Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:11:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Weiland ordered back into lockdown rehab (was: Say it isn't so)
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Weiland ordered back into lockdown rehab (was: Say it isn't so)  (Read 35961 times)
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« on: January 23, 2004, 09:11:39 PM »

It looks like Scott earned himself 6 months of lockdown rehab again.

Edit: Try to write subjects that describe the thread so people know what it's about... /jarmo
« Last Edit: January 28, 2004, 08:26:37 PM by jarmo » Logged

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2004, 09:14:18 PM »

what? where did you hear that?

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2004, 09:34:21 PM »

Scott Weiland appeared in two separate courtrooms to address drug charges on Friday (January 23) before being ordered back into lockdown rehab. The former Stone Temple Pilots frontman and current Velvet Revolver singer pleaded not guilty during his arraignment in Los Angeles Superior Court to charges of driving under the influence of drugs, stemming from his late October arrest. But because Weiland had left his court-ordered lockdown rehab last month, the singer was ordered into another six-month lockdown stint at a separate, undisclosed facility, with six months of aftercare treatment. Should Weiland walk away from this round of rehab, or test positive for drug use, a bench warrant will be issued for his arrest. His next progress report is scheduled for March 5. ...

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1484568/20040123/no_doubt.jhtml?headlines=true

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2004, 10:48:51 PM »

that is the place

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2004, 09:20:45 AM »

Wonder when this will get frustrating for the band. Someone like Slash seems to be the kind of person who likes playing live, now it seems like a tour might not happen during the next six months. At least not a proper tour.

Who knows if they can do a proper tour even after Scott is out of rehab.

First they have all kinds of problems with Axl in their previous band and now this....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Layne420
Rocker

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2004, 10:12:01 AM »

Yeah my only question is how many more chances he will get before they do put him back in jail?

When there's no more water left
And no more air in our breath
What will this earth be worth?
Do you want war or peace?
Blood for oil greed
Won't feed, won't the hunger our need

FLOW
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2004, 10:40:11 AM »

Wonder when this will get frustrating for the band. Someone like Slash seems to be the kind of person who likes playing live, now it seems like a tour might not happen during the next six months. At least not a proper tour.

Who knows if they can do a proper tour even after Scott is out of rehab.

First they have all kinds of problems with Axl in their previous band and now this....

yeah, you can say twice and mean it... Undecided
/jarmo

MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2004, 10:50:04 AM »

scott is making Axl look like a saint. these guys won't go anywhere with weedland. they should get a proper singer. someone who can actually do something in a band and not get arrested like a juvenil punk.

Chinese Democracy!
Dizzy
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2004, 10:56:50 AM »

This sucks!    Angry

I was really looking forward to seeing them on their planned upcoming tour.    Sad
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2004, 12:12:39 PM »

they should get a proper singer. someone who can actually do something in a band and not get arrested like a juvenil punk.

I understant you, but hey, this is Rock and Roll! not backstreet boys...you have to get along with that idea when this band is concerned.
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2004, 12:29:57 PM »

That's too bad for the band... no
I wonder how long this thing is gonna last... Undecided

MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2004, 12:41:43 PM »

they should get a proper singer. someone who can actually do something in a band and not get arrested like a juvenil punk.

I understant you, but hey, this is Rock and Roll! not backstreet boys...you have to get along with that idea when this band is concerned.

as much as i like the reckless side of a rock n roll lead singer i don't think scott is in the position to play that role, cuz he's not looking bad, he's just behaving bad and looking silly. in the 80's maybe it was alright to get wasted everyday, but by doing that now-a-days, with this band that has so much to proove not only to world but to themselfs, i think he's just fucking up his chances on the band and the way everyone see's the band. cuz i think its about time slash, duff and matt got some recognition for their work, and being seen always as the ex-gnr members. they need VR to be suceful in order to feel as acomplished musicians, and not as some washed up rockers... i dunno, i just feel that scott is more of a problem than a cure to slash's new future in music.

and as for the backstreet boys comparison... i guess Scott is the AJ of Velvet Revolver then....
« Last Edit: January 24, 2004, 12:43:59 PM by MeanBone » Logged

Chinese Democracy!
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2004, 01:12:49 PM »

I think it's terrible news because I wanted to see them, but hopefully this will make Scott realize that the courts aren't messing around. He can't just hide behind his status as a musician anymore so now he has to be serious about quitting if he really wants this thing to work out.
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2004, 01:19:53 PM »

I think it's terrible news because I wanted to see them, but hopefully this will make Scott realize that the courts aren't messing around. He can't just hide behind his status as a musician anymore so now he has to be serious about quitting if he really wants this thing to work out.

That's easier said than done. Re-lapses are typical with someone struggling with an addiction. Just as long as he stays out of jail. I'd hate to see him go there. Plus he has that bi-polor disorder to contend with.

Perhaps his lawyers will appeal the ruling, and during the appeals process he'll be aloud to play a few gigs. But I don't think touring is the place for Scott at this moment.

Rock stars, what are you gonna do with 'em? hihi

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2004, 03:14:29 PM »

/jarmo

Agreed.  Definately from the frying pan (Axl) to the fire (Scott).

Not to diminish Axl's obvious flaws, but at least his shortcomings as a bandmate and performer never really seemed to be a life threateniing situation..

On the other hand, Scott is Layne Staley in waiting.

Very sad.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2004, 04:09:22 PM »

Just get that already completed album in my hands and I could careless what happens after that.  I could listen to that album for 2 years then who knows maybe Chinese Democracy will finally be out by then.
echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2004, 07:34:51 PM »

I hope this doesn't effect the album release anyways.   Cry

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2004, 04:48:09 AM »

as much as i like the reckless side of a rock n roll lead singer i don't think scott is in the position to play that role, cuz he's not looking bad, he's just behaving bad and looking silly. in the 80's maybe it was alright to get wasted everyday, but by doing that now-a-days, with this band that has so much to proove not only to world but to themselfs, i think he's just fucking up his chances on the band and the way everyone see's the band. cuz i think its about time slash, duff and matt got some recognition for their work, and being seen always as the ex-gnr members. they need VR to be suceful in order to feel as acomplished musicians, and not as some washed up rockers... i dunno, i just feel that scott is more of a problem than a cure to slash's new future in music.

and as for the backstreet boys comparison... i guess Scott is the AJ of Velvet Revolver then....

yeah, Scott needs to get his shit together for the band (Duff/Slash) sakes..true...but for looking silly etc. I disagree. He's great on stage, true rock singer..his dangerous life style brings more edge to the VR..todays rock bands are unimaginative, easy and harmless bands, band members being vegetarians and dulls..so VR and Scott is fresh breath of air for todays Rock music/scene.
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2004, 01:12:13 PM »

You never know what can happen though.  If during his next progress report he is doing well, the judge may let him out.  That probably won't happen though.  I guess he has had a few chances.  He probably shouldn't have tried to sneak drugs in.  It kind of reminds me of Slash though.  In the book "In their Own Words," Slash says he took 11 grams of cocaine into rehab with him.  So Slash has definitely been there.  Of course that wasn't court ordered rehab though.  I don't remember Slash ever getting caught with drugs?? smoking smoking  

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2004, 03:06:46 PM »

Oh well, bye to the tour then. I had already arranged plans for that. Too bad Angry

I hope it doesn't pull of the release of contraband. That would suck.

I guess Slash and the boys just need a little patience
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: