fill up the dumpster and clean out the first level of that home.  I did grab a car full of stuff for the garden.  And two sewing machines.  I met a woman a while back who takes the machines and fixes them up to send to women in poorer countries.  She was happy when I called to tell her what I scored.  Tomorrow we work on the lower level just to look through it before she has the junk people come to haul it out.  Get that shit out of there, the house is not in that bad of shape.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #182 on: July 17, 2024, 10:51:44 PM »

I am done working at the hoarder house.  And if I wasn't traumatized enough by all these dirty, jam packed houses, my sister casually says, I told mom we should sell this house and move to a smaller place.   hihi  God, where did all this shit come from?  Some of it is 2 or 3 generations back.  And it's not even used, just sits there collecting dust or in a box.  I didn't have a new couch or kitchen table until I was 40 because of all the family hand me downs.  On a brighter note, Susan is holding onto dumping the hoarder house and buying herself a new place.  We are going to open houses this weekend.

I gave up quitting smoking.  I could not make it through the brain fog and depression.  It's nice to have my brain back.  I miss not smoking so I may try again at another time.

I did hit up Amazon prime day.  Have a couple of birthdays coming up.  I'm giving shit to other people.   rofl

cineater
Legend

« Reply #183 on: July 18, 2024, 11:23:35 AM »

Oh that's cool.  I have a friend who works in the park system in St Louis.  She is sending a picture I sent her of some really old toys to the curator of their 1800's historic homes to see if they are from that time period and if they would want them.  Could be late 1800 but I'm thinking more in the 1920's and 30's.  If they don't want them, maybe they can connect me up to another place that takes historic stuff.

I know somewhere in that hoarder garage is a collection of steam engine toys.  I really want to get my hands on those.  I think they are cool.  Love little shit that does something.   hihi  But that garage is packed and I would have to be standing there as they are trying to pitch those boxes and hope the box was labeled.  This guy collected all kinds of shit and I think she throwing away the most valuable stuff in that house by not going threw it.  She's afraid of bugs and doesn't want to touch it.  I will tell you, the only thing my friend see having any value is the tubs all this shit was stored in.  They have stacks and stacks of tubs.  My friend keeps trying to give me tubs.  Wants to empty them and give away the tubs.   hihi

Update:  These are (tin) penny toys made in Germany 1885 -1914.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2024, 01:39:14 PM by cineater » Logged

cineater
Legend

« Reply #184 on: July 18, 2024, 05:10:36 PM »

Woohoo!   Cheesy  The parks department is gitty about getting the penny toys.  Ever in St Louis, they will be at the park with the Butterfly House back in the historical homes.  I also have a couple of mechanical type toys I couldn't identify.  Weird but cool.  Asking them if they want those too.  Bet they take them.  The sewing machines are on their way.  The one was pretty much your standard machine but the other does tricks for crafting.  She was pretty happy too.  Junk to some and a treasure to others.  To me it's still good stuff, I just need to find it a home and get it off my hands.

Update:  The parks department wants the mechanical toys.  So glad they are going to an institution and not into private hands.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2024, 06:19:44 PM by cineater » Logged

cineater
Legend

« Reply #185 on: July 19, 2024, 04:35:13 PM »

Susan was selling some of the old gold and silver and it turns out the guy buys hoarder houses with everything in it.  He will go through all the boxes in the garage.  He's coming to take a look next week and hopefully make her an offer next week.  She could just be picking up her cat and walking out.   Cheesy

I missed the whole Microsoft world wide outage.  The blue screen of death.  So that's what it looks like at the end of the internet.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #186 on: July 20, 2024, 12:16:38 AM »

Weird shit happens when I write stories on the computer.  I need to write about where I'm at in the story.  I'm in an unattended graveyard.  I need to get my ass out of there or maybe stay and deal with it.  I have no control over the story.  It comes out when I type.  Tonight I wanted to see what was going on.  The place where I have it online has been fucking up.  I was going to copy it and work on it elsewhere but when I got there, the site froze up with a message saying wait or exit.  I hit the wait button several times hoping it would work.  Finally decided the message is wait.  Not the time to pick up the story. 

But I want to!  I look at the story and hear a man telling me I look like a woman who needs to dance.  I so need to!  Who is that talking?  I thought I was alone and going to stay in the graveyard, fix it up.  Is somebody going to take me out of there or just talk me through it?

I can sometimes pick up the story when I garden but my Saturday is packed.  Leaves it until Sunday when I can do that, maybe.  But the message is wait.  Probably shouldn't try to force it.  Who is that talking to me from the woods?  I'm intrigued.  And as I end this, Shake It Up, randomly comes on youtube.  Told ya, weird shit.   hihi

cineater
Legend

« Reply #187 on: July 23, 2024, 05:04:12 PM »

Susan is looking at a house close to me.  It's perfect.  She could be selling tonight and buying tomorrow.  Fingers crossed, this woman so needs a break.

Update:  He's interested but wants to come back and look in the garage.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2024, 10:09:34 PM by cineater » Logged

cineater
Legend

« Reply #188 on: July 24, 2024, 08:31:10 PM »

My ass is dragging, still!  One of those days I just need a greasy, soft taco.  Hit Taco Bell, ordered 10 of them.  hihi  Figured Sandy need some too and invited her over.  She's all jumpy waiting on her blood work to see if the cancer came back.  And of course the results pop up while she's here.  Whew, it was all good.  She doesn't know how to feel.  Another test in 6 months.  Says celebrate today but it's still a waiting game.

The seat belt clamp broke in Susan's car today.   hihi  I swear the universe just loves annoying the crap out of that girl.  Her car is a 2002.  She needs a new car along with a new house and furniture.  It's going to be a whole new world for her this coming year.  The flipper is coming back tonight.  He must really be interested and jumping on it.  There goes the steam powered steam engines I wanted.  Not really upset about that.  I'm still traumatized from all those filthy, jammed packed houses I have been in lately.   hihi  I may never get over it!

cineater
Legend

« Reply #189 on: Yesterday at 06:42:11 PM »

Such a peacock.  Motorcycle passes me.  No helmet, wearing shorts and a sleeveless, really white t-shirt.  Yeah he dressed to ride and show off.  Cuts over 3 lanes to make his exit.  Amateur. 

I'm thinking so not one of my characters.  In the past it was but he had just jumped on that motorcycle because he needed to get somewhere quick.  First available ride.  But as I think it could have been one of my characters, there they are in my rear view, keeping pace with me.  Two sleek, distance bikes.  Helmets on and fully clothed, already in their lane and heading west, about their business.  They'll make Oklahoma by the time I come back through.  The other guy is getting off the highway in a couple of exits, probably to be seen some where.  hihi

Always a surprise when my characters intrude on my thoughts.  I was headed to mom's for her birthday.  91 today.  Took her by physical therapy.  First time I've been in one of those places.  It's like a modified gym.  Equipment I've all used before.  Not sure what I was expecting but that wasn't it.  Did get the urge to get on those machines and take those out.  I can so be part of the machinery.   Cheesy

cineater
Legend

« Reply #190 on: Yesterday at 10:19:46 PM »

I think tacos are probably your perfect meal.  You've got your veggies, proteins, grains and milk group.

Took mom to Outback for her birthday.  Alice Springs chicken  ok  Man is she in a mood.  Tired of living, just wants to sit at home.  Worried she can't sleep at night and that she is going to fall.  Wasn't really a great time.

I'm going to attempt to take two cats to the vet at one time on Tuesday.  This is going to be interesting not to mention quit a feat.  hihi

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: