Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 12:05:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227860 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Nice Boys Don't Play Rock And Roll
| | |-+  Distortion Pedals
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Distortion Pedals  (Read 9686 times)
Darkburst
Rocker

It's So Easy!

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2004, 04:06:05 PM »

Distortion pedals?

Haven't you lot grown out of them yet?

Wink hehe...

sorry...

I sold all mine (still have a Marshall BluesBreaker but I NEVER use it).

I don't use pedals for drive anymore.  I have the JCM to do all that.

However, my mate in the band, other guitarist, plays the same rig as me and tried messing with a Marshall Guvnor... fact: it doesn't sound as good.  Put it back in the box.

Well I can't really crank my 100w Marshall 2555 in my apartment, only when playing out. So the Guv'nor into a 5w tube amp is perfect for practice. It sounds great at volumes that won't get me kicked out!

Grin
darkmonth
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2004, 04:11:54 PM »

hehe... yeah, I was being a cheeky git.  I have the same issue nowadays, and while I crank that bitch ass Marshall to 10 while I am gigging or practicing with the band, I use Cubase and Amplitube for jamming Tongue

Pviljoen
VIP

Slash is saucy.

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2004, 06:41:49 PM »

Distortion pedals?

Wink hehe...

sorry...

However, my mate in the band, other guitarist, plays the same rig as me and tried messing with a Marshall Guvnor... fact: it doesn't sound as good.  Put it back in the box.

Well I can't really crank my 100w Marshall 2555 in my apartment, only when playing out. So the Guv'nor into a 5w tube amp is perfect for practice. It sounds great at volumes that won't get me kicked out!

Grin

You got a bad cat? If so, did it cost an arm and a leg just for a small one? I nerely bought me a matchless DC 30 but I prefered the bad cat they had in there, but it was not for sale.
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

Everything Louder Than Everything Else

« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2004, 06:59:21 PM »

Distortion pedals?

Wink hehe...

sorry...

I think SRV and Eric Johnson might disagree with you about that pedal thing... Wink

But seriously, there's probably more clipping diodes inside you TSL that in the majority of pedals...which is why a lot of people say an 800 with a tubescreamer sounds better than a TSL.  Before you attack me, I've never tired either, so I can't comment personally...but that seems to be the popular opinion...

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
Darkburst
Rocker

It's So Easy!

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2004, 07:24:53 PM »

The Bad Cat Mini Cat was around $600. It's on the pricey side, but I don't mind putting down money for quality.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2004, 08:43:07 PM »

I have a Marshall Jackhammer (to great distortions and leads):

and a Danelectro T-Bone (to crunch rhythms with the distortion really low):

Never used the Jackhammer's Distortion knob, only used in Overdrive - it sounds so much better. I dunno about the Guv'Nor, I would like to compare with my JH-1.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2004, 08:44:59 PM by Voodoochild » Logged

darkmonth
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2004, 08:51:11 AM »

Distortion pedals?

Wink hehe...

sorry...

I think SRV and Eric Johnson might disagree with you about that pedal thing... Wink

But seriously, there's probably more clipping diodes inside you TSL that in the majority of pedals...which is why a lot of people say an 800 with a tubescreamer sounds better than a TSL.  Before you attack me, I've never tired either, so I can't comment personally...but that seems to be the popular opinion...

Well, it's bullshit.  People who can't get a good sound from the TSL are expecting something else and havent a clue what they are doing.  I used to use JCM800 at band rehearsal and my new TSL is better.  You CAN get the perfect classic hard rock sound, and you can also get a heavier more driven sound

Pedals are fine for some stuff... but my JCM rocks their asses!
SLASH2365
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2004, 10:04:02 PM »

i used my friends Danelectro Fab Tone distortion pedal for a talent show at my high school (which i played guitar in) and to tell you the truth, it kicked ass. It was the best sound ive gotten with a pedal.

"The Blues are realy important, that's where most of the hard rock n' roll came from." - Izzy Stradlin
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2004, 03:37:04 PM »

Anyone ever played a Crowther Hot Cake? They're meant to be the fucking shit.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: