Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 01:34:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227928 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  SOiL
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: SOiL  (Read 2149 times)
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« on: April 28, 2004, 11:14:10 AM »

Ok this thread is for the band SOiL (Obviously).  I bought their album 'Scars' after hearing 'Halo' like most did and thought it was good, not great but good.  Recently though i got their new album 're.de.fine' and i must say it is class track by track it rocks.  The single 'Redefine','Can You Heal Me' and 'Pride' are probably the 3 top tracks on the album but seriously it's all good and worth getting.  So what does everyone else think of them then?
MCT
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2004, 11:28:47 AM »

I've only heard "Halo" (Studio version) and the live version with Zakk Wylde..........

I like the tune...........but can only stomach it when I'm in a certain mood..........

I didn't think it was quite good enough for me to buy an album.................

Ric0
Opening Act

crawling in the dark

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2004, 08:11:46 AM »

i would have to agree with stoned here. the new album redefine does contain a shit load of decent tracks such as pride,redefine, can you heal me. Well worth a look one of the better up and coming new metal bands that ive heard in ages.
Me and stoned had an opportunity to go and see them in the u.k but at that time we hadnt really heard of them, tickets were cheap but we never took advantage... my god aint i kicking myself now.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2004, 06:57:59 PM »

I don't go on SOiL's website for a few months and when i do go back on i find out vocalist Ryan McCombs has left for family reasons.  I'm pissed off the band had really got it together on their latest album, it's a tremendous effort and to lose Ryan McCombs is awful.  Surprisingly the band is remaining together and will be auditioning people to fill the spot.  Still i'm hoping Ryan may return Undecided
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2004, 12:12:17 PM »

Yeah I really dig Soil they are a really cool band I heard some the Scars album pretty cool stuff

EEEERRRR Little boy
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2006, 06:04:45 PM »

New Album - True Self

UK - March 27th
US - May 2nd

If you got to their website (www.soil-music.com), you can hear their new song Fight For Life.

I wasn't at all impressed.  Their new singer just isn't in the same league as Ryan McCombs.

The track sounds really dull and boring and is nothing compared to anything on their other albums.

I really hope this is the weakest track and that the others ones are a lot better or i could see this being their LAST album....
benchiefjr
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2006, 02:06:47 PM »

Just in case you didn't know McCombs is now in Drowning Pool...they're both now even worse than before  rant
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2006, 03:46:37 PM »

Just in case you didn't know McCombs is now in Drowning Pool...they're both now even worse than before? rant
Seriously? What happened to the second vocalist?

And why did he join Drowning Pool instead of rejoining Soil if it was only family problems?

2 years ago at Download i was really looking forward to seeing Soil but their damn Coach broke down and they never made it that day.  They tried to slot them in the next day, they performed Bodies near the end of Drowning Pool's set with them then did Halo on their own, pretty cool to see.....
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: