Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 07:14:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227925 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Message from Merck and Axl
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Message from Merck and Axl  (Read 69550 times)
Evolution
« Reply #120 on: November 08, 2006, 07:23:23 AM »

Great post to wake up to  ok
Dickeye
Someone's always gotta be a dick
Rocker

Sittin' in a Chinese stew...

« Reply #121 on: November 08, 2006, 07:32:00 AM »

Thank You beer

....To view my disinfatuation...

13/12/2008 - Hung out with Bumblefoot!
flickn
« Reply #122 on: November 08, 2006, 07:32:10 AM »

thanxs for the post and clarification , bring on janaury 10 th !
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #123 on: November 08, 2006, 07:47:37 AM »

With all the "He said, she said" concerning GN'R, it's so hard to pick the bullshit out. Undecided

We're the good guys and they're the bad guys.

Oh well.....on with the show.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
rogernebert
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #124 on: November 08, 2006, 07:47:55 AM »

And sorry - but how do fans' uncensored views and opinions create "chaos and confusion?" Many of the fans - a large majority of them actually - have been going to the shows. They're not just sitting behind their computers.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #125 on: November 08, 2006, 07:51:34 AM »

Thanks Merck, Axl, and jarmo.

Merck's (and Axl's) message is pretty much exactly what I said yesterday in the thread on the subject.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #126 on: November 08, 2006, 07:52:57 AM »

I have to say that this was a class act from Merck and Axl! When we are thinking, that they have all the reasons not to say anything about the cancellation but they choosed to give some inside info about it..

I hope all these negative posters will now stop bitching about the whole situation.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #127 on: November 08, 2006, 07:59:23 AM »

And sorry - but how do fans' uncensored views and opinions create "chaos and confusion?" Many of the fans - a large majority of them actually - have been going to the shows. They're not just sitting behind their computers.

Well, this board is being read mostly by fans.

However, some of the people who read this board write on magazines, webzines and media in general. If they read shit, they'll write shit.

That causes chaos and confusion.

Death Cube K
« Reply #128 on: November 08, 2006, 08:03:54 AM »

However, some of the people who read this board write on magazines, webzines and media in general. If they read shit, they'll write shit.

Especially when it comes to GNR, a rather less informative band when it comes to press and media, this is a very important issue and everyone should understand it.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #129 on: November 08, 2006, 08:04:57 AM »

I can't help but agree with everything in this communication from the band. Call me an ass kisser if you want but I can totally understand how they wouldn't want confusion created by people who have no idea what their talking about.

It's so much better to be in a situation that you know is factual. I continue to hope (and believe) that things will be back on track tonight as scheduled. I know SO many people who I personally have talked into giving this band another chance that are going to be at the Palace on November 25.

My friends and I all work retail and the weekend is hell on all of us. I believe in and love this band enough to have convinced almost all of them that spending $75, driving out to the Palace now matter what the weather conditions and going no matter how tired they are will be worth it. If people are spreading things such as "shows are cancelled when ticket sales are low" then that jeopardizes future ticket sales in my opinion.

In the end I very much appreciate the information from Merck and Axl. It does help cement my belief that things will go on as planned and we'll all get our shows for the rest of the tour. Hopefully some news will come soon on a single and album and then everyone's individual complaints will be gone I believe.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Death Cube K
« Reply #130 on: November 08, 2006, 08:08:12 AM »

The management saw a potential disaster forming (with Vancouver and Philly in mind) and this time backed off from it. They did it because of you, the fans and for the band. Of course they are very edgy when it comes to these issues. They do, unlike others, learn from history.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #131 on: November 08, 2006, 08:11:40 AM »

Nice to wake up to this. Thanks to Axl, Merck, and Jarmo for straightening some things out. The fact Axl & Merck took the time to post here hopefully puts to bed the rumors that have been flying around.  More importantly, maybe it will shut up  the haters post so much garbage lately.

Those of us who are here for the right reasons are here foir the same reason- the love of this band, the desire for their success and a sort of support system while waiting for new music from GNR. (We do have impeccable musical taste. hihi)

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #132 on: November 08, 2006, 08:22:21 AM »

thank you jarmo (i knew that ticket sales wasn't reason)

P.S> man conrat,your site become a official"

I have never seen so many tree
AylaRose28
Rocker

I've got a wicked demon...

« Reply #133 on: November 08, 2006, 08:25:14 AM »

As I've said before, I love Gnr News at 8am...waking up to postive Gnr stuff rules all.

As one of the "negative nancy's" against Jarmo..as much as I still think you're a cockblocker on the thread deletion issue sometimes..I can give respect when its warranted. And this is one of those times.

KUDOS for getting this out to us. I posted right before bed last night in the Beta thread, we need to respect those around Axl...and be happy we are getting press releases and communication. People were still bitching. Now, Axl and Co have gone WAY BEYOND what we are used to. Please don't ruin this guys....this open communication is gonna be key to making Chi Dem a success and letting Axl know how much we appreciate him.

Now onward and upward! MSG is gonna so rock for you guys....thanks again Jarmo..ya big poopie head Tongue

AylaRose

This melody inside of me still searches for solution...
nooz
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #134 on: November 08, 2006, 08:25:23 AM »

If there is a band in the World I feel this situation could happen to it's Guns and Roses.

Particularly the night before elections in a region of the world that is so polarized (MAINE).

I have not traveled and criss-crossed the world and after seeing the show I saw last week I felt like something was terribly wrong for this decision to be made.

Shows at bad venues where they harass the fans is not a fun experience and they do happen (been to a few).

An averted disaster causing disappointment is better than a traumatic experience.

I for one think it was the right call and saw many impassioned post of support intermingled with the negative post. ?Not everyone was fire bombing Jarmo and the band.
peter
Opening Act

Like a lot, love GN'R

« Reply #135 on: November 08, 2006, 08:28:26 AM »

We have come a long way, I would never believe that Axl would adress online comunity so directly (even via Merck) and almost personally (mentioning Jarmo)... nice gesture, I think this will shut all the doubters!

GN'R online comunity is very big, it's not only 300 ?Cool i know that they know Wink

Thanks Axl, Merck and Jarmo! Can't wait for the record. 7 weeks...

Long live GN'R!
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #136 on: November 08, 2006, 08:30:22 AM »

We have come a long way, I would never believe that Axl would adress online comunity so directly (even via Merck) and almost personally (mentioning Jarmo)... nice gesture, I think this will shut all the doubters!

GN'R online comunity is very big, it's not only 300  Cool i know that they know Wink

Thanks Axl, Merck and Jarmo! Can't wait for the record. 7 weeks...

Long live GN'R!

i think he was basically talking about people sitting in front of their computers during the shows....   and i doubt that more than 300 people do that....   

or he was talking about whiners.... who knows  mysteron? nervous

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #137 on: November 08, 2006, 08:31:33 AM »

When there is a discussion thread going on durring a concert and it is filled with... "WTF? when are we gonna hear CITR, this Appetite shit is BS" or "How many times do we have to re-hash 1989" or "Steve the Lawyer told me that a bathroom attendant said Maine sold 45 tickets and Axl threw a fit and beat up a criplled kid then flew back to NY"

Those are people who didn't attend that show talking about things that they have no idea about. You dont know why something happened and you don't know how the crowd feels. Sure i appreciate the people sharing updates but most of the times they are so into the show they are missing things. We had 3 different people telling us different things about who was drumming durring the Estero show.
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #138 on: November 08, 2006, 08:33:31 AM »

That was great - this was exactly what I was looking for yesterday, and they delivered it. Thanks guys! It's a real relief to know that they would take the time to do this - it really renews my faith.
italysfinest1985
Rocker

Riding on the night train...

« Reply #139 on: November 08, 2006, 08:34:10 AM »

I am sick of the negative shit. All you piece of shit whiners can leave the board. Thank you Axl and Merck!

Guns N Roses Custom Reunion Trailer (Axl & Slash)
https://youtu.be/7NdNrNslYkU
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: