Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 11:43:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227852 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  France opens secret UFO files covering 50 years
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: France opens secret UFO files covering 50 years  (Read 10376 times)
WhiteRose
Rocker

Here Today...

« on: March 22, 2007, 01:21:42 PM »

France opens secret UFO files covering 50 years

by Marlowe Hood

PARIS (AFP) - France became the first country to open its files on UFOs Thursday when the national space agency unveiled a website documenting more than 1,600 sightings spanning five decades.

The online archives, which will be updated as new cases are reported, catalogues in minute detail cases ranging from the easily dismissed to a handful that continue to perplex even hard-nosed scientists.

"It is a world first," said Jacques Patenet, the aeronautical engineer who heads the office for the study of "non-identified aerospatial phenomena."

Known as OVNIs in French, UFOs have always generated intense interest along with countless conspiracy theories about secretive government cover-ups of findings deemed too sensitive or alarming for public consumption.

"Cases such as the lady who reported seeing an object that looked like a flying roll of toilet paper" are clearly not worth investigating, said Patenet.

But many others involving multiple sightings -- in at least one case involving thousands of people across France -- and evidence such as burn marks and radar trackings showing flight patterns or accelerations that defy the laws of physics are taken very seriously.

A phalanx of beefy security guards formed a barrier in front of the space agency (CNES) headquarters where the announcement was made, "to screen out uninvited UFOlogists," an official explained.

Of the 1,600 cases registered since 1954, nearly 25 percent are classified as "type D", meaning that "despite good or very good data and credible witnesses, we are confronted with something we can't explain," Patenet said.

On January 8, 1981 outside the town of Trans-en-Provence in southern France, for example, a man working in a field reported hearing a strange whistling sound and seeing a saucer-like object about 2.5 meters (eight feet) in diameter land in his field about 50 meters (yards) away.

A dull-zinc grey, the saucer took off, he told police, almost immediately, leaving burn marks. Investigators took photos, and then collected and analyzed samples, and to this day no satisfactory explanation has been made.

The nearly 1,000 witness who said they saw flashing lights in the sky on November 5, 1990, by contrast, had simply seen a rocket fragment falling back into earth's atmosphere.

Patenet's answer to questions about evidence of life beyond Earth was sure to inflame the suspicions of those convinced the government is holding back: "We do not have the least proof that extra-terrestrials are behind the unexplained phenomena."

But then he added: "Nor do we have the least proof that they aren't."

The CNES fields between 50 and 100 UFO reports ever year, usually written up by police. Of these, 10 percent are the object of on-site investigations, Patenet said.

Other countries collect data more or less systematically about unidentified flying objects, notably in Britain and in the United States, where information can be requested on a case-by-case basis under the Freedom of Information Act.

"But we decided to do it the other way around and made everything available to the public," Patenet said.

The aim was to make it easier for scientists and other UFO buffs to access the data for research.

The website itself -- which crashed host servers hours after it was unveiled due to heavy traffic -- is extremely well organized and complete, even including scanned copies of police reports.

To visit the website: www.cnes-geipan.fr.

Link to article: http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20070322/wl_afp/sciencespaceufo;_ylt=AsOGlfyBr6QGKR0J5Wkm638DW7oF

Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 04:43:24 PM »

Website doesn't load for me.
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 05:33:20 PM »

now if only Area 51 undoes some shit we'd know all  Lips Sealed nervous

if i'm not here tomarrow you know why.........

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
VIP

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2007, 05:40:36 PM »

you are on vacation?
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2007, 05:51:57 PM »

So, 50 years and 1600 cases and the best they can do is "well, 25% of the cases couldn't be readily explained."

Those aliens sure are good at covering their tracks.
Edward Rose
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2007, 08:25:50 PM »

I've been interested in the subject since 1992, when I had my first UFO sighting.

The sighting occured over the skies of New York City on a cold November night. I guess it could have been classified as a "Mass Sighting," but nothing was ever on the news or in the paper. It was really fucking mad. Besides the ufo's I saw, I could clearly see accross New York Bay where they were launching unplanned fireworks near the Brooklyn Bridge. I could also see clearly that MISSILES were being fired much HIGHER in the sky and a few degrees to the right of the fireworks show. Lasted about 5 minutes.

But my interest wasn't necesarily sparked on that November night, even though what I saw was fucking insane, and even though every Brooklyn and Manhattan fire department I went to the next day refused to acknowledge the fireworks the night before.

It wasn't until 8 months later when articles began showing up in UFO magazines that were talking about "a ufo that was shot down in Long Island, NY." The crash supposedly occured 40 miles east of where I saw the action, and the crash just happened to occur on the same night as my sighting. They supposedly brought the wreckage and bodies to Brookhaven National Laboratories in Brookhaven, Long Island. Here's a picture of one of the aliens that was supposedly captured. The pic was "smuggled" out of the installation...

I never officially reported my sighting because I recognized a simple logical fact; If what I saw was real, I wouldn't live long enough to finish explaining what I saw that night.

Since then I've learned some things that would surprise even most ufo buffs. Among them...

1. The Visitors are the ones who have wanted it to be kept secret all this time. The governemnt (at least the U.S.) has no say in this matter, their hands are tied, and they simply PRETEND to be in control and PRETEND to be the ones keeping the secret. The truth would scare the shit out of everyone reading this.

2. The classic "Anal Probe" is a medical device, and if you've ever gotten one, you're probably still alive even though you should have died by now of a disease or other health problem. (Think about how ironic it is... 20 years later, people are now WILLINGLY going to the DOCTOR to get a similar medical procedure hihi )

3. At least one group of Visitors regard England in a different manner than most other countries. (Hence the mammoth-sized crop formations)

4. Ever since shortly after the Manned Moon Missions, we haven't been ALLOWED to send men and women to the Moon again. (The Visitors also destroyed at least one U.S. Mars probe and one Russian Mars probe) The same goes for no Manned Missions allowed to go to Mars. Nasa has covered this up for much of the last 25 years by pretending to be disinterested in Manned Missions to The Moon or Mars. It all relates to government's sick obsession with war machines.

You all can laugh at this and flame me, but I'll be the one to get the last laugh... that's a promise.  hihi

And by the way... technology always eventually leaks down to us... like Number 2 and the bold above  rofl

http://rense.com/ufo4/slayton.htm
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 08:40:29 PM by Edward Rose » Logged
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2007, 08:55:52 PM »

you are on vacation?

hahaha omg Rubber Bullets is fucking hilarious.
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2007, 11:15:38 PM »

I've been interested in the subject since 1992, when I had my first UFO sighting.

The sighting occured over the skies of New York City on a cold November night. I guess it could have been classified as a "Mass Sighting," but nothing was ever on the news or in the paper. It was really fucking mad. Besides the ufo's I saw, I could clearly see accross New York Bay where they were launching unplanned fireworks near the Brooklyn Bridge. I could also see clearly that MISSILES were being fired much HIGHER in the sky and a few degrees to the right of the fireworks show. Lasted about 5 minutes.

But my interest wasn't necesarily sparked on that November night, even though what I saw was fucking insane, and even though every Brooklyn and Manhattan fire department I went to the next day refused to acknowledge the fireworks the night before.

It wasn't until 8 months later when articles began showing up in UFO magazines that were talking about "a ufo that was shot down in Long Island, NY." The crash supposedly occured 40 miles east of where I saw the action, and the crash just happened to occur on the same night as my sighting. They supposedly brought the wreckage and bodies to Brookhaven National Laboratories in Brookhaven, Long Island. Here's a picture of one of the aliens that was supposedly captured. The pic was "smuggled" out of the installation...

I never officially reported my sighting because I recognized a simple logical fact; If what I saw was real, I wouldn't live long enough to finish explaining what I saw that night.

Since then I've learned some things that would surprise even most ufo buffs. Among them...

1. The Visitors are the ones who have wanted it to be kept secret all this time. The governemnt (at least the U.S.) has no say in this matter, their hands are tied, and they simply PRETEND to be in control and PRETEND to be the ones keeping the secret. The truth would scare the shit out of everyone reading this.

2. The classic "Anal Probe" is a medical device, and if you've ever gotten one, you're probably still alive even though you should have died by now of a disease or other health problem. (Think about how ironic it is... 20 years later, people are now WILLINGLY going to the DOCTOR to get a similar medical procedure hihi )

3. At least one group of Visitors regard England in a different manner than most other countries. (Hence the mammoth-sized crop formations)

4. Ever since shortly after the Manned Moon Missions, we haven't been ALLOWED to send men and women to the Moon again. (The Visitors also destroyed at least one U.S. Mars probe and one Russian Mars probe) The same goes for no Manned Missions allowed to go to Mars. Nasa has covered this up for much of the last 25 years by pretending to be disinterested in Manned Missions to The Moon or Mars. It all relates to government's sick obsession with war machines.

You all can laugh at this and flame me, but I'll be the one to get the last laugh... that's a promise.? hihi

And by the way... technology always eventually leaks down to us... like Number 2 and the bold above? rofl

http://rense.com/ufo4/slayton.htm

You've gotta be fucking kidding me.

I heard that Nasa was planning on manned missions to mars and the moon in the next couple of years and also what where the names of the probes that were lost to the visitors? and what part of the universe did they come from? I'm not making fun of you i'm just asking questions cause i am a firm believer that they exist but why wouldn't they want us to know that they are here?

are they cool or do they want to kill us? do they have cures for different sicknesses like Cancer or Aids?
Huh

PS. if your just some smart ass well....nice one ok

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Edward Rose
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2007, 11:26:59 PM »

I'm not making fun of you i'm just asking questions cause i am a firm believer that they exist but why wouldn't they want us to know that they are here?

What could possibly be learned in life if you woke up tomorrow and had all the answers and all the cures?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2007, 12:46:35 AM »

D was anally probed by an alien that was disguised as his second cousin "Chip".

Upon further investigation, it turned out it was just his second cousin Chip.
Edward Rose
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2007, 12:50:21 AM »

2. The classic "Anal Probe" is a medical device, and if you've ever gotten one, you're probably still alive even though you should have died by now of a disease or other health problem. (Think about how ironic it is... 20 years later, people are now WILLINGLY going to the DOCTOR to get a similar medical procedure   hihi )

Ooops. My bad. It's been more like FORTY years since the first anal probe was reported.... and at least 20 years later that people started to hear about the benefits of a colonic.

http://altmedicine.about.com/od/coloncleanse/a/colonic.htm
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 12:52:48 AM by Edward Rose » Logged
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2007, 12:53:50 AM »

I'm not making fun of you i'm just asking questions cause i am a firm believer that they exist but why wouldn't they want us to know that they are here?

What could possibly be learned in life if you woke up tomorrow and had all the answers and all the cures?

dont get all Mysterion on me and give me word play, just give me a strait up answer. Please.

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Edward Rose
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2007, 02:43:29 AM »

dont get all Mysterion on me and give me word play, just give me a strait up answer. Please.

Sorry. I didn't mean to sound cryptic. I just don't have ALL the answers. I only know what I've learned personally or what people on the inside have told me.

The U.S. Mars probe was the one that was on the news several years ago as "malfunctioning" and being lost/crashed. The Russian one didn't get as much mainstream media, but it took a picture of a huge object approaching it right before its last transmission.

The question about intentions is a difficult one. If you were looking down on a civilisation that just wants to lob missiles at each other... and even lob missiles at YOU (being the hypothetical visitors), than what would YOU think? You'd probably think something like, "Well these people need to take their government back from the power-hungry war mongers and oil companies who have taken them over."

So I'd imagine the governemnt would see them as a threat, but you might not. It's hard to answer a question like that because I'm not sure how you see the world around you. Depends what country you live in too. The discussion could also get too politcal and then the flamers will come. It's bad enough we're talking about aliens and missiles flying over the skies of New York City.

I just wanted to share a life-altering experience of mine, and a few things I know to be true on the subject of these "Visitors," which have probably been here all along and wouldn't really make them visitors at all. My father was in the U.S. Airforce and later did top secret aviation electronics for a company called Bendix. So I was raised from the perspective of already knowing they are here. But still, the thing over NYC was quite shocking.
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2007, 02:49:25 AM »

The Russian one didn't get as much mainstream media, but it took a picture of a huge object approaching it right before its last transmission.

That couldn't have perhaps been a picture of whatever it crashed into, by any chance? Like, say for example, if you were about to smash headfirst into a giant space rock, wouldn't it look a lot like something huge was approaching you? And you probably wouldn't send out too many transmissions after being smashed into millions of tiny pieces of space-junk.

Seems worth considering.
Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2007, 06:31:23 AM »

One of the main reasons NASA just doesn't up and go to the moon is because they don't have a proper rocket to do it. They also do not have the plans to build one, because the plans for the Saturn 5 Rocket were destroyed in a routine housecleaning.

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2007, 06:57:37 AM »

One of the main reasons NASA just doesn't up and go to the moon is because they don't have a proper rocket to do it. They also do not have the plans to build one, because the plans for the Saturn 5 Rocket were destroyed in a routine housecleaning.
i hope that was sarcasm hihi

GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2007, 05:06:44 PM »

Edward Rose:
ok i remember hearing about a mars probe being labled as malfunction a while ago now that you mention it. I forget its name....galileo? Undecided or however you spell it.

The Russian Probe i've heard of too but didn't know that it was one that was lost, however, i have heard that it crash landed in a part of Mars thats uncharted.

One more question and i'll leave you alone. The way you're talking its almost like your saying that they controll us basically? am i wrong there?

btw i'm from a small town south of Omaha, NE? Cheesy Sad

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Edward Rose
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2007, 10:07:21 PM »

That couldn't have perhaps been a picture of whatever it crashed into, by any chance? Like, say for example, if you were about to smash headfirst into a giant space rock, wouldn't it look a lot like something huge was approaching you? And you probably wouldn't send out too many transmissions after being smashed into millions of tiny pieces of space-junk.

Seems worth considering.

Yes it was considered. But the object was 13 miles accross, and considering how low and close to Mars' surface it was, it would have impacted shortly after and EVERY amateur astronomer on Earth would have know about it.

Quote from: Sin Cut link

This is Chip

img ***Picture of some redneck taking a crap***/img

And that picture-post is one of the reasons and answers as to why you won't see them any time soon. The few interested people here and elswhere online, would like to thank you for helping to f**k it up for 6 billion people  rofl
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 12:31:22 AM by Edward Rose » Logged
Edward Rose
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2007, 10:15:21 PM »

Edward Rose:
ok i remember hearing about a mars probe being labled as malfunction a while ago now that you mention it. I forget its name....galileo  Undecided or however you spell it.

The Russian Probe i've heard of too but didn't know that it was one that was lost, however, i have heard that it crash landed in a part of Mars thats uncharted.

One more question and i'll leave you alone. The way you're talking its almost like your saying that they controll us basically? am i wrong there?

btw i'm from a small town south of Omaha, NE  Cheesy Sad

The Russian probe was called "Phobos." (Pronounced Foh-boh-s)

They don't control us. We have free will. We have all the Right in the world to sit back and let our leaders carry us to hell in a hand basket. And other people have every Right in the world to poke fun at the most important subject in our history besides global warming.

I can't answer your question about "Control" in a proper way, without making what some would consider to be "Political statements." And then the discussion will get even uglier than some guy sitting on a toilet taking a crap. The only control being exerted on us is due to the decisions and hostile stance that our leaders decided to take with the Visitors. The reason they made those decisions is where it gets political.

FWIW; One of the most active UFO hotspots right now is near Leeds in England.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 12:35:01 AM by Edward Rose » Logged
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2007, 06:44:39 AM »

Yes it was considered. But the object was 13 miles accross, and considering how low and close to Mars' surface it was, it would have impacted shortly after and EVERY amateur astronomer on Earth would have know about it.

What was the official verdict?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: