Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 03:13:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227861 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Nice Boys Don't Play Rock And Roll
| | |-+  Riad N' The Bedoins - rhythm guitar cover
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Riad N' The Bedoins - rhythm guitar cover  (Read 11044 times)
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2011, 07:56:37 AM »

they gotta play this fuckin song on the next tour, one of my favourite on the album (minus the long belated intro), i just love the whole feel of the song, its like scraped mixed in with a little of the title track

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2011, 10:20:32 AM »

The song IS awesome. And I've been saying this for exactly 10 years - since I heard the Vegas 01 boot.

It's really a shame they seem unable to play this one. I remember that Tommy said in a radio interview something about that legal issue with the intro preventing them to play it.

Anyways, I can record videos in HD now. I may try to re-record the song with better audio too now. We'll see...

gunns1
Legend

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2011, 10:33:13 PM »

well I suppose they would have no legal issue if they cut the intro all together, and maybe even add something different instead (ala scraped live? ) but they just have to play it, even if its just the one time.

I loved it since vegas as well, I loved his high clean voice doing the 'ohhhhs' very catchy and rockin, definitely great and I think the song would be a lot more peoples favorite minus that intro which is disappointing to know as its the 1 thing holding the song back from being played live.

Irony at its best?

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2011, 07:59:31 AM »

I dunno, I remember when the Vegas bootleg came out how people would call it "eletronica meets industrial". Yet, the song is the closer we got from the AFD era - I mean, the hard rock riffs are all there with all those licks througout the verses. And of course, there's no electronic thing there besides the little pulse intro and some keyboards before the solo.

I like to think that if we had this song on RIR3 (as I was anxiously waiting for by that time - just to be totally bummed about its absense) with the soundboard quality and all the emotional performance of that night people may would like it better. Too much people I know didn't really give the song a chance once it came out in that Vegas boot and had a prejudice about it.

Having said that, I love the Vegas version. Axl's vocals were spot on and you can clearly hear Robin's guitar work in the chorus - IMO, one of his best moments in the new songs. In fact, everyone is shining there - Brain's drums (kudos to Josh Freese's arrangement), Paul Tobias and Tommy riffs, Buckethead shredding, Axl melodies.

Anyways, I found another guy playing the rhythm guitar on this song, it sounds better than mine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKZAI7pgvC0&NR=1

gunns1
Legend

« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2011, 09:30:43 AM »

the best drums out of the whole album are on this song!

One.In.A.Million
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2011, 09:55:41 AM »

I want to add that the melody in this song is just so spiritual and godly. I remember when I first heard this, I was just stuck in that loop of melody for days and days.

And I wish GN'R saw fit to play this live more often, I think it would be badass.  ok
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2011, 01:16:31 PM »

the best drums out of the whole album are on this song!
Agreed 100%. And it fits perfectly to the Black Dog-ish riff. ok

I want to add that the melody in this song is just so spiritual and godly. I remember when I first heard this, I was just stuck in that loop of melody for days and days.

And I wish GN'R saw fit to play this live more often, I think it would be badass.  ok
Me too, as much as I love Brain, I think Frank would make it sound even more heavier.

I'd love to see Ron playing that solo live too. It's one of my favorites.

Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: