Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:12:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Singers who can't sing
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Singers who can't sing  (Read 29413 times)
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2004, 02:32:26 AM »

everyrap artist around,
who gotta use back up singers on chorus's Angry

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
cryingrose
Opening Act

I'm a GNR Addict!!!

« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2004, 06:26:30 AM »

Hey !!!!
In my opinion, the worst singer is... Britney Spears, she always? makes playback on her shows hihi, she just moves her tits and ass and the most people like that. just a poor bitch, but thats what sells.... Heil Janis beer

Have a nice day ok
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #62 on: September 01, 2004, 04:13:50 PM »

I love Pink Floyd but Roger Waters has a pretty brutal voice at times.
I think that's because he's tone deaf

That would make sense because I know he can't even tune his bass.
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #63 on: September 01, 2004, 04:26:19 PM »

some people say axl cant sing and that his voice is horrible and it pisses me off. He is a great singer, he just has an incredible range and has different voices(i.e. mr. brownstone and its so easy compared to sweet child of mine). Can everyone agree that axl is a fantastic singer?  I remember reading an interview with axl and axl specifically said that he wanted his voice to sound rough for November Rain. My friend is in a band  and likes GnR but says axl has a terrible voice and it pisses me off.

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #64 on: September 01, 2004, 08:10:53 PM »

Ozzy Osbourne. He sounds like an old witch. hihi

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #65 on: September 01, 2004, 09:11:46 PM »

Billie Corgan hate his voice but has a excellent songs, so ironic isn't it?  Roll Eyes

No man can be my equal
Jaded
Rocker

Going 'straight' will get you nowhere

« Reply #66 on: September 02, 2004, 12:22:47 PM »

some people say axl cant sing and that his voice is horrible and it pisses me off. He is a great singer, he just has an incredible range and has different voices(i.e. mr. brownstone and its so easy compared to sweet child of mine). Can everyone agree that axl is a fantastic singer?? I remember reading an interview with axl and axl specifically said that he wanted his voice to sound rough for November Rain. My friend is in a band? and likes GnR but says axl has a terrible voice and it pisses me off.

yeah axl's voice is great  Wink

It's evolution, baby!
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #67 on: September 04, 2004, 10:06:37 PM »

Lemmy from Motorhead!!!!

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

« Reply #68 on: September 05, 2004, 01:38:48 AM »

some people say axl cant sing and that his voice is horrible and it pisses me off. He is a great singer, he just has an incredible range and has different voices(i.e. mr. brownstone and its so easy compared to sweet child of mine). Can everyone agree that axl is a fantastic singer?  I remember reading an interview with axl and axl specifically said that he wanted his voice to sound rough for November Rain. My friend is in a band  and likes GnR but says axl has a terrible voice and it pisses me off.
Anyone who says Axl can't sing are off their rockers! When someone greatly respected like Gloria Bennett says Axl had one of the most beautiful voices she's ever heard you know it has to be true.

Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

Some people just don't know how to ride a bike

« Reply #69 on: September 05, 2004, 04:03:24 AM »

i have a lot of friends that only like rap n rnb and think all rock singers can't sing.

people like steven tyler, robert plant and axl rose are all just screamers to them. they say they're not singing they're shouting.  Roll Eyes in november rain and knockin on heavens door they make fun of his sort of nasal voice or whateva (heeey heeeeeey heeeeeeeeey o yeah in khod and in Nr certain parts).

i cant convince them otherwise. to me it's singers like axl rose and steven tyler bon scott etc that are the greatest singers, you don't hear voices like that anymore, they're out there somewhere though.

the thing with rnb voices, i don't know they're not particularly unique if you get what i mean. ok you can tell the difference between usher and justin timberlake, but i dunno they just don't do it for me. they're nothing special. arethra franklin, now thats a kickass rnb voice.

i hope not to sound offensive, but most african-american people have a natural talent for singing, like they're born being able to sing in tune etc. its like its nothing special to me. although i love living colour(probably because the guy sings in a rock voice).  a rock n roll voice is unique and special and don't come around very often, something about it i just love.

the male singer from young heart attack is doin a pretty good job on the rock n roll voice though.
jet
« Reply #70 on: September 05, 2004, 07:47:40 AM »

I vote for Dave Mustaine . Well, must admit that some songs of Megadeth sound very cool, but anyways
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

« Reply #71 on: September 05, 2004, 02:39:54 PM »

i have a lot of friends that only like rap n rnb and think all rock singers can't sing.

people like steven tyler, robert plant and axl rose are all just screamers to them. they say they're not singing they're shouting.  Roll Eyes in november rain and knockin on heavens door they make fun of his sort of nasal voice or whateva (heeey heeeeeey heeeeeeeeey o yeah in khod and in Nr certain parts).

i cant convince them otherwise. to me it's singers like axl rose and steven tyler bon scott etc that are the greatest singers, you don't hear voices like that anymore, they're out there somewhere though.

the thing with rnb voices, i don't know they're not particularly unique if you get what i mean. ok you can tell the difference between usher and justin timberlake, but i dunno they just don't do it for me. they're nothing special. arethra franklin, now thats a kickass rnb voice.

i hope not to sound offensive, but most african-american people have a natural talent for singing, like they're born being able to sing in tune etc. its like its nothing special to me. although i love living colour(probably because the guy sings in a rock voice).  a rock n roll voice is unique and special and don't come around very often, something about it i just love.

the male singer from young heart attack is doin a pretty good job on the rock n roll voice though.
Isn't stereotyping fun? Not all black people can sing.  The ones that can sing all sound the same!

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #72 on: September 05, 2004, 03:46:44 PM »

I vote for Dave Mustaine . Well, must admit that some songs of Megadeth sound very cool, but anyways

I second that - the guy is awful! Why he can't stick to guitar which is his talent anyway and let someone else do the vocals....and lyrics, cos Mustaine's lyrics are somehwere between laughable and horrifying.

Billy Corgan has the most bizarre voice - its really poor - yet works so well with the songs that it sounds good..... Huh

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Deborah Mel
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #73 on: September 05, 2004, 09:42:12 PM »

Just thinking... can Slash sing?
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

« Reply #74 on: September 05, 2004, 10:55:10 PM »

ya i dled some footage of him singin with steven tyler....i lost it though when my comp broke though......

Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

Some people just don't know how to ride a bike

« Reply #75 on: September 05, 2004, 11:00:31 PM »

Isn't stereotyping fun? Not all black people can sing.  The ones that can sing all sound the same!

i knew this would happen. thats right not all black people can sing. i said most. And i didnt say they sound the same(rnb singers), i said i just don't think they're special because there are so many people that can sing like that (whether black white purple or fuckin rainbow coloured). sorry if i've offended people on this board but i stand by what i said.

true rock n roll voices come once every blue moon, and there hasnt been a blue moon in a while. no
GnFnRs2016
Mr. Brownstone
Rocker

The best thing that you never had

« Reply #76 on: September 05, 2004, 11:45:40 PM »

Fuckin Eminem  no  I hate his voice.......

And...... Steven Tyler................nahh, j/ik  hihi  have you seen his Unplugged version of "Dream On"?? That man rocks!
 smoking

And I think that Courtney Love takes the place along with Fred Durst
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

« Reply #77 on: September 05, 2004, 11:57:06 PM »

All of Aerosmith rocks

cryingrose
Opening Act

I'm a GNR Addict!!!

« Reply #78 on: September 07, 2004, 06:52:31 AM »

some people say axl cant sing and that his voice is horrible and it pisses me off. He is a great singer, he just has an incredible range and has different voices(i.e. mr. brownstone and its so easy compared to sweet child of mine). Can everyone agree that axl is a fantastic singer?? I remember reading an interview with axl and axl specifically said that he wanted his voice to sound rough for November Rain. My friend is in a band? and likes GnR but says axl has a terrible voice and it pisses me off.

Hey! I agrre 1000% with you. Axl WAS, Is and WILL Be the greatest rock artist the World has ever seen!!!!!!!! yes
 the world needs Axl,? it?s getting time that some people get a LOT of KICK ASS rofl
 Stay Tuned
Metallifuck
Rocker

R.I.P. Dimebag 1966-2004

« Reply #79 on: September 07, 2004, 03:36:42 PM »

Kurt Cobain couldn't sing, he just droned-on like a dog. He is so overated. Nirvana were pure garbage, it's unbelievable. I don't understand why people like him when he slagged off some decent bands.

Bow to the Tempo of the Damned!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: