Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 08:54:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  SAW IV
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: SAW IV  (Read 7701 times)
The Chad Cometh
Mike Stewart is God
VIP

Don't think Axl! Makes my dick itch!

« on: June 18, 2007, 08:13:28 PM »

IT' MILKING TIME! Even tho they're trying to get every last dollar they can out of this franchise, I'm still kinda cursious as to what'll happen in this one. How bout you?

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/32283
Quint: I know that there?s a lot of talk about the next film [SAW 4]. There was a setup in the third one, where we could actually discover a little bit more about Jigsaw, like a back history with him. Do you think he will pop up in the next one and maybe seen in a flashback?
[Tobin nods his head up and down, silently. We both laugh]
Tobin Bell: I know it doesn?t make much of an interview, when somebody just nods their head, but yeah? I do.

Quint: For me it?s not a SAW movie without that character... But it seems that each movie seems to delve deeper and deeper into your character. After SAW 3, I?m like ?OK, he?s gone, but it seems like they?re setting up??
Tobin Bell: I haven?t read the script for SAW 4, so I find it difficult to comment. I don?t know where they?re going, but I can tell you that I?m in it and that I look forward to the very same things you?re talking about. They?re filling him out in ways that are compelling and interesting.

http://www.joblo.com/saw-45-news

Saw 4/5 News

Tobin Bell has confirmed that he will be reprising his role as 'Jigsaw' in the next two SAW movies. I know this story starts out sounding retarded, since his character obviously died in SAW 3 - believe me, I thought that too - but apparently, the film-makers already had planned for at least one more film in the franchise, and had specifically shot certain scenes in a manner which would help facilitate this.

With that revelation, the story actually sounds pretty cool to me. Co-producer Oren Koules says that "there are three or four scenes in 'Saw III' that seem very innocuous and benign but when you see 'Saw IV' and they flash back to those, they have a whole different meaning. We shot scenes for 'Saw III', knowing they'd be in 'IV.' We knew what we wanted to do for 'IV' so we actually shot scenes for 'III' but tried to make them very innocent scenes that didn't really make sense, but when it comes back, it's a huge part about 'Saw IV.'"
Filming on the next installment begins in April, with Darren Lyn Bouseman (SAW 3) again directing.

I was living to the best of my ability, now I'm living in correctional facility
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2007, 08:22:51 PM »

wow drool puke

SAW III was awsome i love how saw has a story line instead of just 2 hours of a bucher going at some poor bastard in the chair (hostles good to but it gets old)

when it come out?

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2007, 08:35:06 PM »

well supposedly its not a prequel soo i dont understand how this is possible. Jigsaw is dead...

the first two were awesome, and i thought Saw 3 was decent.

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
The Chad Cometh
Mike Stewart is God
VIP

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007, 08:42:34 PM »

Well the official story is that Jeff must now "play a game" to save his daughter, one presumably consisting of all kinds of nasty bits.

What I'm curious about is that the director has said that there are scenes in the 3rd one which don't make a whole lot of sense by themselves but that link in heavily with scenes for this one. Has definite potential.

GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2007, 09:14:40 PM »

Well the official story is that Jeff must now "play a game" to save his daughter, one presumably consisting of all kinds of nasty bits.

What I'm curious about is that the director has said that there are scenes in the 3rd one which don't make a whole lot of sense by themselves but that link in heavily with scenes for this one. Has definite potential.

well thats interesting. i thought the third one was solid, but it felt a bit forced to me. like they tried too hard to top the second one (which they didnt in my opinion).

The Chad Cometh
Mike Stewart is God
VIP

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2007, 10:19:18 PM »

Release date:

Saw - October 29
Saw 2 - October 28
Saw 3 - October 27
Saw 4 - October 26

GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2007, 10:52:14 PM »

Release date:

Saw - October 29
Saw 2 - October 28
Saw 3 - October 27
Saw 4 - October 26

yup they've been churning them out once a year since 2004. i saw the first two in theatres.

i'll never forget that chick having to jump in the giant vat of used hypodermic needles. i fucking flipped out when i saw that on the big screen.

The Chad Cometh
Mike Stewart is God
VIP

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2007, 11:04:26 PM »

"Everyone's thinking, 'Oh, they're doing a prequel,' but we're not. Is Tobin back? One hundred percent he is. Is he badass in this? One hundred percent he is. Is Tobin only in flashbacks? No, he's not. Is Tobin dead? Yes he is. Is Tobin a ghost? No, he's not." - Director Darren Bousman

- Fucking Bizarre!

RoCoKiN
VIP

I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!!

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2007, 04:58:03 AM »

This is pretty exciting news.  I just read on IMDB about Saw 4 and it looks like Jigsaw will be back in the form of video tapes he left behind for Jeff who now has to save his daughter.  Should be cool...the first Saw was a complete mind fuck when they pulled everything together at the end...it should be interesting how they do it again.

'...Oh, my distorted smile...'
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2007, 08:02:09 AM »

ok, now this is milkage.

html sucks
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2007, 08:13:06 AM »

The director/writer/producer (leigh? someone) was on ABC television in the early 90s.

He was the film critic for a Saturday morning show "Recovery". Live bands + other good funny cool 'out there' stuff. I can't describe it any other way as I was usually 'recovering'........ Almost the best thing to wake up to (or come home to) after hitting the dance floor Friday night (I 'remember' dancing to a lot of Kylie tunes.......)  Grin

I also 'remember' waking up one morning to find Silverchair rockin' out the ABC studio!

We always knew that Leigh would go far!  ok

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2007, 08:42:34 AM »

We always knew that Leigh would go far!  ok

He didn't go far enough. I'm starting a fund, if we all throw in $5 we can book him on one of those private space flights. Not sure we'll have enough for the round-trip ticket though, sucks.

The first SAW was okay for what it was. The following two were pretty awful, I thought. Boy is my thumb not on the pulse of. . . living. . . people. 
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2007, 08:51:13 AM »

Oh........ I've only seen Saw 1.
Or was that just called Saw?

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2007, 09:33:32 AM »

"Everyone's thinking, 'Oh, they're doing a prequel,' but we're not. Is Tobin back? One hundred percent he is. Is he badass in this? One hundred percent he is. Is Tobin only in flashbacks? No, he's not. Is Tobin dead? Yes he is. Is Tobin a ghost? No, he's not." - Director Darren Bousman

- Fucking Bizarre!

Video/audio tapes and pre-designed trappings, anyone?

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2007, 10:23:08 AM »

haven't seen any of them, they any good?

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2007, 11:22:53 AM »

- Fucking Bizarre!

Video/audio tapes and pre-designed trappings, anyone?

clone? a twin brother

html sucks
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2007, 01:15:47 PM »

well that depends:

do u like horror films?

If u do, then you wont like Saw

do u like wooden acting and zero plot?

Saw could be for you then....

I loved the way a surgeon couldnt work out the guy a meter away from him wasnt dead - ya'd think the absence of rigour mortis, the colour of the skin, the fact the body was frakking breathing (!) would all give it away - but nope.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2007, 01:45:50 PM »

well that depends:

do u like horror films?

If u do, then you wont like Saw

do u like wooden acting and zero plot?

Saw could be for you then....

I loved the way a surgeon couldnt work out the guy a meter away from him wasnt dead - ya'd think the absence of rigour mortis, the colour of the skin, the fact the body was frakking breathing (!) would all give it away - but nope.

oh come on you're just mad they got ya in the end? hihi

He had no idea how long the body had been there, the muscle relaxers minimized his breathing... Plus that wasnt his first concern...

On the Subject of Saw IV, the tape he coverd in wax in saw III, has been bothering me since I first saw it.. Hopefully we'll find out what that was...
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 02:00:11 PM by Loaded NightraiN » Logged
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2007, 02:06:02 PM »

They're decent mindfuck popcorn flicks.....not the best of modern horror cinema by any means, but passable movies.  The best part about them, really, is the creative "traps" and ways they kill people.  They're not much in the way of real scares....going with the more modern "gross out" horror (and even then, the gore isn't all that spectacular).  But the toys are interesting feats of engineering....and the standard "mindfuck" ending is always interesting to try to figure out.

They're certainly not high brow cinema (and no one should really expect them to be) but for Halloween fun, they make a nice date night or whatever.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2007, 02:07:38 PM »

at least they have an interesting premise. Hostel is basicallly?just people getting tortured for two hours.

i like the whole concept of Jigsaw being close to dying, and punishing people who don't value life, like drug addicts etc. and making them "play a game" to live. i always found that really cool and thought provoking.?

although i will admit the acting in the first one wasnt good, the rest of them had decent acting, especially for horror movie standards.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 02:12:13 PM by GnFnR87 » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: