Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 06:47:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Goodbye Ron (???)
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 125 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Goodbye Ron (???)  (Read 396224 times)
JeffK
Rocker

« Reply #1860 on: March 25, 2015, 09:12:00 PM »

Bacon that simply is just not true they didn't sell out Montreal and Toronto in 2013 and those were just small venues like three thousand people...

So I don't know what u are talking about with the all mighty Canada...

But hopefully they do play there again soon...Montreal is one of my favorite cities

Those were just 2 shows on their up close and personal tour...which isn't the big huge over the top rock show most people want to see. During their last actual Canadian tour in 2010 most shows were either sold out or just single tickets left and they were all in hockey arenas. Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, Winnipeg, Toronto, Hamilton and Montreal were all packed shows. Saskatoon was 3/4 full and would've been packed if Regina didn't have a show. I'm not mentioning the other shows because I can't remember how well they sold but I'm pretty sure every other show sold very well. I have absolutely no doubt that a Canadian tour would be hugely successful.

2006: Edmonton
2010: Calgary
2010: Saskatoon
2012: Las Vegas (x2)
2014: Las Vegas (x2)
2016: Las Vegas
2016: Toronto
2017: Regina
2017: Edmonton
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1861 on: March 25, 2015, 09:12:51 PM »

Just want to point out something with AC/DC since it has been brought up. They have limited dates in the U.S., which is true. However, they are playing in the BIGGEST markets. Not many bands or musical acts can sell out Giants Stadium (aka Metlife). It takes a very well known and great act to do it!  
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #1862 on: March 25, 2015, 09:14:02 PM »

Just want to point out something with AC/DC since it has been brought up. They have limited dates in the U.S., which is true. However, they are playing in the BIGGEST markets. Not many bands or musical acts can sell out Giants Stadium (aka Metlife). It takes a very well known and great act to do it!  

True.  Stadiums here are very hard to do.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1863 on: March 25, 2015, 09:17:15 PM »

But as I said in the part you forgot to quote (oversight, I'm sure), since when do they care about such things?

Suddenly they are going to feel the need to address follow up questions?  Since when?

You're just assuming you know better than Axl and management.

I didn't mean they need to address follow up questions, I'm saying releasing an update that creates more questions than it answers might not be something they wanna do at this point.
Why can't the free thinkers see that angle?

Yes, I'm aware they are playing stadiums in the biggest markets. But still, over half of the shows are north of the border!
Also, compare to their European tour.... More shows over here.

Maybe it says something about the state of rock music in the USA.....

When did I say I don't want more speculation.  We have plenty of speculation.  What we don't have is answers.

I don't buy into this you can't have a problem unless you have a solution.  Sometimes bad news happens, you deal with it.

We're having this talk again because we've heard nothing new.

Why not just make an assumption based on the facts you got in front of you, and stick with it until we know more. Either you'll be right, or wrong. No big deal really.
Works for most of us. We're not guessing day in and day out whether or not it is or if it isn't.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 09:20:53 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #1864 on: March 25, 2015, 09:21:58 PM »

But as I said in the part you forgot to quote (oversight, I'm sure), since when do they care about such things?

Suddenly they are going to feel the need to address follow up questions?  Since when?

You're just assuming you know better than Axl and management.

I didn't mean they need to address follow up questions, I'm saying releasing an update that creates more questions than it answers might not be something they wanna do at this point.
Why can't the free thinkers see that angle?

Because it sounds flimsy. 

It sounds like you making an excuse.  And over something that really doesn't need one.

Is it just reflexive at this point?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1865 on: March 25, 2015, 09:22:48 PM »

Bacon that simply is just not true they didn't sell out Montreal and Toronto in 2013 and those were just small venues like three thousand people...

But hopefully they do play there again soon...Montreal is one of my favorite cities

I do not consider Toronto part of Canada lol jk

They would do just fine with great success in most cities.  And it is true.  Because it's just my opinion haha
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #1866 on: March 25, 2015, 09:28:15 PM »

My cousin just told me GNR is doing their first DJ set. Is that true? Their new EDM project? April Fools Joke?

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1867 on: March 25, 2015, 09:28:36 PM »

Those were just 2 shows on their up close and personal tour...which isn't the big huge over the top rock show most people want to see. During their last actual Canadian tour in 2010 most shows were either sold out or just single tickets left and they were all in hockey arenas. Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, Winnipeg, Toronto, Hamilton and Montreal were all packed shows. Saskatoon was 3/4 full and would've been packed if Regina didn't have a show. I'm not mentioning the other shows because I can't remember how well they sold but I'm pretty sure every other show sold very well. I have absolutely no doubt that a Canadian tour would be hugely successful.

Guns also played in newfieland and all of the true east coast of Canada.  To almost sell out if not sell outs.  In a tour that was barely promoted

They would make mega coin if they proceeded with another coast to coast tour

Hell the band journey is playing to a near sell out at the arena here.   16000 people

Of coarse ac/dc is playing the stadium here   Probably be 60 000 people there. And it sold out in 45 mins
mortismurphy
« Reply #1868 on: March 25, 2015, 09:30:00 PM »

The DC tour is a bit odd for all sorts of reasons (and this has been talked about a lot). There are tons of German dates yet barely any in the UK and almost none in France. Does that mean DC are bigger in German? Perhaps? Perhaps not? Marginal as the UK traditionally loves ACDC.

I am expecting a return leg.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1869 on: March 25, 2015, 09:30:29 PM »

The city I live in is edmonton, Alberta

Around 1 million people give or take

Ac/dc will be playing in front of 60 000 people here and may actually do another show

It's not always the size of the market.  But how much coin that market has in its pants
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1870 on: March 25, 2015, 09:34:00 PM »

The DC tour is a bit odd for all sorts of reasons (and this has been talked about a lot). There are tons of German dates yet barely any in the UK and almost none in France. Does that mean DC are bigger in German? Perhaps? Perhaps not? Marginal as the UK traditionally loves ACDC.

I am expecting a return leg.

I agree with the world tour dates seeming pretty strange.  I wouldn't be surprised to see another leg added on to this tour.  If the boys can handle it.

I was lucky enough to see them a few years ago. Row 8 just off the side to the stage.   
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1871 on: March 25, 2015, 09:35:29 PM »

When did I say I don't want more speculation.  We have plenty of speculation.  What we don't have is answers.

I don't buy into this you can't have a problem unless you have a solution.  Sometimes bad news happens, you deal with it.

Why not just make an assumption based on the facts you got in front of you, and stick with it until we know more. Either you'll be right, or wrong. No big deal really.
Works for most of us. We're not guessing day in and day out whether or not it is or if it isn't.

/jarmo

If management doesn't want to let the fans know what's going on, we don't have much choice.  Do we.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1872 on: March 25, 2015, 09:40:09 PM »

/jarmo

If management doesn't want to let the fans know what's going on, we don't have much choice.  Do we.

Do you really think management or even most guys in the band know what's going on?  I would say not so much.

Axls mind could change daily

I could see Axl just releasing a album and DJ listening to it.  Saying to himself.  Damn that's a cool song. I wonder if I should learn it.  Hahaha
mortismurphy
« Reply #1873 on: March 25, 2015, 09:41:19 PM »

I can only presume that a certain German promoter made a good sale which DC grabbed. DC have curtailed other markets probably, hopefully, intending to pick them up later on in an extra added leg.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1874 on: March 25, 2015, 09:43:15 PM »

Do you really think management or even most guys in the band know what's going on? 

Jarmo said management knows what's going on.  About 50 pages ago.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1875 on: March 25, 2015, 09:43:43 PM »

I can only presume that a certain German promoter made a good sale which DC grabbed. DC have curtailed other markets probably, hopefully, intending to pick them up later on in an extra added leg.

Playing the Grammies and strong U.S. sales.   I am surprised they are not doing more shows there.  

As week as the USAs rock market is.  Dc seems to be the in thing right now.  So I am sure they would sell huge
mortismurphy
« Reply #1876 on: March 25, 2015, 09:45:54 PM »

DC and Stones. Those two bands are virtually invulnerable to declining American markets.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1877 on: March 25, 2015, 09:47:10 PM »

Do you really think management or even most guys in the band know what's going on? 

Jarmo said management knows what's going on.  About 50 pages ago.

Hahaha.  I am on the vodka right now, so may actually go back in time and try a find that

I am sure management knows what ever Axl tells the he wants to do

Does management have any plans.  Well plans probably just around what Axl wants

I don't know if they go out of there way to push him into things or challenge him   Mb they do

I know if I was sitting in Malibu on a truck of gold.  I would just want to be surrounded by a bunch of yes men myself.   We'll probably yes women lol
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1878 on: March 25, 2015, 09:47:14 PM »

It sounds like you making an excuse.  And over something that really doesn't need one.

It sounds like I'm doing some free thinking!

Why do you think there's no update? Because _____.
Common sense.

"Doesn't want" does not equal not doing it.
I can't run 100m under 10 seconds, doesn't mean I don't want to!

Why do you have such a problem accepting the situation? That there might be a reason, or reasons, for there not being an update? Why is this so hard to grasp?
What if they don't know? What if they will only look at it once there's something to be done? What if they don't wanna announce anything until they're sure about it? All this is too far fetched?

DC and Stones. Those two bands are virtually invulnerable to declining American markets.

It was just pointed out to you that Canada gets more shows than the USA. Europe gets more then those two combined.
Nobody is immune to anything.

Quit fooling yourself, AC/DC troll. Cheesy

/jarmo
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 09:48:49 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1879 on: March 25, 2015, 09:52:56 PM »

I agree! In the NYC area, I would also put Bon Jovi, Bruce Springsteen, Fleetwood Mac, U2, and Billy Joel. Billy Joel has sold out 24 consecutive Madison Square Garden shows. To a lesser extent maybe Foo Fighters since they sold out Citifield.
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 125 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: