Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 05:22:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227915 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Life since 9/11/01
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Life since 9/11/01  (Read 55867 times)
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2005, 07:59:59 AM »

Izzy you'll never be able to ridicule me

I'm ridiculing your offensive views, not you as a person.

becuase you support racism and sexism and atrocious human rights just as long as the culture excersising them isn't western.

I'm leaving that to the moderators to deal with. That's actually libel.

I refer to this thread and my reply to your comment that you never refuted - well because it appears from other comments you've made and your silence that you endorse it:? http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=23842.msg419910#msg419910

I replied to that post about three posts down the list! Roll Eyes

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=23842.msg420023#msg420023

The stuff you write makes me ashamed to be seen talking to you.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2005, 08:07:13 AM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2005, 08:16:33 AM »

my two cents:

If anything, for me, 9\11 has made me live more "in the moment." The only thing I think it has changed for me is that when I see planes in the air overhead, I follow them a lot longer...It really hasn't curtailed travel or made me look at foreign folks any differently....I figure I'm going to live my life and if it's my time to go, well so be it...I mean, everytime you lay your head down to go to bed, there's no guarantee you will see morning...just my take on things
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2005, 09:03:24 AM »

my two cents:

If anything, for me, 9\11 has made me live more "in the moment." The only thing I think it has changed for me is that when I see planes in the air overhead, I follow them a lot longer...It really hasn't curtailed travel or made me look at foreign folks any differently....I figure I'm going to live my life and if it's my time to go, well so be it...I mean, everytime you lay your head down to go to bed, there's no guarantee you will see morning...just my take on things

Please don't think i'm having a go at you,

I imagine many people echo your position - and yet isn't it strange that the odds of being injured in a terrorists attack are 1 in millions, and yet the odds of being hit by a car are significantly lower - and yet its the terrorist attack people worry about more as they leave the house!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2005, 11:10:32 AM »

Izzy you'll never be able to ridicule me

I'm ridiculing your offensive views, not you as a person.

becuase you support racism and sexism and atrocious human rights just as long as the culture excersising them isn't western.

I'm leaving that to the moderators to deal with. That's actually libel.

I refer to this thread and my reply to your comment that you never refuted - well because it appears from other comments you've made and your silence that you endorse it:? http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=23842.msg419910#msg419910

I replied to that post about three posts down the list! Roll Eyes

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=23842.msg420023#msg420023

The stuff you write makes me ashamed to be seen talking to you.

Good luck with the libel claim Izzy, sounds like more crying because you got caught.

Here is your exact quote in your response that I later asked for verification on and you obviously did not provide it:

Disciminatory practices? - thats their culture and how dear u condemn it just for being different. Ever thought that maybe it works for them?

So I stand by my earlier statements; you support and condone violent behavior, sexism and racism because it "works" for their culture.? Keep trying to argue a way around it Izzy.? I really don't want to dwell on the issue, I've already proven that you're so "open-minded" that you support the antithesis of your supposed human rights views.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2005, 12:58:07 PM »

Sure the death of 3000 innocent people was a tragedy. But it was a wakeup call, still the people did not wake up, but let their president instrumentalise that event to proceed doing the things that provoked 9/11.

It's sad. Every day countless people get killed, a lot of them due to the fault of the US government, and nobody cares. But when a bunch of Americans get killed it is hyped up as if it was the worst tragedy that ever happened. It wasn't.

9/11 was like America being Scrooge and Bin Laden being the ghosts. Face it people, it is sad what is happening, the ideologic terror and all, but it is just the ghosts the US called.

And with what the US government calls "the war against terrorism" it won't get any better. It will get worse.

I'm not a what some here would call a "fuckin' liberal", I'm just counting the facts.

/lastroots

Sadly this is true, and what I have said all along. If we really want to stop terror, we must look at our governments actions over the years, our involvement in the middle east and address those facts. Address them with absolute honesty, which we are not willing to do. Most Americans have no friggin' clue really why we are hated. It is not because "we're free" either.
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2005, 01:33:39 PM »

Good luck with the libel claim Izzy, sounds like more crying because you got caught.

I have?

Here is your exact quote in your response that I later asked for verification on and you obviously did not provide it:

Disciminatory practices? - thats their culture and how dear u condemn it just for being different. Ever thought that maybe it works for them?

and...?

I'm highlighting your judgemental nature while refusing to pass judgement on another religion - thats me being ''caught''? hihi

I'd assuming the red neck trailer park community you came from would be outraged if a muslim condemned the way Christians conduct their religious affairs - but its okay for you to have a go at them?

So I stand by my earlier statements; you support and condone violent behavior, sexism and racism because it "works" for their culture.

Lol, are u telling me what my views are? hihi

Lets have a look at what u've been saying

I later asked for verification on

U failed to understand what i meant to the extent you had to ask for verification on it and now proceed to tell me what i meant to say!

Keep trying to argue a way around it Izzy.

Sage advice from a person that curiously enough knows what i'm thinking better than i do Roll Eyes

I really don't want to dwell on the issue,

I'd imagine not as your running low on anything approaching correct grammar let alone an argument

I've already proven that you're so "open-minded" that you support the antithesis of your supposed human rights views.

Proven? My human rights views?

I'm still waiting for that proof, any time u find it, let me know mmmmk?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
shades
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2005, 05:13:44 PM »

Sadly this is true, and what I have said all along. If we really want to stop terror, we must look at our governments actions over the years, our involvement in the middle east and address those facts. Address them with absolute honesty, which we are not willing to do. Most Americans have no friggin' clue really why we are hated. It is not because "we're free" either.

You gotta be kidding me.
Its our fault that terrorists hate us?
So we are resposible for 9/11 in that light.

only a real nut job would say something like that
« Last Edit: December 08, 2005, 05:48:26 PM by shades » Logged

Bustin Flat in Baton Rouge
Buddy J.B.
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2005, 05:20:03 PM »

I think the 9/11 tragedy tried giving us a chance to treat each other equal and realize that prejudice and hate is wrong but people still fail to do that in this country. Undecided

Although the government can make mistakes, thousands of innocent people did not deserve to die!!!! Angry
« Last Edit: December 08, 2005, 05:24:48 PM by SuperMike » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2005, 07:29:35 PM »

I do agree with SLC on this, After 9/11 I think for the first time in maybe forever, our country banded together and became a very caring,united country.

If not for the War in Iraq, I believe that brotherhood wouldve continued and our country would be a better place right now.

disclaimer
* I don't agree with the war however I feel we now have an obligation to the Iraqi people to see it through so therefore my statement isnt contradictory with past posts*

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
RichardNixon
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2005, 07:34:49 PM »

I do agree with SLC on this, After 9/11 I think for the first time in maybe forever, our country banded together and became a very caring,united country.

If not for the War in Iraq, I believe that brotherhood wouldve continued and our country would be a better place right now.

disclaimer
* I don't agree with the war however I feel we now have an obligation to the Iraqi people to see it through so therefore my statement isnt contradictory with past posts*

Hmm, I don't know. I think the goodwill would have run its course...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2005, 08:29:59 PM »

It's easy to forget, but most of the world were supporting USA at that point. As well as the war in Afghanistan.

Most of that support has disppeared since.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Chelle
VIP

~Crazy Bitch~

« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2005, 01:15:53 AM »

Richard Nixon,
Don't feel bad, honey ... My sister was seeing this guy who was Middle Eastern-looking around 9/11, and I was terrified of him.  He'd come inside the house, and I'd slip out the back.  I feel really kinda guilty about that now, cause he was actually a nice guy.   Embarrassed

"She was queen for about an hour...? after that, shit got sour... She took all I ever had.? No sign of guilt.? No feeling of bad, no..."
SLCPUNK
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2005, 01:31:33 AM »

You have been so bent out of shape since being labeled a racist and bigot. You have started threads about it, bring it up all the time and obviously are upset by it. What is even more obvious is how desperate you are to try and pin somebody on the "other side" as a racist, or sexist, whatever....You have been foaming at the mouth to find one little thing you can pounce on and whip into a big frenzy.

Very Bill O'reillyesque! Very good. You have latched onto one tiny thing and created yet another straw man to tear down, hopefully taking all the focus away from your pathological lies and racist drivel you and your buddies fill the board up with. The only thing is that your posts reek of spin, deflection and shame. You are not fooling anybody here. Everybody knows who condones violence, hatred, bigotry and wraps themselves warm and cozy in one lie after another. And it ain't Izzy............

You're hogging up the bandwidth with this slop & swill.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2005, 01:53:36 AM by SLCPUNK » Logged
SLCPUNK
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2005, 02:02:20 AM »

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. We are not going to get a different result with the Iraq war. We need to be proactive and not through violence. We need to look at our role in the middle east (over the last 50 plus years) and see how we have used that region for our gain while placing madmen in charge. The middle east is nothing more than a group of thugs which we have put in (or out) or power as we see fit over the years.

We then turn around and fund the bombs and bullets to kill their children via our client Israel. Our military aid to Israel is how many billions? You want to stop terrorists, then it is time to look in the mirror and address our role in that region. Our funding of violence, our essential creation of terror states, and our hypocrisy are leading up to our demise.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2005, 02:04:16 AM by SLCPUNK » Logged
shades
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2005, 10:41:23 AM »

I think you're on to something....duhhh
So we funded terrorist states.
So we armed states that are using these arms and therefore people hates us because of it.
We support Isreal so people hate us.
Thats why we change leaders every 4 years.

So you've identified the problem.
Did you ever think of just maybe coming up with a 'plan' to fix the problem?
Of course not.
meanwhile training camps accross the region were turning out men who will strap tnt to their torsos or fly planes into skyscrapers.
A short term solution was needed while you ponder the long term.
So we dont DIE. come on man, wake up.

Bustin Flat in Baton Rouge
SLCPUNK
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2005, 04:44:33 PM »

So you've identified the problem.
Did you ever think of just maybe coming up with a 'plan' to fix the problem?
Of course not.

I did come up with a plan to fix the problem and posted it. Just because you are not intelligent enough to read or comprehend what I write it is not my problem.

So quit your lying already; you guys all lie through your teeth, just like your fascist leader W.
RichardNixon
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2005, 09:05:19 PM »

Richard Nixon,
Don't feel bad, honey ... My sister was seeing this guy who was Middle Eastern-looking around 9/11, and I was terrified of him.? He'd come inside the house, and I'd slip out the back.? I feel really kinda guilty about that now, cause he was actually a nice guy.? ?Embarrassed

Thanks. The whole 911 thing brought out some things inside of us that we may not be very proud of.
SuperMike
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2006, 08:17:20 PM »

speaking of 9/11, I just noticed something weird. You've seen the movie Armageddon, right?

Well in the beginning, when the asteroids start attacking New York City, the character played by the black actor walking his dog yells "Saddam Husein is bombing us man!" Next they show the twin towers in flames!

3 years later, something very similar happens!
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2006, 09:30:45 PM »

A thread from the days when political discussion was still allowed.  How I miss them.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2006, 12:12:40 AM »

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8260059923762628848&q=911+loose+change
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: