Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 07:59:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Nice Boys Don't Play Rock And Roll
| | |-+  D
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: D  (Read 53836 times)
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2004, 12:25:19 PM »

how about :
Dirty D Does 'Dis! (rock)

and the cover art is a big D with a little 4 in the corner....  nah.... thats too lame :p

:ok:  

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

Everything Louder Than Everything Else

« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2004, 06:47:51 PM »

the cd should be finished by the fall, unfortunatley i dont have a record deal but im gonna work my ass off and try to get one, im doing a forestry job right now fighting forest fires it only lasts till april 30th and it will give me a shit load of money to live on while i finish the cd

i will ship the cd anywhere, no ideas i thought of just callin it play ole self titled "D" but if anyone has any cool suggestions let me know and i might change my mind, i thought of calling it "altaration" or "lifetime of misery" but im open to suggestions more than likely i was goin with the common self titled, but if a cool name pops out id definitely consider goin with it

i have some songs on here that no one has heard yet im really excited about, i hope to have that scsi cable and i hope to be able to let u guys hear more songs in the very near future

website everything im gonna work on this summer and hopefully by the end of the year ill have things rolling

i will need help guys and if something works out ill remember u guys and help out in anyway possible
Cool dude.  Hurry up and post some more stuff!

With regards to an album title, i'd make a suggestion, but I've only heard 2 of the songs so I couldn't really give you something that would reflect on the feeling of the album, which I think it should.  It should capture the whole vibe of the record and the songs.

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2004, 11:56:55 PM »

ive now i think decided to do a 2cd set as my debut cd

i cant think of anyone who has ever done it so im gonna be the first

i have 32 songs that im so close to emotionally and its like i need to release all of them

in order to evolve as a musican and a human being i need to clean these songs out and put them out there, so ive decided to have a double cd with 16 songs on each i figure whynot, its a cd if someone doesnt like a song they can easily skip it

my scsi cable should be here may 1st and ill be able to post more stuff

also does anyone think tracklisting is important in the order?

here is the tracklisting for both cds, im typin it here in case i lose or the original i have it wrote down on gets thrown away

cd 1

1.welcome to reality     big gun
2.if you were a tear    big gun
3.i wish you knew      big gun
4.love is war          big gun
5.Sarah
6.life's too short
7.losin u is killin me
8.despair
9.walkin dead     big gun
10.driftaway
11.love is misery
12.betrayed
13.i miss you
14.forever damned
15.cyrstin and destiny
16. scarlett    big gun

cd 2

1.death of me     big gun
2.one foot in the grave
3.altaration      big gun
4.someday     big gun
5. you mean the world to me  big gun
6. we are make believe
7.valentine
8.please dont go  first song ever wrote
9. you and me
10. prettier than heaven
11. if i was a fighter
12. lifetime of misery  big gun
13. end of you
14. unforgivable
15. U R              big gun
16. death parade

tracklist are subject to change i may not put big guns in a row, i may put a big gun then 2 non big guns etc to balance out the cd, how does everyone think uj should go about doing a tracklisting?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pviljoen
VIP

Slash is saucy.

« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2004, 03:25:46 PM »

I think it would be better to release one album with the big guns, then try to release a whole bunch of stuff at one time.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2004, 04:43:38 PM »

yeah u are right, it just sucks to have so many songs u are close to and not wanting to let them go, but im gonna just have to suck it up put the best 14 to 16 and just let it be

i got that SCSI cable on the way so i should be putting some new stuff up for u guys to listen to very soon!

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2004, 02:03:38 AM »

ive started doing internet concerts over yahoo

its pretty cool, i do acoustic stuff, and i can invite people to a voice conference and let em all hear, its wild, i did one last night and im gonna do one tonight

if anyone ever wants to try and catch one add me to yahoo messenger

donnie40831@yahoo.com or msn messenger rainbowchildren23@hotmail.com

i set different times and play come in when u want, leave when u want everyone welcome

only gnr tune i do is patience but i do black by pearl jam and do originals

anyone interested in hearin something let me know!

journey
« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2004, 02:41:13 AM »

D played a concert for me a couple days ago, and it was really cool. He's got some great songs.  
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2004, 03:53:47 PM »

really great D!  ok

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Pviljoen
VIP

Slash is saucy.

« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2004, 05:50:06 PM »

Well Donnie you have some good songwritting there but I'll be frank with you because I think that's what you deserve (out of respect).

Find some musicians who you trust to do this with you. I don't really know how your voice has changed since you recorded this, but from what I heard you struggle almost every bar with pitch and in the slightly higher range your voice strains A LOT and you lose any sort of tone that you once had. I'd recommend experimenting with really opening up your chest and maybe add a touch of vibrato.

The guitar tone is not my favourite, although the lead line is alright. The keyboard has to go for sure... if you want an extra chordal backbone I'd do it with a piano and possibly a string arrangement.

I could definately do something with these songs, I would approach them differently. You just need help with your execution... good song writting alone will not really get you a deal.

Post more because I'm interested in your music, and I wish I didnt live as far as I did from you because as a musician myself I think there could be a big impact made on the sound of your music and my understanding of songwriting.  Like I said... just get with some musicians that you admire and trust so that they can help you out. I think you're trying to do too much yourself and the music is suffering.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2004, 05:52:10 PM by Pviljoen » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2004, 06:53:20 PM »

those are demos and yes my voice is way better than all the demos

guitar tone im takin care of i ordered some better equipment

the rest boils down to personal taste i suppose

for every one person who doesnt like the keyboard for instance i have 5 that love it

for every one person that doesnt like my voice i have 5 that do

for every one that thinks i do to much myself i have 5 that think im a genius

so i totally respect your critique but quite frankly if i tried to make an album using everyones critiques it would be a cluster fuck of an album

i dont personally make songs for commercial appeal or to be accepted by the masses, i make songs cause they help me battle the demons and if other people dig them i am grateful if they dont it doesnt bother me at all

its impossible to create a piece of work that everyone digs
i found out a long time ago to please yourself and not everyone else cause i got to thinking, there are people who think prince suck, there are people who dont like guns n roses

what if axl listened to people that told to cut november rain down to 5 minutes instead of 8? u know

so thanks for listening and the honesty, but i only know how to do stuff the way i hear it in my head and if people like it great, if they dont thats their opinion

Pviljoen
VIP

Slash is saucy.

« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2004, 07:31:27 PM »

I wasn't proposing that you try and make your shit more commercially appealing... hell my primary background in music is classical, so commercial appeal means little to me.

What I mean is, if you got with some musicians they might help you say what you want to say in a way you might find more pleasing. I'm positive that in 5 minutes a good musician could take what you've done and with a stupidly simple change could make it sound a lot better.

I'm just saying this because you previously communicated that you are relatively isolationist about your approach. That's just why I recommended that you seek some help... everyone gets help... all the greats. It's almost impossible to create a masterpiece on your own.. or even at the very least, to have your work reach its full potential.

Axl needed the other members of GNR to make songs like November Rain and Estranged memorable... just like any prolific songwriter. Bono needs Edge, and vise versa.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2004, 07:34:49 PM by Pviljoen » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2004, 08:39:08 PM »

my SCSI CABLE HAS ARRIVED!!!!!!!!

NEW SONG "DEATH OF ME" NOW AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD!!!!!!!!!

im mastering some songs as we speak ill have some new ones up shortly

death of me is as bout as schizophrenic as i get, well except for "Walking Dead"

but this song is called "Death of Me" and its like my OH My God or what have u experimental type song

its a love song to the extremes! cant wait till u all hear it

, so listen, enjoy, and please leave some comments

the song isnt meant to be commercial in anyway, i was in a psychotic rage of a mood and i cut loose vocally, so hope u all like it!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2004, 11:16:10 PM by D » Logged

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2004, 08:44:36 PM »

Death of Me lyrics

i sing it kind of crazy so they are somewhat hard to understand

use to be so happy, use to be so feeled with life
but since u went away, i just sit around waiting to die

u were my every single dream, u fulfilled all of my needs
a reality that was more like a fantasy, till i thru it all away with my jealousy

chorus

they say what dont kill u, only makes u stronger but i dont know if i can go on any longer
cause u are gone, and the pain keeps lingering on, and i just cant get u off my mind
dont know what im gonna do, to forget about this love i feel for u, but the more time passes the more i see
that you're gonna be the death of me

think of u while im awake
dream of u while im asleep
thinkin of how i lost your love as i console my guitar while it softly weeps

for now my world is cold and gray
but i know the sun will shine someday
maybe your feelings will change but if not spit on my grave

repeat chorus

if i feel the same way tomorrow that i feel today
then ill take my shovel, dig my own grave

repeat chorus

u promised me life thats what u took
now u walk around in your world like u dont give a fuck
u left me hear just waiting to die
i curse every mornin i wake up and im still aliveeeeeeeeee

Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2004, 04:57:05 PM »

my SCSI CABLE HAS ARRIVED!!!!!!!!

NEW SONG "DEATH OF ME" NOW AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD!!!!!!!!!

im mastering some songs as we speak ill have some new ones up shortly

death of me is as bout as schizophrenic as i get, well except for "Walking Dead"

but this song is called "Death of Me" and its like my OH My God or what have u experimental type song

its a love song to the extremes! cant wait till u all hear it

, so listen, enjoy, and please leave some comments

the song isnt meant to be commercial in anyway, i was in a psychotic rage of a mood and i cut loose vocally, so hope u all like it!
Where is it? I can't find it...it's doesn't seem to be in your Yahoo briefcase.

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #54 on: May 18, 2004, 10:06:01 PM »

ok i cant put this song in my yahoo briefcase cause its to large

so ill have to send it thru messenger services

so yahoo  addy is donnie40831@yahoo.com
msn is rainbowchildren23@hotmail.com

add me and ill send it thru messenger services
« Last Edit: May 18, 2004, 10:17:50 PM by D » Logged

journey
« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2004, 08:32:58 PM »

I listened to D's "Death of Me" last night, and I thought it was pretty cool. I really liked the effects it has in it. And, it's also a great song to vent any pent-up anger you might have. It's a cool song. Everybody needs to check it out.
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

« Reply #56 on: May 20, 2004, 02:49:50 PM »

damnit...i probably won't be able to get it then cos i'm on dialup and it's like the slowest modem in the entire history of the world... Sad

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2004, 03:27:37 PM »

dude im gonna do my damndest to get a website or something, that briefcase wont allow any songs over 5mb and death of me last close to 6 minutes

journey said it sounded like electronica/punk so i dont know, its a schizophrenic love song where i go the fuck off on vocals

u could always pm me a mailing address and ill send u a cd of it and a couple of other songs im currently working on

i dont care a bit to do that

just let me know!

also that is free of charge by the way in case u were wondering

or add me to msn or yahoo, u may have dialup but it would only take probably 30 minutes, i have cable and im on all the time, so it would be no problem at all

just get back to me!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2004, 03:29:03 PM by D » Logged

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2004, 10:19:53 PM »

http://www.verge-rpg.com/~donnie/Death%20of%20Me/

here u go goes thanks to loretian i have webspace!!!!

thanks dude!

click on this link and click on death of me, post and let me know what u think!

Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #59 on: May 23, 2004, 02:42:44 PM »

Ok. You wanted feedback.

I listened to the 4 songs that I've seen around, and I have to say I didn't like them. Just like Pviljon said, your voice needs to get a lot better. And I don't mean the way it sounds, I mean so you can keep in tone. I also can't really make anything out of the guitar, it was just a wall of distortion. I don't know if it was meant that way. The drums seem to lack something. They sound like they were made with a computer (which can be done well also).

But these are only my views. I've read here that some people enjoy your work, so you'll still have some people listening to your stuff, but from what I've seen so far, I'm not convinced.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: