Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 11:51:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227842 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  NIN vs GNR
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: NIN vs GNR  (Read 11488 times)
Crazyman
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2006, 02:18:18 AM »

nine inch nails. great band. im a very different fan to the usual NIN fan. i actually enjoy the later stuff more.

Fragile is my fav, and i love with_teeth.

i still think spiral is great too, pretty hate machine is alright, but at selected times of listening.

broken ep rocks, its so damn heavy.
Wow...same exactly with me.

Happiness In Slavery and The Perfect Drug are the songs that got me to listen, and I've been a fan ever since.
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2006, 07:17:12 AM »

nine inch nails. great band. im a very different fan to the usual NIN fan. i actually enjoy the later stuff more.

Fragile is my fav, and i love with_teeth.

i still think spiral is great too, pretty hate machine is alright, but at selected times of listening.

broken ep rocks, its so damn heavy.

Same here, actually.  I consider The Fragile to be the best record of the latter half of the 90s.
VIP

« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2006, 10:09:55 AM »

No game.

GN'R kicks NINs ass.

I hate NIN and Trent Razor.

EDIT: I mean I hate Trent Razor. The others can play, but what they play sucks. Trent Razor is just a fool who Mr T would pity.
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2006, 10:10:59 AM »

Obviously... you don't even know his name. Tongue
AtariLegend
« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2006, 10:16:24 AM »

Trent Razor whats he got to do with this?
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2006, 10:41:42 AM »

Trent Razor.

LMAOOOO  rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

such a simple mistake yet so funny

html sucks
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2006, 06:37:12 AM »

Trank Resner is the best thing that has happened to nu metal since Queen!

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2006, 12:36:34 PM »

I'm a fan of NIN and obviously a fan of GN'R but it's really not fair to NIN to compare them to GN'R on a GN'R forum.  Plus, it's completely different styles of music, which also makes the comparison a little unfair.  Reznor or "Razor", whichever you prefer, is a genius, hands fucking down. I don't think many people with common sense can deny that, whether they enjoy the music or not.  For Christ's sake, the guy pretty much records entire NIN albums on his own and he's even a great producer, Anti-Christ Superstar probably being my favorite album he has produced anyway.  To have a GN'R VS. NIN thread though, is pretty much having a GN'R VS. Trent Reznor thread.  So maybe it would be more interesting to have an Axl VS. Trent thread??  Maybe not though, just a thought.  My favorite NIN album is Pretty Hate Machine, the debut album. That may be a little cliche to say, as MOST people say they prefer the older NIN shit to the most recent, but I just love that album.  I was only 7 when the album came out, so obviously I wasn't rocking the album when it first hit store shelves but I do remember getting The Downward Spiral when it first came out.  I have two older sisters and started out listening to pretty much what they were when I was a little kid, so thank God they had a good taste in music most of the time, because I do remember both of them having this CD as well.  So my introduction to NIN was The Downward Spiral and I remember being completely fascinated and smitten by the album.  Closer, Piggy and Hurt completely blew me away at the time and those songs and many more from that album, still blow me away to this day. At the time I had already been listening to GN'R for a few years and WASN'T nearly as fond of NIN as I was of GN'R, but I still loved that band. So to me, nothing can compare to GN'R and nothing ever will. That band has been with me for such a long time that I can't even remember times in my life when I didn't have a GN'R tape or CD.  I don't want to sound insane but Guns N' Roses in a small way, does feel like a part of me or a part of my life.  So GN'R wins the battle over NIN in my book and that's a biased opinion because I'm a GN'R fanatic, but I think most people wouldn't deny that fact either.  I honestly haven't listened to NIN for a long time now.  I bought With Teeth the first day it came out and only listened to it probably 3 or 4 times and haven't picked it up since.  I haven't listened to any other NIN albums since then either.  I've been so busy listening to so many different bands and trying to broaden my horizons as much as possible, that I just haven't had the time, on top of writing my own music everyday.  Typing this shit out and sort of reminiscing on my youth, have definitely put me in the mood for some Nails though.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
AtariLegend
« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2006, 01:11:50 PM »

I'm a fan of NIN and obviously a fan of GN'R but it's really not fair to NIN to compare them to GN'R on a GN'R forum. Plus, it's completely different styles of music, which also makes the comparison a little unfair. Reznor or "Razor", whichever you prefer, is a genius, hands fucking down. I don't think many people with common sense can deny that, whether they enjoy the music or not. For Christ's sake, the guy pretty much records entire NIN albums on his own and he's even a great producer, Anti-Christ Superstar probably being my favorite album he has produced anyway. To have a GN'R VS. NIN thread though, is pretty much having a GN'R VS. Trent Reznor thread. So maybe it would be more interesting to have an Axl VS. Trent thread?? Maybe not though, just a thought. My favorite NIN album is Pretty Hate Machine, the debut album. That may be a little cliche to say, as MOST people say they prefer the older NIN shit to the most recent, but I just love that album. I was only 7 when the album came out, so obviously I wasn't rocking the album when it first hit store shelves but I do remember getting The Downward Spiral when it first came out. I have two older sisters and started out listening to pretty much what they were when I was a little kid, so thank God they had a good taste in music most of the time, because I do remember both of them having this CD as well. So my introduction to NIN was The Downward Spiral and I remember being completely fascinated and smitten by the album. Closer, Piggy and Hurt completely blew me away at the time and those songs and many more from that album, still blow me away to this day. At the time I had already been listening to GN'R for a few years and WASN'T nearly as fond of NIN as I was of GN'R, but I still loved that band. So to me, nothing can compare to GN'R and nothing ever will. That band has been with me for such a long time that I can't even remember times in my life when I didn't have a GN'R tape or CD. I don't want to sound insane but Guns N' Roses in a small way, does feel like a part of me or a part of my life. So GN'R wins the battle over NIN in my book and that's a biased opinion because I'm a GN'R fanatic, but I think most people wouldn't deny that fact either. I honestly haven't listened to NIN for a long time now. I bought With Teeth the first day it came out and only listened to it probably 3 or 4 times and haven't picked it up since. I haven't listened to any other NIN albums since then either. I've been so busy listening to so many different bands and trying to broaden my horizons as much as possible, that I just haven't had the time, on top of writing my own music everyday. Typing this shit out and sort of reminiscing on my youth, have definitely put me in the mood for some Nails though.

I thought this was Axl Vs Trent anyway, Axl is GNR theses day, and Trent was always NIN.
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2006, 12:06:15 AM »

I thought this was Axl Vs Trent anyway, Axl is GNR theses day, and Trent was always NIN.

Well, it didn't really say the New GN'R VS. NIN, did it?? If it did, then I stand corrected.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
AtariLegend
« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2006, 01:31:52 PM »

Ok, it doesn't matter past, or present.
zakas80
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2006, 10:42:01 PM »

Love NIN! But GNR is definetely all time favorite!!! ok

Its what used to be's not there for me
And oughta find someone that belonged insane like i do
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »