Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 05:23:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227842 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  anybody watching the HOF ceramony ?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: anybody watching the HOF ceramony ?  (Read 4129 times)
Axlfreek
Legend

« on: March 12, 2007, 10:28:13 PM »

anybody watching this ?

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 11:21:57 PM »

I am, but I stopped after the VH induction.  I'll probably tune back in for Vedder/R.E.M.

Patti Smith...whoa!
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 11:31:46 PM »

I am, but I stopped after the VH induction.? I'll probably tune back in for Vedder/R.E.M.

Patti Smith...whoa!

ya, i thought that was a pretty bad peformance

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2007, 12:25:34 AM »

Eh at least REM saved the show.......Man on the Moon with Vedder kicked ass......now they're doing I wanna be your dog with Patti.  Shit yeah.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2007, 12:27:58 AM »

Ahhh boo I totally lost track of time.  Shucks.
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2007, 12:34:16 AM »

i forgot it was on  crying

you think it'll be on again? Cry

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2007, 12:42:18 AM »

Not until the 17th according to tvguide.
stinson4ever
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2007, 02:57:46 PM »

sunday on vh1, and prob youtube soon
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2007, 07:27:13 PM »

The guy said they'd have a full repeat, without the commercials, I believe, on VH1 Classic this friday.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2007, 10:23:28 PM »

I started to watch, but it was boring. So I went  to Animal Planet channel where  dogs were getting surgery.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2007, 10:30:24 PM »

I could not get over how absolutely boring this thing was. I've been to  Bar Mitzvahs that were more exciting than that.

VR was great, although Scott looked as if he should have a loaf of bread tucked under his arm.........
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2007, 10:44:01 PM »

Damn, I missed VR.  I would  have  stayed around for that,  if I had known.
But I can fill you in on some cool dog surgery procedures  if  you are interested. Wink
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2007, 10:50:32 PM »

Any video up on the net yet??
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2007, 06:37:36 AM »

Any video up on the net yet??

They are all on AOL website Wink

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
hebbesy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2007, 12:36:57 PM »

What did the Hoff get a ceremony for?  rofl
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2007, 10:59:44 PM »

I still can't believe R.E.M got in before Kiss!!

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2007, 12:44:50 AM »

So I caught a bit of this today, when REM were being inducted, and something happened that struck me as being typical of what's wrong with music these days.

If you watched any of the show, you'll see that bands' acceptance speeches are overlapped with their musical performance.  So, they play a it, and while the song continues, as background music, they can be seen giving the speeches.  Ok...whatever. 

But what really bothered me is that they would turn up the musical performance whenever there was a vocal part, and then turn it down during instrumental parts.  I'm not really an REM fan, so I wasn't personally offended about them butchering the songs like that, but it struck me as odd and a little bit shitty that the entire focus was on the parts of the songs with vocals, as if that is the only part that truly matters.  A great band is more than good lyrics, well sung vocal parts, and an entertaining frontman.  It's about the musicians playing the Hell out of their instruments.  But music today isn't about musicianship.  It's about the singer (this is NOT a criticism of REM, who certainly aren't typical of today's music).  In fact, most artists ARE the singer, nowadays.  In the past, the singer being featured did not make that person the entire act.  It was Springsteen AND E-Street.  Seger AND Silver Bullet.  Petty AND the Heartbreakers.  But the music industry doesn't give a fuck about that now.     

When GNR is inducted, if they cover up a Slash solo with speeches, I know I'll be pissed. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2007, 07:42:18 PM »

So I caught a bit of this today, when REM were being inducted, and something happened that struck me as being typical of what's wrong with music these days.

If you watched any of the show, you'll see that bands' acceptance speeches are overlapped with their musical performance.? So, they play a it, and while the song continues, as background music, they can be seen giving the speeches.? Ok...whatever.?

But what really bothered me is that they would turn up the musical performance whenever there was a vocal part, and then turn it down during instrumental parts.? I'm not really an REM fan, so I wasn't personally offended about them butchering the songs like that, but it struck me as odd and a little bit shitty that the entire focus was on the parts of the songs with vocals, as if that is the only part that truly matters.? A great band is more than good lyrics, well sung vocal parts, and an entertaining frontman.? It's about the musicians playing the Hell out of their instruments.? But music today isn't about musicianship.? It's about the singer (this is NOT a criticism of REM, who certainly aren't typical of today's music).? In fact, most artists ARE the singer, nowadays.? In the past, the singer being featured did not make that person the entire act.? It was Springsteen AND E-Street.? Seger AND Silver Bullet.? Petty AND the Heartbreakers.? But the music industry doesn't give a fuck about that now.? ? ?

When GNR is inducted, if they cover up a Slash solo with speeches, I know I'll be pissed.?

Yeah, I noticed that too on the repeats.  When it was live, it was much better.  Glad I didn't miss it the first night! ok

Why don't you just....
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: