Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 02:38:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227840 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  [Updates] October 23rd, 2017 Hartford, CT
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: [Updates] October 23rd, 2017 Hartford, CT  (Read 20191 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2017, 08:26:54 AM »

Best setlist of Not in this Lifetime?!?!   peace
Was just missing TWAT, but obviously I was quite pleased with the set.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2017, 08:46:29 AM »

How did Prostitute go down with the crowd? Did people know what it was?

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2017, 09:00:56 AM »

Hard to say from the video but I think it sounded like many knew what is happening.
stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2017, 09:39:25 AM »

What a concert!!  I've seen these guys a lot (on par with a lot of you folks) but that was off the hook, complete with fights, drunks, women being carried away on peoples shoulders, and just general mayhem as a good GNR concert should be.   rofl
I was second row behind the pit, I was so close it was like watching a good 3D movie. 
stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2017, 09:43:13 AM »

Hard to say from the video but I think it sounded like many knew what is happening.

I'd agree with this.  Axl gave a warning that this was going to be a rare one.
stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2017, 09:53:01 AM »

I didn't feel like taking any video, just wanted to watch the show, but I captured this.  It's So Easy. 
https://youtu.be/r5RB9ndk5Zs
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2017, 10:35:28 AM »

What a concert!!  I've seen these guys a lot (on par with a lot of you folks) but that was off the hook, complete with fights, drunks, women being carried away on peoples shoulders, and just general mayhem as a good GNR concert should be.   rofl
I was second row behind the pit, I was so close it was like watching a good 3D movie. 

I rarely go to movies and the only 3D I've ever seen was The Martian.

But that was out of this world ok
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2017, 01:50:51 PM »

I think it shows a lot of balls and confidence to throw a song like Prostitute into the mix at this stage of the game - bravo boys

Hate to state the obvious - but this entire reunion and comeback has been nothing short of amazing and if they ever want to capture the right time and mood to get in the studio and release something with this lineup again - just do it - after this tour, whatever..

They've put the Gn'r name back on top where it belongs
Poops Magee
Headliner

« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2017, 02:22:17 PM »

So close. Excellent until Axl got out of sync with the music at the end. But that was damn tight!

Inland Invasion 09/23/06
Gibson Amphitheater 12/20/06
T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas, 2nd show, 04/09/16
Qualcomm Stadium, 8/22/16
fangbutt
Opening Act

« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2017, 03:00:45 PM »

WOW!

They played the outro for the first time!! Goosebumps.  I have been waiting for nine years to hear that, its so good.
Slash did a great job on the solos.

Makes me want to travel to the a remaining show.
And Maddy too!!!
not really, they didn't go anywhere
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2017, 03:42:23 PM »

So close. Excellent until Axl got out of sync with the music at the end. But that was damn tight!

Yeah, first time they play a new song (especially a cd song) it's a little clunky.  Still great to hear. 

It's funny to think that a lot of folks thought the reunion wouldn't play any CD songs...now they've played more than half the album. 
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2017, 03:47:22 PM »

Yeah, first time they play a new song (especially a cd song) it's a little clunky.  Still great to hear. 

It's funny to think that a lot of folks thought the reunion wouldn't play any CD songs...now they've played more than half the album. 

Apparently folks at MyGNR heard Atlas Shrugged and another song (possibly The General?). Wasn't there a rumor that Slash was recording on Atlas for an upcoming release?  The General was called the "sequel" to Estranged, so it would make sense for Slash to record on that as well. Wonder if they'll give those a try on this current leg.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2017, 03:48:27 PM »

Wow, Prostitute! One of my fave GNR songs, definitely my favourite CD song.

Sounds awesome.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2017, 03:53:59 PM »

Apparently folks at MyGNR heard Atlas Shrugged and another song (possibly The General?). Wasn't there a rumor that Slash was recording on Atlas for an upcoming release?  The General was called the "sequel" to Estranged, so it would make sense for Slash to record on that as well. Wonder if they'll give those a try on this current leg.

Heard as in 'claimed to have heard a demo once' I believe.

I'd be astonished if we ever heard anything of those songs again, let alone them play them on this tour. Crazy talk.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2017, 03:56:09 PM »

I'd be astonished if we ever heard anything of those songs again, let alone them play them on this tour. Crazy talk.

This was more recent. Kaneda (the dude behind the Dr. Pepper campaign) heard them this week and said they were fantastic. I don't know what it means as far as them playing new stuff live, but we've seen before where there's smoke there's sometimes fire as far as what's in the pipes.
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2017, 04:02:44 PM »

loved Prostitute (yeah well, put that way, sounds a bit weird)

great job, they nailed it.

enjoyed the rasp parts of Madagascar too, looks like a great show

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2017, 04:28:27 PM »

Wow, Prostitute! One of my fave GNR songs, definitely my favourite CD song.

Same here!

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2017, 04:34:08 PM »

I wish more videos of prostitute will appear on youtube.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2017, 04:44:35 PM »

This was more recent. Kaneda (the dude behind the Dr. Pepper campaign) heard them this week and said they were fantastic. I don't know what it means as far as them playing new stuff live, but we've seen before where there's smoke there's sometimes fire as far as what's in the pipes.

Im what context did he hear them do you know?

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2017, 04:56:03 PM »

Amazing show. Hearing Prostitute played by this band was a treat!

Hopefully they'll do it again. Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: