Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 01:19:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227844 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  NIN to tour with GN'R...?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NIN to tour with GN'R...?  (Read 46957 times)
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2004, 03:12:01 AM »

hmm, well, since GNR faild to sellout big venues in 2002, maybe they try to tour with a big band like NIN, to sell out big venues again! aha!! Got u Axl!

As great as NIN are (is?), Trent would have a bigger problem selling out venues of that size than Axl did at this point.  Trent writes great music but as far as the mainstream sees him NIN is way yesterday and many people don't even remember him.

And if they toured together that would be a recipe for a riot due to their fan-bases conflicting interests.  Still though, I'd pay to be there.

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2004, 05:18:20 AM »

you want to sell out arenas and/or stadiums?---> Tour with U2.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2004, 06:33:54 AM »

I keep saying I've heard many songs from nin, just the first was closer because it was there launch hit for mainstream america.. I do own the downward spiral.

A band like gnr who nearly sold out the venues alone with little publicity doesn't need an addition badn that has been reclusive as well.. NIN has a big following, so why in the first tour with an album for gnr would I wantt o share it with nin fans and have to pray I get a ticket, or at least a decent one?

They should get an up and coming band so it doesn't become a battle.. I do rememebr the met/gnr tour, I know alot of people who went and it was crazy..
Goddamn_Electric
Rocker

« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2004, 09:13:46 AM »

Nine Inch Nails/Guns N' Roses could possibly even bigger a tour than Guns/Metallica.

I was just thinking at work last night that GNR needs another big band to tour with...NIN would be fuckin' great!!

11/17/02 Mark of the Quad Cities
11/27/06 Rosemont Horizon
2/19/2012 House of Blues Chicago
7/1/2016 Soldier Field Chicago
7/3/2016 Soldier Field Chicago
10/13/2019 Exit 111 Festival
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2004, 11:13:51 AM »

Nine Inch Nails/Guns N' Roses could possibly even bigger a tour than Guns/Metallica.

I was just thinking at work last night that GNR needs another big band to tour with...NIN would be fuckin' great!!

How is that good for gnr fans.. We'll wait to see axl flip out when people want to see trent.. The tour should be focused on new gnr, not shared with nin's.. The metallica gnr tour was when gnr was the biggest rock group in the world.. 15,000-20,000 seaters being split between teh two..  no

Doesn't matter anyways because the only gnr you will see is from tapes n solo projects..
Farmer
Opening Act

Dreams are basically, like, the farts of the mind

« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2004, 02:22:00 PM »

I don't really believe in it....If it happens.....hell, this might improve Axl's discipline...so there won't be no-shows or riots anymore. Grin

Well, as you can see, being a fucking psycho basket-case like me does have it's advantages
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2004, 03:40:05 PM »

I don't really believe in it....If it happens.....hell, this might improve Axl's discipline...so there won't be no-shows or riots anymore. Grin

I see rumors everywhere , I just doubt this will happen..  Regardless if axl's a trent reznor fan or not it just doesn't benefit a comeback tour.. I don't see why the new band needs to share a stage with a band that was very popular and is making a comeback also..
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2004, 05:21:57 AM »

This is going slightly off topic here, but I got out The Fragile to have a listen after not listening to it for a while, and all I can say is WOW, what an amazingly epic album!
I really hope CD goes as deep into Axl's inner demons as Trent went on The Fragile.

For any of you that have doubts about NIN, have a listen to that album and see how great NIN really are. ok

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2004, 10:10:35 AM »

I fuckin' hope they won't be touring with them, a world tour with Beyonce would be less painful than that.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2004, 10:39:24 AM »

I fuckin' hope they won't be touring with them, a world tour with Beyonce would be less painful than that.

Maybe you're right.

GN'R should get Ministry to open for them.  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2004, 11:11:04 AM »

Guns N Roses should open for Tool      hihi hihi

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #51 on: November 03, 2004, 11:18:37 AM »

+1.
I also can't bear NIN. all this indus music piss me off. I don't feel anything when I listen to that kind of "music". No feeling. It's not natural. It's like "my world". It's..."weird"? Lips Sealed
Bring me Gibsons, guitars and Rock n' Roll? Cool

PS: I prefer Beyonce to NIN.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2004, 11:56:56 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
DEAD HORSE
VIP

08.08.08 ?

« Reply #52 on: November 03, 2004, 12:19:09 PM »

That Would be awesome,  I love Nine Inch nails, but for example  i'd rather see Guns N' Roses With Aerosmith . I KNow Im Only dreaming .... crying

If the world would end today... Wink
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #53 on: November 03, 2004, 01:13:15 PM »

That Would be awesome,? I love Nine Inch nails, but for example? i'd rather see Guns N' Roses With Aerosmith

Axl doesn't want GNR further associated with being past it.....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2004, 01:40:30 PM »

That Would be awesome,? I love Nine Inch nails, but for example? i'd rather see Guns N' Roses With Aerosmith

I'm glad you know what axl wants.. Like you'd be getting a gnr top bill with that kind of tour.. WHy would aerosmith want to chance a tour with someone as unstable as new gnr/axl? There's no reason tehy would want or need to risk their fan's safety of an axl no show.. Anyways you would be lucky to get many tickets with aerosmith on the bill, they would have to headline as well..
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2004, 02:05:23 PM »

Well... Im sure Aerosmith and GNR would be great together! But who would play first!? In festivals it wouldent be any problem, but in Tours, it would. The could rolate! It would be great to have two of the greatest bands in the world on the same stage again!

BUT

The new GNR is not one of the greatest bands in the history! The Old GNR was! The New GNR is new band, who has to start from the beginning! Then, i guess it would be a bit weird if they toured with Aerosmith! I would like too see them With Tool!
 Robin has played with Tool before!
 Chris Pittman! The young guy (damn he is only 27 years) Have worked with Tool!! (He was only 19/20 when he worked with Maynard and co on ?nima)

well..... I just talk alot! confused

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2004, 02:12:51 PM »

But..

No matter how Axl sees himself or his band and his perceived "wish" not to be "past it" is a moot point.  The fact of the matter is GNR are much more associated within the industry and the eyes of the general music listening public with the likes of Aerosmith than they ever have been or will be with bands such as NIN, Tool etc.

The GNR brand name is still a powerful commodity, unfortunately it carries major stigma along with as well.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #57 on: November 03, 2004, 02:31:11 PM »

But..

No matter how Axl sees himself or his band and his perceived "wish" not to be "past it" is a moot point.? The fact of the matter is GNR are much more associated within the industry and the eyes of the general music listening public with the likes of Aerosmith than they ever have been or will be with bands such as NIN, Tool etc.

The GNR brand name is still a powerful commodity, unfortunately it carries major stigma along with as well.

Yes, but when u look on that kind of music GNR is making today, Silkworms, Oh My God, Chin. Dem? That is mutch more simular to the NIN, Tool kind of music! If GNR held on theyr old style, they would still be together, and be in the Motley Crue, Aerosmit ect. categori. But i THINK, im not sure! But i think GNR will be a band who will get in the Tool, NIN kind of category, Alternativ, with soundeffects!

EYYY 500 Posts!!!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #58 on: November 03, 2004, 03:32:28 PM »

No matter how Axl sees himself or his band and his perceived "wish" not to be "past it" is a moot point.  The fact of the matter is GNR are much more associated within the industry and the eyes of the general music listening public with the likes of Aerosmith than they ever have been or will be with bands such as NIN, Tool etc.

here we go again....

how bout this...we wait and see what happens witht he image and radio play the new band gets when they get their material out there.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #59 on: November 03, 2004, 03:43:50 PM »

But..

No matter how Axl sees himself or his band and his perceived "wish" not to be "past it" is a moot point.? The fact of the matter is GNR are much more associated within the industry and the eyes of the general music listening public with the likes of Aerosmith than they ever have been or will be with bands such as NIN, Tool etc.

Sheesh

I was taking the piss out of one of the weakest ''rock'' act in recent memory: Aerosmith, i have no idea how Axl see's himself and frankly don't care.

If i was to care who GNR toured with i'd want it to be a band with some genuine quality, NIN, Aerosmith and Weezer need not apply, maybe they should hook up with Bon Jovi hihi

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: