Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:05:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227913 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Jason Becker on Axl Rose, Buckethead and Chinese Democracy
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Jason Becker on Axl Rose, Buckethead and Chinese Democracy  (Read 16139 times)
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2009, 09:39:21 PM »

who the fuck is jason becker and why do we care what he thinks?
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2009, 05:09:58 AM »

I'm surprised Jason doesn't like Buckethead...

Fuck 'Em All.
alejoyp
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2009, 08:47:24 AM »

I'm surprised Jason doesn't like Buckethead...

Me too... but maybe, as he said, he didn't hear the correct thing... Bucket has a large n' eclectic catalogue, there's material for at least everybody who enjoy good music...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2009, 12:27:40 PM »

who the fuck is jason becker and why do we care what he thinks?

we're trying to be polite.
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2009, 12:42:03 PM »

so if you're goin to bash him at least be sure to see who it is you're bashing.

so you are telling us that just because the guy has a disease and he could play really fast in the 80s, we cannot criticize what he said? lame.

the fact he doesnt know bucketheads work speaks volumes...meaning someone in the guitar world not being aware of it. he is stuck in the 80s, which is his era and he only likes guitarists who are from the 80s or heavily duplicating the 80s. buckethead (although influenced by the 80s) does completely new things....and unlike becker, actually plays expressive instead of just technical.

firkins i happen to have heard of, and yes, he has his fingers glued onto the whammy. why becker thinks it was a weird comment by axl....? its fact, he uses the whammy like there is no tomorrow. a whammy bar fanatic playing jungle, paradise or better....yeah, so there becker also fails.

lol, lame.

whats lame is your 2 word response and that you try to pose like slash in all your pics. how about you answer properly or dont? if you can mock, i can too Wink

give me a link to becker playing an expressive lyrical emotional solo which isnt about wanking like a hairspray metal monkey on crack.

then give me a link to firkins not touching the whammy longer than 1 minute in a solo.

im waiting  love

dude, i'd so love to start an internet war with you right now, but i actually have a life i enjoy living,and with that happening for me, why should i waste my time with you, except to say these two little words that mean so much to both of us:

LAME, LOL
 rofl
p.s. thanks for the coments on my photos, but i like chicks, i'm sure you're a great guy though! don't take this the wrong way kay? ok

« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 12:43:55 PM by MeanBone » Logged

Chinese Democracy!
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2009, 01:01:04 AM »

Guys, Jason Becker in his prime was in Buckethead league, if not higher.  Becker's peers were guys like Shawn Lane and Paul Gilbert... Bucket is amazing, and so is Becker. 
Stewie Griffin
Opening Act

« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2009, 08:09:39 AM »

not until the most of them have listened to the new album properly.

the New album it is not enough good to change the mind of the most of people. Sorry, Chinese is cool but it can't compete with one of the best album ever, neither the Illusions.

Roll Eyes

I don't remember reading "ChiDem vs. Appetite: Your Opinions" as this topic's title.

Anyway. Can't say I know this guy's work, so I can't say much on him. Don't see why Axl not being whammy happy makes him ignorant guitar-wise, though.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 08:12:29 AM by Stewie Griffin » Logged

Stewie: Well, I'd love to stay and chat, but you're a total bitch.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: