Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 04:28:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228059 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Why I Voted That Way in the Poll thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why I Voted That Way in the Poll thread  (Read 15066 times)
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2004, 05:38:41 AM »

For some reason GNR has never made me want to pick up an instrument.. actually the only band that's made me go "oh my god this stuff is so incredible I must learn to play this" is Opeth.

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2005, 09:53:05 AM »

the thing that upset me most in 2004 was the Slash and Duff's lawsuit against Axl...
so I voted 'other'

along with thier low down dirty criminal accusations of Axl they have taken every opportunity to talk shit about Axl - such as:

Duff discrediting Axl's contribution to GN'R - not once, not twice, but on THREE seperate occasions
1)  "We wrote the music without Axl"
2) "Axl never wrote any of the music" - followed by a weak retraction with a comment that Axl wrote My World  Roll Eyes
3) "The band wrote the music... Axl just came in at the end"

Sash's continued talking shit about Axl while feebly attempting to maintain the charade that he doesn't have any hard feelings...

Very dissapointing  no
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2005, 07:08:08 AM »

Who's seen GNR more than 10 times???

Damn I want to know.

Good poll this week Jarmo!
Dust N Rose
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2005, 07:44:00 PM »

For some reason GNR has never made me want to pick up an instrument.. actually the only band that's made me go "oh my god this stuff is so incredible I must learn to play this" is Opeth.

Together with Nirvana (unplugged in NY and Lies) they were the reason I started playing acoustic guitar.
Queen of Everything
Slash is Orgasmic (This title has been bumped by the poster)
Legend

Slash Can Ride....... Me!

« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2005, 03:13:47 AM »

I dont listen to ANY band everyday. ?It would ruin the music.

Nice work and I agree - When i hear a new song that i really love - all I want to do is play it and play it and play it but after a few days it gets old and I never want to hear it agian - So I just save myself and don't put it on Replay, listen to some other bands and flip through different songs!!  ok

Formerly "Drama_qween"... but still as cool. Smiley
www.myspace.com/jessheartsmusic
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2005, 11:20:07 PM »

Duff discrediting Axl's contribution to GN'R - not once, not twice, but on THREE seperate occasions
1)? "We wrote the music without Axl"
2) "Axl never wrote any of the music" - followed by a weak retraction with a comment that Axl wrote My World? Roll Eyes

Ummm......Actually that's pretty much true.  You don't bring a singer in until you've got some music for him to listen to.  Then he comes up with vocal lines and what have you.
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2005, 05:35:20 AM »

i voted the 02' Knockin' version in this weeks poll, the 02' version lacked at first but then i checked it after afew days n' its tied with the Illusion verion 36% Shocked

Love 02; version drool drool  gives mee goosbumps smoking

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2005, 05:49:08 PM »

You're forgetting the part where the new stuff can't hold a candle to the old stuff.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2006, 08:14:23 PM »

I voted "NO" in the "Do you think Chinese Democracy is coming this spring like Slash said?" poll because I think that Slash knows as much about when CD is coming out as .... as ... as I do!!! ... which is absolutely ZERO!!!

I'm NOT saying that CD won't be out soon.? All I'm saying is that me and Slash have no "inside info".? no

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2006, 07:21:49 PM »

I voted "NO" in the "Are you planning on attending any of GN'R's European summer shows?" poll because (1) I can't afford it and (2) I'm afraid of flying.? Cry

I hope Axl will take into consideration the other 99% of us GNR fans who for whatever reasons can't go to these shows and maybe release a single or two or maybe even release all the CD songs that they'll be performing live.? yes

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2006, 07:36:06 PM »

the thing that upset me most in 2004 was the Slash and Duff's lawsuit against Axl...
so I voted 'other'

along with thier low down dirty criminal accusations of Axl they have taken every opportunity to talk shit about Axl - such as:

1)? "We wrote the music without Axl"
2) "Axl never wrote any of the music" - followed by a weak retraction with a comment that Axl wrote My World? Roll Eyes

Sash's continued talking shit about Axl while feebly attempting to maintain the charade that he doesn't have any hard feelings...

Very dissapointing? no

You could do two things:

-realize that Axl and the band were seperated at UYI times, he wrote lyrics but the band did technically write most of the music without his direct influence with exception to him saying the styles he wanted.

-Notice that Slash speaks very positively about Axl many times. He is excited about the new material, and watch the Behind the Music, he never directly slams Axl. Slash has been very fair and will tell you he doesn't hate Axl at all.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
NorthwindNS
Headliner

I don't need your civil war.

« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2006, 10:48:34 PM »

If they start touring before the album comes out they do not have enough material to play. And HOW can you go to a GNR concert without at least hearing WTTJ and SCOM... at least! I would like to see them play a set list somewhat like this.

1. Intro
2. Welcome to the Jungle
3. The Blues
4. I.R.S
5. Better
6. Civil War (Fits in w/ whats going on in the world today)
7. Catcher In The Rye
8. Sweet Child of Mine
9. Chinese Democracy
10. Madagascar
11. There Was A Time
12. Riyadh And The Bedouins
13. Estranged

Something like that would be cool. But I don't think they will play shows without playing new material. I would love to hear Civil War by the new band.

Just my opinion.

NorthwindNS

An "It's so easy" to be social
"It's so easy" to be cool
Yeah it's easy to be hungry
When you ain't got shit to lose
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2006, 11:42:32 AM »

ill make my opinion clear lol!!!the old songs belong in the past, with the old band!!the old stuff is played diffrentley anyway, which IMO isnt as good!!id say leave the old stuff and let it be what it is, great 80's erly 90's pure rock music!!!and for gods sake axl, drop the guns name, it aint guns anymore its axl and friends

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2006, 06:56:45 AM »

I can't stand people who sing along! I can't.
I tried, but I really can't.

I'll download it !
Bono
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2006, 08:30:20 AM »

I feel the same way. ?The song is the perfect conclusion for the old band. ?But the new band needs to play their own songs.

Yup. Personally I think PC is played out a as show closer. Problem is I don't think Gn'R have ever written a good closer for  cncerts. Even Paradise City isn't that great to close shows in my opinion but it is the best one they've got. Too bad it's been done to death.
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2006, 08:44:38 AM »

I feel the same way. ?The song is the perfect conclusion for the old band. ?But the new band needs to play their own songs.

Yup. Personally I think PC is played out a as show closer. Problem is I don't think Gn'R have ever written a good closer for? cncerts. Even Paradise City isn't that great to close shows in my opinion but it is the best one they've got. Too bad it's been done to death.

I don't know how you define a good show closer but Paradise City is the best show closeer ever written by any band. Check out the Tokyo DVD's. It saved that gig. It's only done to death if you've been to more than a few GNR gigs or if you collect bootlegs, which most fans don't.

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2006, 10:25:13 PM »

old band, new band doesnt matter, paradise city is the only way to end a show...
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2006, 12:18:12 AM »

Only 3% of the people who have voted think that GNR will play new tracks this NA Tour!?  confused

Then again.. I guess... if you base the future off the past... it DOES make sense  hihi.

Personally I voted yes. The band themselves said that new songs were going to be worked into the set.

gnrevolution.com
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2006, 01:13:22 AM »

I voted NO.  I don't like all these dates being shuffled around and with no news on a single or the album.
BangoSkank
Rocker

"i'm gonna put my evil inside you!"

« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2006, 10:45:52 PM »

nobody's posted in this thread for a while, but i HAVE to know... who the hell actually picked bumblefoot joining the band as the highlight of 06  over the tour or hell even the new songs... dude and the release date!

he's awesome and all but damn... think of all the other shit that happened too.

who will be the last to die for a mistake?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: