Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 11:59:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227860 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Nice Boys Don't Play Rock And Roll
| | |-+  Half a step down
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Half a step down  (Read 5291 times)
AXL 20
Rocker

Marijuana For President

« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2007, 02:36:47 PM »

I have my orville les paul in half step down for my GNR stuff and my own stuff
Im waiting on my Les Paul copy to come back with a kahler on it for standard and drop D

The legendary guitarist said that he does have some contact with Guns n' Roses singer Axl Rose, however.

"I've actually sent him Christmas cards, just to be cordial, but he never returns anything."
deadtotheworld
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2007, 01:39:07 PM »

Jack49 - An easy way of tuning to E flat is to put a capo on the first fret of the guitar and tune to standard, then when you take the capo off... it will be in e flat.

Or just press the first fret and keep it pressed while you tune. If the intonation is fine on your guitar - it should be spot on.
deadtotheworld
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2007, 01:43:28 PM »

Or tune in standard for starters - then press the 4th fret of the low E and tune your A string to that note. Then press the 5th note on the A string and tune your D string to that note and so on, then when you have tuned the strings up to the high E, return to the low E and press the 5th fret and tune down to the note of the open A.
AXL 20
Rocker

Marijuana For President

« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2007, 04:06:00 PM »

or just get a fucking tuner that works like it should

The legendary guitarist said that he does have some contact with Guns n' Roses singer Axl Rose, however.

"I've actually sent him Christmas cards, just to be cordial, but he never returns anything."
darkmonth
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2007, 12:03:52 PM »

Tuning your guitar up and down fucks around with the tension on the neck. .... .. hence why touring bands etc have multiple guitars for different tunings ... that and speed of changing over ... but the tension thing shouldn't be overlooked...

Anyways ... I tune in E ... I don't jam to GnR much anymore ... I love GnR, but fuck me ... I'm so bored playin the tunes now ... I'm sure I'll get back into it... just can't be bothered at the mo ...
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: