Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 12:59:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227841 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  [Updates]March 28th, 2013 Abu Dhabi
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: [Updates]March 28th, 2013 Abu Dhabi  (Read 16225 times)
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2013, 11:18:40 PM »

Seems to me and its just my opinion that this tour tour leg has been more controlled no issues with the ever complaint of time starts etc, seems that maybe they were under more constraints. And instead of bothering to resist to play more etc, they have taking well ok attitude, will will do this much  and move on. I don't think they have any obligation to do 3 hrs , they do longer shows than pretty much any act anyway. But it seems when they have a bit more freedom like Vegas etc, they give more and do more, no pressure if venues only want so much, so fuck it then they get that now. I happen to prefer the later starts and longer shows myself.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2013, 11:20:08 PM »

Guns N' Roses ‏@gunsnroses
Here's a recap of the Abu Dhabi show - http://bit.ly/YWFYSW  - next up #GNRBeirut by @jk58co (IG pic by Kamil712) pic.twitter.com/CwYC8PSwAX

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
AXLGNR123
Opening Act

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2013, 01:02:32 AM »

From a recent interview:

You never see the same show twice," says Ashba. "Really. Even we never know what is going to happen."

rofl
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2013, 04:24:56 AM »

Complaints about the setlist aside, I do wish they would play Street Of Dreams and Sorry again. Even though Catcher seems to have taken Street Of Dreams spot, it would be nice to hear it more than we have been. Same goes for Sorry, I love that damn song and again I hope it makes it back to the set soon. (Never realised the last time this was played was in Palma Spain, at the last European show.)  Shocked
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 04:26:28 AM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2013, 05:40:13 AM »

From a recent interview:

You never see the same show twice," says Ashba. "Really. Even we never know what is going to happen."

rofl

Sounds like wishful thinking, when even solo spots are hardly subject to change.
meanmachine78
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2013, 08:40:00 AM »

It's funny coming from people who are sitting there reading the setlist poking fun how it's the same show over and over again. But if you are at the shows, yeah, the shows are different. I haven't seen them nearly as many times as other people on this board, not to mention as many times as I would like to, but the shows that I have seen are different. Yeah, they may play the same songs, but could be different order, Axl says different things to the crowd, he doesn't do the same schick that other bands do. They don't really have any choreographed moves where it's the same "spot" as you saw the previous show. And even without all of that, their raw energy makes the show. Not to mention in the same thread you have people saying it's the same setlist, then someone says that it seems they dropped Civil War, then someone says "and street of dreams and sorry" and point out that Catcher seems to have taken SOD spot. Plus, again, not nearly as many as I would like, but I have heard a few bootlegs where it's Axl's mic feed (the name is escaping me at the moment, type of bootleg and which show it was) where you hear them going back and fourth about what song to do next or Axl calling out what songs. If it was the same show, same set list over and over again, they wouldn't have to do that. 
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2013, 10:32:02 AM »

i think ashba could vary his moves before cd, jungle and sweet child. he does the same thing every night, which i find kinda lame

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2013, 01:25:48 PM »

It's funny coming from people who are sitting there reading the setlist poking fun how it's the same show over and over again. But if you are at the shows, yeah, the shows are different. I haven't seen them nearly as many times as other people on this board, not to mention as many times as I would like to, but the shows that I have seen are different. Yeah, they may play the same songs, but could be different order, Axl says different things to the crowd, he doesn't do the same schick that other bands do. They don't really have any choreographed moves where it's the same "spot" as you saw the previous show. And even without all of that, their raw energy makes the show. Not to mention in the same thread you have people saying it's the same setlist, then someone says that it seems they dropped Civil War, then someone says "and street of dreams and sorry" and point out that Catcher seems to have taken SOD spot. Plus, again, not nearly as many as I would like, but I have heard a few bootlegs where it's Axl's mic feed (the name is escaping me at the moment, type of bootleg and which show it was) where you hear them going back and fourth about what song to do next or Axl calling out what songs. If it was the same show, same set list over and over again, they wouldn't have to do that. 

EXACTLY! I've seen them 26 times. I've NEVER seen the same show.

Axl is God.
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2013, 01:39:40 PM »

I've seen GN'R 30 times, since 2006 and of course it's not the same show because that's why you go back for more. But I honestly don't see the harm in debating the setlist, in regards to what's been dropped from the set and what songs haven't been played for a few shows, etc. It's what we come here to discuss, we are hardcore fans and those are the kind of things it's our job to obsess about.

Even though I've seen the band 30 times, I will continue to see this GREAT band live as many more times as I can, won't ever stop  hihi. But that doesn't mean that I don't enjoy discussing and debating why certain songs aren't being played, and other factors within the live show.

Not everyone who wants to discuss these things are a hater.  peace
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 01:41:31 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
meanmachine78
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2013, 02:34:39 PM »

Discussion is always good! Helps me see things in a different light or notice things that I didn't catch. My post was more in response to those who were laughing at DJ for saying it's never the same show twice. I was trying to point out that it can not be the same show if people are pointing out how this song was played instead of this song or this was dropped or it's now shorter or whatnot. And to the guy who said DJ has 26 moves, that's maybe so, but it's not like at a certain part of a song we're going "Ok, DJ is gonna do this, Axl does that, Bumbles turns around, Pitman does the twist as Dizzy jumps and does the splits while Tommy is sliding on his knees, Richard is in the background beating the the shit out of his guitar while Frank is watching going "WTF??" and it happens every single nite and the same part of the song. It's not choreographed. They do what feels right at the moment. Sometimes it could be the same every nite, but only because the feeling is the same. It doesn't have to be that way. This isn't a fuckin' Madonna or Bieber or Timberlaker lake show or whoever where it's literally the same every nite (Well, as much as a play, it'll always be slightly different). No, it's not like GnR have an A show, B show and C show that the rotate so it's completely different. But what they are doing right now kicks major ass, I'm fuckin' jealous that they aren't playing by me right now, I'm jealous of you fuckers who have seen them 26 + times!!! and I'll be sure to catch them every single time they hit Chicago! And every show I will have a smile on my face and enjoy the hell out of the show because the only thing that is consistent is that they kick ass every single nite!
dolphins
Rocker

« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2013, 11:00:58 PM »

Axl does the same moves on some songs that he's been doing for years, SCOM you always know what his moves are on certain parts, same with Mr Brownstone and Jungle (Serpentine) - but with those moves who's complaining??  I sit and wait for those moves & curse those that get in the way so I miss them, wonder if he can do the snake dance again for us. Would just love to see that but maybe less layers of clothing is needed for him to perform it.
I hope the layers of clothing are not related to things people have said about his weight, he's not exactly overweight or portly at all. He looks great & still gives a great show even when he's not well. I think their concerts are addictive, especially when some of you have been to 26 or 30 shows - lucky devils.  crying
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2013, 11:19:46 PM »

I've seen GN'R 30 times, since 2006 and of course it's not the same show because that's why you go back for more. But I honestly don't see the harm in debating the setlist, in regards to what's been dropped from the set and what songs haven't been played for a few shows, etc. It's what we come here to discuss, we are hardcore fans and those are the kind of things it's our job to obsess about.

Even though I've seen the band 30 times, I will continue to see this GREAT band live as many more times as I can, won't ever stop  hihi. But that doesn't mean that I don't enjoy discussing and debating why certain songs aren't being played, and other factors within the live show.

Not everyone who wants to discuss these things are a hater.  peace

Hey man, well then you know I'm not knocking you, but you know exactly WHO I am. Smiley There's so many people who just bitch and moan. Wink

Axl is God.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2013, 06:40:26 AM »

Great show in an interesting venue. Next door neighbors include the Abu Dhabi F1 circuit an the Ferrari World.
From the show to the airport and flights home!

What a a great tour it was.
In addition to kick ass GN'R shows, I got to see new places, an F1 race, kangaroos, Neil Young & Crazy Horse and celebrate my birthday at a show....  Cheesy

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: