Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:30:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Anyone heard about this yet?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anyone heard about this yet?  (Read 10833 times)
TrueRock&Roll
VIP

Guns N Roses = Best band of all time

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2004, 12:16:30 PM »

This is cool.  I love the cover of the book.  Please be the year of Guns N' Roses
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2004, 12:17:16 PM »

Possibly a Large Format (ie: The size of a HC book) Paperback and a Mass Market (standard Paperback size) version?

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Crowebar
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2004, 12:42:22 PM »

Cool man. Can't wait to read it.
POPmetal
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2004, 07:20:47 PM »

I'm guessing the unauthorized bio's publishing company has smelled that CD's release is near, so they're gonna try to capitalize on the promotion and hype around it by releasing their crap around the time CD is released. The only problem is that they don't know exactly when it will be released, hence the 2 release dates. If CD gets released sooner, they will release their crap in April, if it gets pushed back until right before the RIR 4 performance, it will be May.

This bio seems totally lame. It offers interviews with EX-band members and photos from the band's early days. It has no new interviews with ACTUAL-band members or current pictures. On a second thought, not having pics of the new band is probably a good thing. But as for as I'm concerned, this "unauthorized biography" is completely irrelevant. Save your $$$.
Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2004, 08:01:09 PM »

It's strange to see a picture of Axl2K superimposed over the original lineup. A pretty good summary of the band's history, actually. As far as different release dates, I only saw January. But sometimes they use different dates for US and Non-US.

I've seen enough.
estranged.1098
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2004, 08:04:53 PM »

It's strange to see a picture of Axl2K superimposed over the original lineup.

It's funny that the new pic is in color and the old is black & white.
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2004, 08:23:07 PM »

"The band that time forgot"

isn?t too negative!?

Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2004, 09:24:05 PM »

As far as different release dates, I only saw January.

There you go: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/results.asp?SAT=11&userid=37OEQV8DU3&WRD=guns+n+roses&SRT=R

Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2004, 09:45:17 PM »

Aahhh, thank you Will. That is strange to have separate dates four months apart.

I've seen enough.
slaxl
Opening Act

« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2004, 01:00:15 AM »

http://www.booksamillion.com/ncom/books?id=2735414125351&pid=1842402463
rockTHEworld
Headliner

gnfr rockin the world again....soon....

« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2004, 02:32:55 PM »

i do not know if anyone else noticed but now the Pub. Date is April 2004:

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?userid=37OEQV8DU3&isbn=1741143624&itm=14
badapple81
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2004, 10:06:33 PM »

Love the fact it has new Axl pic.. indicates that the book will cover right to present.. Smiley
Yesterday
Rocker

"It seems like forever and a day....."

« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2004, 10:54:36 AM »

I have seen it for release in May(amazon,etc.) But Barnes and Noble says it will be relaesed 1/28.  Anyone know the deal with that? I want to read it, but don't want to order it and get my hopes up for a 1/28 release and have to wiat until May to actually get it.  This happens to me alot, I order something and it either gets delayed or pushed back.  Thanks for any info.....

Time just fades the pages in my book of memories...
insupportofaxl
Optimist
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2004, 04:53:07 PM »

I have seen it for release in May(amazon,etc.) But Barnes and Noble says it will be relaesed 1/28.  Anyone know the deal with that? I want to read it, but don't want to order it and get my hopes up for a 1/28 release and have to wiat until May to actually get it.  This happens to me alot, I order something and it either gets delayed or pushed back.  Thanks for any info.....

I ordered it.  I received an email from barnes and noble that said when it is shipped, they will notify me.

As far as I know, it's still scheduled for 1/28 because I never received an email saying it was delayed.

smoking
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2004, 04:56:05 PM »

What a daft title for the book, the very fact any of us are here now (or on our way to RIR4) shows that its untrue. GNR haven't been forgotten, they are still widely loved....people may not know they still exist but they haven't forgotten 'Guns N Roses'

Quick! To the bandwagon!
anythinggoes
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2004, 07:55:57 AM »

The Band That Time Forgot: The Complete Unauthorised Biography of Guns N' Roses
by Paul Stenning

Editorial Reviews
About the Author
Paul Stenning is a journalist for Powerplay, Record Collector, and Terrorizer.

Book Description
The personal and musical history of Guns N' Roses is detailed in this revealing band biography. Timed to coincide with the highly anticipated release of Chinese Democracy, their first album in 10 years, this compelling account offers complete, updated information on the band's incredible past and current ambitions. New interviews with ex-band members, including lead guitarist Slash and bass player Duff, provide fresh revelations about the band's key players. Previously unpublished color photographs from the group's early days gathered from ex-members' personal collections offer an intriguing visualization of the band's past.

I know we all know about this book but the release date is 1st May and read the caption again
kujo722
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2004, 08:07:00 AM »

Who has the release date as May 1st?
anythinggoes
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2004, 10:17:37 AM »

Who has the release date as May 1st?

As long as i read it right Amazon did
kujo722
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2004, 10:22:52 AM »

You did read it right.

However like the actual CD this book has already had a few different release dates since we first heard of it.
AprilRose
Banned
Headliner

Not here to offend :)

« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2004, 11:54:34 AM »

I always pass unauthorized and unofficial crap by coz that's what it usually is : CRAP. But again, that's just my opinnion  love

" I'm sorry. I'm not catering to the masses. We're in this band for ourselves. We play music WE want to hear and if someone else likes it, that adds to it." -Axl Rose.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: