Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 10:50:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227855 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Windows Vista -
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Windows Vista -  (Read 15023 times)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #60 on: February 06, 2007, 08:10:45 AM »

Microsoft will not close a loophole that offers consumers a cheaper way to upgrade to Windows Vista. As vnunet.com reported last week, users can install the upgrade version of the new operating system as a fresh installation, even if they do not currently own a licensed copy of Windows XP.

The procedure is time consuming, but allows users to save about 35 per cent of the purchase price for the regular Windows Vista.

"People without a licensed copy of XP that use this workaround are violating the terms of use agreed to when they purchased the upgrade version of Windows Vista," a Microsoft spokesman told vnunet.com.

"As such, we believe only a very small percentage of people will take the time to implement this workaround, and we encourage all customers to follow our official guidelines for upgrading to Windows Vista."

Microsoft added that it does not have any plans to disable the workaround at this time.
hogg2500x
Headliner

« Reply #61 on: February 06, 2007, 06:12:00 PM »

I've had Vista for almost a week now and it sucks ass. Takes forever to load shit, its crashed a few times so far. My mom  got a brand new labtop w/ vista on it. We should put XP Pro on there and git rid of that Vista shit. Microsoft copied mac so bad..

to end this ill say:

Vista Sucks dont waste your money for a upgrade, then you'll have to upgrade more hardware to run the damn thing, if your system isnt compatable. Thats why when i get the money ill be getting a Mac Book..
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2007, 12:41:15 AM »

I've had Vista for almost a week now and it sucks ass. Takes forever to load shit, its crashed a few times so far. My mom? got a brand new labtop w/ vista on it. We should put XP Pro on there and git rid of that Vista shit. Microsoft copied mac so bad..

to end this ill say:

Vista Sucks dont waste your money for a upgrade, then you'll have to upgrade more hardware to run the damn thing, if your system isnt compatable. Thats why when i get the money ill be getting a Mac Book..
They're all based on Unix.

Give Vista a couple of service pack up grades to iron out all the driver and security bugs before you condemn it.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2007, 12:45:23 AM by Gunner80 » Logged

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #63 on: February 07, 2007, 08:29:11 AM »

I was hoping to get Vista on a new laptop in the upcoming weeks/months. Is it really not worth it? I won't be using it for much really, just Internet usage, maybe the occasional game and Word documents etc.
meanmachine73
Rocker

« Reply #64 on: February 07, 2007, 11:47:24 AM »

My frustration is that Vista can't get their act together for it's launch drives me crazy. Why wait for service pack upgrades, they have the money and resource to ensure that it works 100%. Would the world be so bad if vista had been delayed 12 months to get the damn thing working?

Keep em under your wheels.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #65 on: February 07, 2007, 01:42:09 PM »

Bill Gates needs to make that next billion quicker. Holding off on vista to work out the bugs would cost Microsoft more money.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: