Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 02:32:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227852 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  smokers vs non-smokers
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: smokers vs non-smokers  (Read 39660 times)
Aava
Everything changes
VIP

If you wanna do it, baby, you can do it right

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2004, 01:05:39 PM »

I don?t smoke, so the thing I hate the most is when my clothes and hair smells smoke after spending night (or just an hour) in the pub!
Mornings after pub nights, are horrible enough without that smell.

We're on the one road
Maybe the wrong road
It's the road to fuck knows where
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2004, 02:54:07 PM »

U smokers should be hung from the nearest lamp-post.

Kill urself by all means - but its outrageous u can get away with killing the rest of us through passive smoking, it makes me livid - to say smokers are selfish is not nearly going far enough

rant over.

Seriously, not all smokers are that bad. i would never smoke if I was near, or in the same room as a non-smoker, apart from a pub.

What I don't get is the shitty attitudes we get. You fuckers drive around in fucking jeeps and shit, and then complain about us guys. Blow it out your fucking bellend, you hypocrites.

Er...i don't even have a car Huh

And....don't smokers with cars polute the same as a non smokers with cars? I don't even begin to get ur point (if there is one there)

Smokers not only pollute with their cars but add to that with their fags....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
kj_jive
Got troll dolls?
VIP

Found a head and an arm in the garbage can

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2004, 05:22:38 PM »

There are worse things in live than a little cigarette.  Get off the smoker's backs for goodness sake!  Complaining about some second hand smoke...please get off your pedastool and grow some balls.  Sounding like whiney little beotches.

If you don't like smoke, tough...it's illegal inside any public building here in Delaware (including bars and restaurants) and my guess is that it probably will be everywhere else soon too. 

It doesn't even smell bad and a little smoke never hurt anybody...get back in your bubbles.

"This board isn't supposed to be a fucking smiley festival"-Jarmo 3-19-03
Chris Misfit
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2004, 07:24:12 PM »

Er...i don't even have a car

I didn't mean you, you tit.

And....don't smokers with cars polute the same as a non smokers with cars? I don't even begin to get ur point

Yes, yes. Right. In my old job, they (non-smokers) tried to get us stop smoking there (we smoked outside, away from everyone) but this wasn't good enough. They did not want us actually having a smoke whilst on the premises, because "it still polloutes the air". Now,  these are the same "non-smokers" who go to collect their kids from school driving a car that polloutes, err fucking children. Now, I realise the problems some people have with smokers, and I do sympathise (my spelling sucks tonight) but I don't understand the general hatred, for we all polloute, and we all do things that effect others well being. Hey, I ain't the fucker who ran down your child drunk "ban, fucking cars".
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2004, 11:42:49 AM »

Well live in a small village about 20 mins outisde of Kingston, Ontario, and its illegal to smoke in any public buildings except your own home. It doesnt really bother me if i cant smoke in restaurants and what not, because it does upset my parents that i smoke and sine i still live with them i can easily just go outside and smoke or whatever. At school i smoke heavily with all my friends and you actually have to be on the sidewalk and not on school property opr you get fined and suspended which i think is ridiculous. you get 120 or so smokers crammed on a little piece of sidewalk if theres a teacher around. The restaurant maybe 5 minutes away is the only place u can smoke in our village since it doesnt fall under the by law which isnt so bad. All my girlfriends have been non smokers and it didnt bother them that i smoke, i just chew a piece of gum or w/e when im with them. By the way, having a smoke while you drink or after blazing is in fact amazing, you can suck cigarettes back like peanuts!

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2004, 11:49:15 AM »

U smokers should be hung from the nearest lamp-post.

Kill urself by all means - but its outrageous u can get away with killing the rest of us through passive smoking, it makes me livid - to say smokers are selfish is not nearly going far enough

rant over.

yeah!! you go!

and not only that, in the working life a "smoking brake" is OK.... but what about the non-smokers? they work their ass off covering them...

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
Chris Misfit
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2004, 11:51:46 AM »

but what about the non-smokers? they work their ass off covering them...]

Yeah, that's also the smokers fault. Why don't you complain to your management, genious.
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2004, 11:55:17 AM »

Yeah, that's also the smokers fault. Why don't you complain to your management, genious.

it takes a REAL genious to misspell GENIUS....

and maybe we arent working our asses of, but still the workers do have an "apology" for taking that brake, even if it isnt time for brake...

Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2004, 12:18:20 PM »

at my job most of the non-smokers hang out with us while we smoke. Not to mention I have been prmotoed tywice this year at my job...so all of us smokers are not exactly slacking off.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2004, 12:36:59 PM »

at my job most of the non-smokers hang out with us while we smoke. Not to mention I have been prmotoed tywice this year at my job...so all of us smokers are not exactly slacking off.

i didnt mean you are slacking off.... just if you think of it, there are breaks for a reason... and some work places are cool. but ifi walked outside to take a sip of coke and relax a bit that wouldnt be allright... (though coke can be used while beeing inside..)

Chris Misfit
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2004, 02:07:33 PM »

Haha, I'll shut up now.
Dizzy
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2004, 06:31:28 PM »

It doesn't even smell bad and a little smoke never hurt anybody...get back in your bubbles.

The only question I have for you is in what bubble are you living?  Cigarette smoke smells like shit and and it harms everybody.  I think your statements perfectly reflect the level of logical defense a smoker can offer: NONE.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2004, 02:42:36 AM »

and maybe we arent working our asses of, but still the workers do have an "apology" for taking that brake, even if it isnt time for brake...

Yea but then you go on to spell brake wrong. Brake would be on a car....break would be something you take around noon for lunch. hihi

Bad puncuation too......
SLCPUNK
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2004, 02:45:06 AM »

The only question I have for you is in what bubble are you living?? Cigarette smoke smells like shit and and it harms everybody.? I think your statements perfectly reflect the level of logical defense a smoker can offer: NONE.

Dizzy, we agree again. The post was too dumb to reply to, but I'll agree with your response to that dumb post.
axls_locomotive
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2004, 07:42:22 AM »

the number of passive smoking deaths in the uk is estimated to be around 1000 a year...yet a disease like aids causes only 400-500 deaths a year...

the number of people with asthma in the uk is over 3 million...and its impossible to know if the person you are next to has asthma, but there is a 1 in 20 chance that he/she is...then we have bronchitis, cancer, lung disease and numerous other conditions that are affected...im not surprised that many smokers are selfish...

i think thats cause for legislation

SLCPUNK
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2004, 01:23:34 PM »

Yea but then you go on to spell brake wrong.

Bad puncuation too......

And in turn, you misspelled "punctuation".? ?ok

Late night post. But you know my spelling too...

If one is going to post ONLY to correct an other (which is against the rules anyway) they should make sure their shit is right too. Except me of course. hihi
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

Everything Louder Than Everything Else

« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2004, 01:30:08 PM »

the number of people with asthma in the uk is over 3 million...and its impossible to know if the person you are next to has asthma, but there is a 1 in 20 chance that he/she is...then we have bronchitis, cancer, lung disease and numerous other conditions that are affected...im not surprised that many smokers are selfish...
Which reminds me...two of my friend who are smokers, have asthma.  Now, I think it's dumb to smoke normal cigarettes anyway, but when you already have asthma... nervous

I regularly laugh at them about this.

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
Chris Misfit
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2004, 02:20:23 PM »

Now, I think it's dumb to smoke normal cigarettes anyway, but when you already have asthma...

Exactly.

The same people who moan about smoking, cause damage to the enviorment and people around them in their own way, yet they don't give a shit. Smokers are being banned from doing what they choose, which is fair enough, and not many of us complain, but it still does not stop the moaning from non-smokers. Like seriously, you hate it, big fucking deal, quit throwing your dummy out of the pram, grow the fuck up, and stop fucking whinging. YOU ARE GETTING YOUR OWN WAY, BE HAPPY.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2004, 02:52:43 PM »

Now, I think it's dumb to smoke normal cigarettes anyway, but when you already have asthma...

Exactly.

The same people who moan about smoking, cause damage to the enviorment and people around them in their own way, yet they don't give a shit. Smokers are being banned from doing what they choose, which is fair enough, and not many of us complain, but it still does not stop the moaning from non-smokers. Like seriously, you hate it, big fucking deal, quit throwing your dummy out of the pram, grow the fuck up, and stop fucking whinging. YOU ARE GETTING YOUR OWN WAY, BE HAPPY.

I'm sorry, we are talking about an activity which is proven to kill those nearby through passive smoking - i'd say that was an issue to get worked up about. Smokers aren't just an inconvenience or an annoyance - they are a certified threat to the health of others

If someone was damaging your health wouldn't u be concerned?

Because the smoker is too stupid to realise he is killing himself doesn't mean the rest of us should suffer.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Chris Misfit
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2004, 03:12:41 PM »

Smokers aren't just an inconvenience or an annoyance - they are a certified threat to the health of others

Yeah, so? You want me not to smoke infront of some guy (in the pub) who's just drank 15 pints of lager, because I'm endangering their health?

My orginal point, most people who complain will never suffer from passive smoking, ever. It's not that big of a health risk. Maybe to those who work in bars, but not to the general public. You have more chance of being eaten by a 10 year old boy, than actually contracting cancer from walking down the street.

You can't smoke on buses, trains, some resturants, public offices, shopping centres,  lesuire centres, librarys, private transport, cinemas, in the workplace. Infact, the only public place you are guarenteed a smoke now is the pub. So where exactly are you going to breath in enough passive smoke, for it to endanger your health?

Because the smoker is too stupid to realise he is killing himself doesn't mean the rest of us should suffer.

Dude, your attitude is disappointing. Smoking is addictive. I do not have the willpower or infact the want to quit. I do realise I'm killing myself, but I cannot quit, and I don't really want to.

but you're generalising. Not all smokers, actually smoke when non-smokers are around. And massive steps by the goverments are being taken to stop smokers, doing what they want. How long until it's enforced in the UK? It'll happen soon. Anyway, you're big boys, if someone is smoking near you, tell them to put it out, or fucking move.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: