Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 02:44:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227913 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  police beatings in the us
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: police beatings in the us  (Read 5752 times)
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« on: February 01, 2006, 02:48:32 PM »

just showed that on the news ....
man ... that soldier that was shot 3 times in DC, and the guy beaten up in Stlouis ....? what is wrong with the american police ... ??

http://www.wgal.com/news/6622768/detail.html?rss=lan&psp=nationalnews

« Last Edit: February 01, 2006, 02:51:38 PM by WAT-EVER, i'm totally buggin » Logged

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006, 03:35:24 PM »

what is wrong with the american police ... ??
they eat too many hamburgers and drink too much coca-cola. That's the only thing I know about them.?

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2006, 03:37:42 PM »

Maybe they need better training. To use less agression at times. I don't know.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2006, 03:41:52 PM »

what is wrong with the american police ... ??
they eat too many hamburgers and drink too much coca-cola. That's the only thing I know about them.?

A-fuckin'-men..

Is all I can say to that..

Dont forget the Canadian police though, their twice as dumb, just not as violent Wink

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Sterlingdog
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2006, 04:49:02 PM »

I think there is a certain psychology issue at work.  There are psych tests/ personality tests given to become a police officer.  But as far as I know there is no limit to the number of times you can fail and retake the exams.  I know someone who never should have become an officer (major control and anger issues) but he failed the psych test three times, eventually passed,  and now he's an officer.  I'm confident his personality didn't change, just his ability to fake the test improved.

I think its a profession that naturally attracts a certain type of individual, the psych tests are meant to weed the dangerous ones out, but they don't always work the way they are supposed to.

Keep in mind that the pay isn't good and the education required is minimal.  So they aren't always attracting the best people.
Jagged Little Pill
Cheap Heartbreaker
VIP

You were born an original. Don't die a copy

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2006, 06:13:08 PM »

Dont forget the Canadian police though, their twice as dumb, just not as violent Wink

aint that the truth. I hate cops soooooooooo much, they've never done a thing for me. they think because they wear a badge they could do what ever the hell they feel like doing and they lie. stupid cops.

Never be bullied into silence.  Never allow yourself to be made a victim.  Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2006, 07:00:03 PM »

aint that the truth. I hate cops soooooooooo much, they've never done a thing for me. they think because they wear a badge they could do what ever the hell they feel like doing and they lie. stupid cops.

Quite a generalisation, don't you think?

Corruption is going to be rife in whatever system you implement.

So, what's the solution then? No police?  Roll Eyes

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2006, 08:00:47 PM »

just showed that on the news ....
man ... that soldier that was shot 3 times in DC, and the guy beaten up in Stlouis ....? what is wrong with the american police ... ??

http://www.wgal.com/news/6622768/detail.html?rss=lan&psp=nationalnews

I think they get in some pretty life threatening situations and then the camera turns on at the wrong moment.  I'm sure there are bad cops out there and many do think they are God or something, but look at the size of the US.  All of Europe can fit in it - has there NEVER been anything that happened like this there?

Why don't you just....
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2006, 08:01:44 PM »

So they aren't always attracting the best people.

I think you summed up the whole thread nicely there Sterling hihi

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2006, 08:50:48 PM »

If cops were respected more, then more respectable people would become cops.
Sterlingdog
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2006, 11:07:49 PM »

If cops were respected more, then more respectable people would become cops.

I actually think you have a point there.  I also think that if the pay were better, and more education was required, the job would be more attractive to the right kind of people.  But you also have to question what kind of people are willing to put their lives on the line every day for people who hate them and treat them disrespectfully.  Some do it because they truly want to help the community, but others are there for power.
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2006, 03:48:27 AM »

It was always my understanding that police in Europe were much more violent and apt to use force than American police as we have more protections than our European counterparts.  All of my friend who have been stationed in Germany stated that the police were much more physical and interactive over there than in the states.  Keep in mind that these hyped up police beatings are a very small segment of police interactions and certainly isn't representative of normal police.  I do however pose a question to those the believe cops to be useless:  As many if not all of you are anti-gun, how do you expect one to defend themselves when you rank place the police on the same playing field as criminals?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2006, 04:11:57 AM »

It was always my understanding that police in Europe were much more violent and apt to use force than American police as we have more protections than our European counterparts.  All of my friend who have been stationed in Germany stated that the police were much more physical and interactive over there than in the states.  Keep in mind that these hyped up police beatings are a very small segment of police interactions and certainly isn't representative of normal police.  I do however pose a question to those the believe cops to be useless:  As many if not all of you are anti-gun, how do you expect one to defend themselves when you rank place the police on the same playing field as criminals?

well giving more guns to people (therefore criminals, cause they are , in the end, people) won't solve the problem. i did shoot a shotgun with my girlfriend's bro,  at the shooting range with all the rednecks and .... i was like " what if there is a fight ? what if right there, something goes wrong and people start to fight .... i'd love to see the end of that ... "  .... meaning i'd rather have people solve issues with violence WITH FISTS than guns ... if you know what i mean ....

* and i dont think it's fair to say " well that's only a extreme exemple, camera's always on at the bad moment ..." with the small chances a camera has to be on, filming a police arrest, i think it's pretty wierd that we get footages like that ... unless people are filming 24/7 in the US ...

* and about the " police is under a lot of stress, they get harassed .." ... that's their fuckin' job ! to deal with problems and violence. and they are supposed to respond with calm and wisdom because they are trained for it.

anyway. wierd how kids once dream to be police officers .... and later ... they wanna be traders in wall street Smiley

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2006, 05:29:20 AM »

I've never had any problems with the cops/the police. Never had troubles. I've even never been controlled in my whole life by the police.
To tell you the truth I strongly support the cops against the fuckheads in the surbubs.?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2006, 05:37:04 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2006, 05:44:59 AM »

I've never had any problems with the cops/the police. Never had troubles. I've even never been controlled in my whole life by the police.
To tell you the truth I strongly support the cops against the fuckheads in the surbubs.?

same here. never been talked to by a cop. never. ( and im' kinda sad, i'd like to tlak to them Sad )
and i do look like a terrorist !!! - and i think like em so they say ! - Wink
i guess i'll start growing a beard, maybe they'll arrest me ! once !!! at least !
that's discrimination !

i support cops against who ever you want, but not when they fuck up. when they lose their nerves, that's their fault, they shouldnt. if you're weak, dont join the police. do another job. so when they were hitting on the kids in the suburb that was bad. arrest him. don't play his games.

Wink

SLCPUNK
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2006, 10:41:29 AM »

Cops beating people is as American as apple pie............

Blacks are the preferred citizen when at all possible.

Sterlingdog
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2006, 11:57:42 AM »

It goes without saying that a certain percentage of the general population are assholes.  Lets say, for an example, 20% of all people can't control their anger.  Its logical that percentage would carry over to the police, they are after all, people.  Now maybe you could say that of the group of people who want to be police the percentage is higher, say 30%.  It still doesn't make all police bad, but of course the bad ones are who make the press.  I also don't think that even 1% of police beating incidents make the news.  I'm just not terribly sympathetic to criminals.  I'm not saying the beatings aren't wrong, I just don't feel that bad for evil people.

Now I've known many many police officers and in all honesty, some are not good people.  But I've also known some that I deeply admire, people who will help you even after you've called them useless pigs, because that's their job.  They get treated horribly by people who simply hate them because of the uniform they wear.   I've been treated badly because my dad was a police officer and so both me and him get called racist.  Just because he was a white cop.  How is that fair?  He was loved and respected in the community he served, but he gets judged because people make those kind of generalizations about police. 

One of the worst things about these incidents that make the news is that it adds to the negative stereotypes many already hold about the police.  It makes me sad. 
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2006, 12:04:22 PM »

well the negative stereotypes isn't free. i'm sure they'd like to keep the "giving tickets" stereoptype.
they dont like the "beating nigg*s" stereotype ? why don't they stop doing that ....

and again ... percentage of bad people ?
do you let crazy people driving nuclear submarines ? nope.

so dont let crazy people into the police. their job is too handle issues with bad people / bad situation .. i would think they are supposed to stay cool. they are payed for it.

what strikes me is that, i hope, the cops that are caught being bad are sent away and fired. so how come new cases pop up now and then ? new nutjobs coming into the police ?

good cops suffer the publicity ? why dont THEY get rid of the mofos from the inside? don't tell me you can't see that a guy is a modo.

then again, i've never talked to a police officer in my entire life ... so i'm just talking out my ass Smiley

Sterlingdog
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2006, 12:08:20 PM »

and again ... percentage of bad people ?
do you let crazy people driving nuclear submarines ? nope.

so dont let crazy people into the police. their job is too handle issues with bad people / bad situation .. i would think they are supposed to stay cool. they are payed for it.

I said that before.  They have to pass psych tests, but they learn to fake them.  They need better pysch tests and they shouldn't let them retake and retake until they can pass.  Personalities really don't change much, so I don't understand why they let someone who passes the psych test on their 3rd or 4th try get through. 
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2006, 12:15:10 PM »

good cops suffer the publicity ? why dont THEY get rid of the mofos from the inside? don't tell me you can't see that a guy is a modo.

It's called the "Blue Wall."

A cop never rats on another cop, or creates an issue in the workplace for another cop.

It's just their code, or so Ive been told..

then again, i've never talked to a police officer in my entire life ... so i'm just talking out my ass

Trust me you dont want to..the whole conversation, the cop would be talking out their ass more than you ever will in your lifetime.. hihi

Years, and years ago I got into a huge fight with my parents which resulted in my mother slapping me a half dozen times or so, but anyways she called the cops on me because I refused to leave my home, and the cop simply walked into my room like it was her own, told me to stand on my feet, pack my things because I was leaving..

I tried to tell her my mother had slapped me repeatedly, but she simply rolled her fuckin' eyes and said "well, she's your mother, what do you expect me to do? charge her with slapping?"

When she said that it took everything in me not to grab that nightstick off her belt and beat the piss out of that bucked toothed wretch.

Ironically all my life, Ive heard the stereotype that female cops are worse than males...wonder if it's true..? hihi

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2006, 12:21:37 PM »

wow. rough shit dude.
the blue wall .... hum. interesting. just like the mafia.

ps: female cops ..... mmmm .... females in uniform .... mmmm .... *drool* .... sorry .....

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2006, 12:00:03 AM »

Cops beating people is as American as apple pie............

Blacks are the preferred citizen when at all possible.

Oh yeah, that dangerous career criminal crackhead.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Jagged Little Pill
Cheap Heartbreaker
VIP

You were born an original. Don't die a copy

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2006, 12:06:04 AM »

Quite a generalisation, don't you think?

Corruption is going to be rife in whatever system you implement.

So, what's the solution then? No police?? Roll Eyes

I was talking about the cops around here where I live, they are all stupid and dont give 2 shits about the law. maybe you have awesome cops, good for you, but i dont.

Never be bullied into silence.  Never allow yourself to be made a victim.  Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2006, 01:27:57 AM »

Cops in general are fuck heads!!!

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2006, 03:54:47 AM »

Cops in general are fuck heads!!!

FUCK YEAH!!

no

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: