Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 10:35:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227915 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Kurt Cobain- What would he be doing if he were alive today?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Kurt Cobain- What would he be doing if he were alive today?  (Read 14784 times)
WhiteRose
Rocker

Here Today...

« on: February 23, 2007, 09:37:44 PM »

Well, I tried posting the article, but apparently it exceeds the maximum number of characters allowed.? ?Undecided

Anyway, I found this to be a very interesting read and ultimately a rather thought provoking question.

Cheers,
W.R.

Here's the link to the article: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1553098/20070222/nirvana.jhtml?rsspartner=rssyahoo
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 09:39:13 PM »

Probably making even crappier music and touring with Nickelback.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2007, 10:06:53 PM »

lol that or doing a line of crack out of Courtny loves ass Tongue thats my guess

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
WhiteRose
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2007, 10:54:35 PM »

With the exception of Scott Weiland, it would seem that Kurt is the most reviled person on any GNR forum... I've never understood that, nor do I want to.? The man was musical genius who almost single handedly changed the entire landscape of music with just twelve songs.? Perhaps some of you weren't around when that happened.? Show a little respect people.
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2007, 11:00:37 PM »

With the exception of Scott Weiland, it would seem that Kurt is the most reviled person on any GNR forum... I've never understood that, nor do I want to.? The man was musical genius who almost single handedly changed the entire landscape of music with just twelve songs.? Perhaps some of you weren't around when that happened.? Show a little respect people.

I was very much around during that time period and it sickened me then as it did now.  Out of all those Seattle bands, Nirvana was the one who got all the attention because of that little depressed nancy.  Soundgarden, Pearl Jam and AIC were all > Nirvana. 
I'll give you one thing....he did change the entire landscape of music.....he fertilized it with crap.  A musical genius I think not...more a poster boy for the depressed youth who grew tired of the 80's.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2007, 11:03:22 PM »

I'm sure Kurt would've made a dynamite Taco Bell cashier if he were alive today afetr Grunge ended and Courtney used up all his cash on crack.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2007, 11:34:06 PM »

I was very much around during that time period and it sickened me then as it did now.? Out of all those Seattle bands, Nirvana was the one who got all the attention because of that little depressed nancy.? Soundgarden, Pearl Jam and AIC were all > Nirvana.?
I'll give you one thing....he did change the entire landscape of music.....he fertilized it with crap.? A musical genius I think not...more a poster boy for the depressed youth who grew tired of the 80's.

dude i can't agree more with you there man. And that dude is right up there i wasn't around but that doesn't mean i dont know the story of it.

i dont much care for them because they mainly focused on the *says in winy bitch voice* "i'm 16 and i hate my parents and i wear flannel because i'm depressed and i wanna kill my self and no body loves me so i'm listening this gay ass song that no one understands to show my depression blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah" SHUT THE FUCK UP rant

i can listen to them for about 2 maybe 3 songs before i wanna break what ever record is in the deck. I think that Nirvanna stands for stoners more today than depressed mo-fo's because at my school all the stoners have a nirvanna t-shirt in there closet, garentee it.

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2007, 05:13:28 AM »

for him,there were no posibillity to stay alive

I have never seen so many tree
Mr Rage
Rocker

My Friends Call Me ACE!!!!!

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2007, 05:20:30 AM »

him and pete Doherty the same, u damn right! there both complete and total fuck-wits!

A World Without BASS is.....CHAOS
GeraldFord
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2007, 06:46:23 AM »

No offense, but why should people show "respect." People are entitled to their opinions.
MJ23
VIP

KING OF AUDIO

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2007, 06:55:22 AM »

This is by far one of best replies I have seen in the last years.
Bro, I couldn't have said it better.
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2007, 09:39:08 AM »

Oh man, so many great names in music, spoken in comparison to Kurt Cobain ! Such a blasphemy!!!!

The man was a zero, Nirvana was a mediocre band at most, that got big because it fitted in the pessimism of the time, and became legendary because the idiot blew his brains!

If he was alive he and his band would had been as ridiculous as  Frankie Goes to Hollywood, because their music, instead of becoming "legendary" and "the voice of a generation", would had been just another thing that came and went...

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
BBF Rocks
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2007, 09:40:55 AM »

Oh man, so many great names in music, spoken in comparison to Kurt Cobain ! Such a blasphemy!!!!

The man was a zero, Nirvana was a mediocre band at most, that got big because it fitted in the pessimism of the time, and became legendary because the idiot blew his brains!

? ?If he was alive he and his band would had been as ridiculous as? Frankie Goes to Hollywood, because their music, instead of becoming "legendary" and "the voice of a generation", would had been just another thing that came and went...

*co-signs*

kurt cobain was a fucking loser.
he would be a has-been, just like he wrongfully made axl out to be.
nirvana made one decent song, "smells like teen spirit", the rest is material i could fall asleep to.
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2007, 11:40:54 AM »

Hanging out with Axl in LA.  Tongue

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2007, 12:03:35 PM »

probably some another great records, as a solo artist or with nirvana.
he was an amazing songwriter and singer.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2007, 01:25:53 PM »

This is by far one of best replies I have seen in the last years.
Bro, I couldn't have said it better.

Yeah, that was a really well thought out reply Roll Eyes If Kurt didn't want to tour with GNR back in the day, why the hell would he tour with fuqsticks like Nickelback?

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2007, 01:37:15 PM »

With the exception of Scott Weiland, it would seem that Kurt is the most reviled person on any GNR forum... I've never understood that, nor do I want to.  The man was musical genius who almost single handedly changed the entire landscape of music with just twelve songs.  Perhaps some of you weren't around when that happened.  Show a little respect people.
I liked Kurt back in the day and I was a Nirvana fan but to call Kurt a musical genius is too much IMO. He just represented a depressed inconformism and headed a musical movement,Grunge, but I don?t consider him a musical genius.

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2007, 02:25:23 PM »

Yeah, I have nothing against Kurt personally....whatever issues he had oh well.....but the guy was far from a fucking musical genius.  He was more of someone that the whiney shits who were getting beat up by the football team could empathize with.  As far as being a great guitarist....I couldn't believe that some magazine actually fucking voted him the best guitarist of all time (I think it was Rolling Stone or something).  That to me was the final slap in the face.  When you have overlooked guitarists like Scott Gorham of Thin Lizzy who had more ability in their little finger than Kurt did getting put on the backburner because of some fad then what can you say.  Kurt to me was nothing more than a poster boy for generation x...a scruffy nerd who wore sweaters and chuck taylors.  Throw in some crappy music and an obsession with depression and boom bam, you have a formula for his success.

BBF Rocks
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2007, 02:36:00 PM »

Kurt to me was nothing more than a poster boy for generation x...a scruffy nerd who wore sweaters and chuck taylors.? Throw in some crappy music and an obsession with depression and boom bam, you have a formula for his success.

true words, if he hadn't been a coward and shot himself in the head and left a wife and kids behind, he would not be the "legend" that he is.
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2007, 03:00:25 PM »

Kurt to me was nothing more than a poster boy for generation x...a scruffy nerd who wore sweaters and chuck taylors.  Throw in some crappy music and an obsession with depression and boom bam, you have a formula for his success.

true words, if he hadn't been a coward and shot himself in the head and left a wife and kids behind, he would not be the "legend" that he is.
Although I  consider suicide as an act of cowardice too, I also think we shouldn?t judge people who commit suicide. Nobody really knows these people?s issues or why they decided to end their lives.

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: