Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 05:23:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227843 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Who should replace buckethead?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who should replace buckethead?  (Read 60988 times)
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #300 on: April 27, 2006, 07:55:25 PM »

Was Slash, Matt Duff, Steven, Adler, Izzy or Gilby a big name before joining Gn'R? Not really, so why does a new member have to be someone everyone knows?

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #301 on: April 27, 2006, 08:28:39 PM »

I didn't realize it. No need to get an attitude over it...

I liked this place because it wasn't nearly as hostile as others. It seems that is changing recently. We are all here for the same reason, we should be able to get along.

On Topic: DJ is great, but im hoping for a bigger name for GNR>

Look.. I've been here awhile, and the reason I liked this forum was because it was organized, fun, and respectful. Now it just seems like noobs are ruining it. I rarely post here because of that. People make threads about the same things over and over again and its just annoying. I wasn't trying to diss or make you feel bad. Im not even calling you a noob. Im just saying try looking next time and respecting the rules.

-jack

gnrevolution.com
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #302 on: April 27, 2006, 08:38:16 PM »

I've been here since 2002 if not longer..don't let the post count fool you.

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
awolgnr
Headliner

Don't you think that you need somebody?

« Reply #303 on: April 27, 2006, 08:43:16 PM »

Beautiful Creatures' first cd had stellar guitar playing.  Their second one, "Deuce" was recorded after Ashba left the group and is average.  I can't believe I forgot about that guy!  Hell yeah, he would be a great choice!

To the guy pissing and moaning about the topic: if the topic is such a waste of your time, why do you have time to post and complain about it? Just move on.

I've been where I have been and I've seen what I have seen...
italysfinest1985
Rocker

Riding on the night train...

« Reply #304 on: April 27, 2006, 08:45:52 PM »

I don't really agree with Ashba in GnR...but I respect ur opinion.

I do think the hostility and the "rules" are starting to ruin alot of the fun here.

Guns N Roses Custom Reunion Trailer (Axl & Slash)
https://youtu.be/7NdNrNslYkU
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #305 on: April 27, 2006, 09:42:03 PM »

I'm ok with the rules in place, with all the activity going on we need organization, and that's why mods merge topics, move topics, lock topics etc.

However, it is a mod's job to handle this kind of thing, not everyone screaming what the fuck is wrong with you, this topic is on page 3 damn noob shut up and go home. People make mistakes, people are going to break rules knowingly or not. And if someone wants to correct someone, there is a nicer way to do it than is currently being done by older members.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #306 on: April 27, 2006, 09:53:31 PM »

It is also the job of the poster to check the board in order to avoid redundancy. Common sense really.

I am getting tired of these 'I have a thought about GnR, let me post a new thread about it" threads as well.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #307 on: April 27, 2006, 09:55:38 PM »

I agree, i check the board a lot only to find very pointless topics on page one. I agree the mess needs to get cleaned up, i just think it could be done in a nicer way.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
Niko
Rocker

« Reply #308 on: April 27, 2006, 09:57:12 PM »

come on men chill out

don make this forum a horrible and hostile place to post like mygnr

i agrre with gunnerone 84
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #309 on: April 28, 2006, 02:15:50 AM »

I've been here since 2002 if not longer..don't let the post count fool you.

Yeah I've seen you around BurningHills. Sorry bout the harshness. But you must have noticed a change in the people and topics here.. its just getting cluttered.

To the guy pissing and moaning about the topic: if the topic is such a waste of your time, why do you have time to post and complain about it? Just move on.

The topic IS a waste of my time AND board space. And im here cause its bs that people take up board space when theres ALREADY other threads for things like this. (im not trying to disrespect you burninghills)

I do think the hostility and the "rules" are starting to ruin alot of the fun here.

People are hostile cause the rules are being broken. Alot of the older posters don't bother posting here anymore cause its falling apart (no disrespect ment towards Jarmo and the mods.. you guys are doin what you can. i love HTGTH. thats why im pissed). Its just annoying to see my favorite forum get wreaked by a flood of new people. I love this place and im sorry if im being "rude"

I'm ok with the rules in place, with all the activity going on we need organization, and that's why mods merge topics, move topics, lock topics etc.

However, it is a mod's job to handle this kind of thing, not everyone screaming what the fuck is wrong with you, this topic is on page 3 damn noob shut up and go home. People make mistakes, people are going to break rules knowingly or not. And if someone wants to correct someone, there is a nicer way to do it than is currently being done by older members.

It seems like sometimes the mods aren't there.. so why not tell people off? I really dont know. I dont mean to be a jerk.. and I can understand I was one.. but its hard to balance being nice, and trying to get the rules through to people. Im sorry I came off how I did.

It is also the job of the poster to check the board in order to avoid redundancy. Common sense really.

I am getting tired of these 'I have a thought about GnR, let me post a new thread about it" threads as well.

Thank you Killingvector... you've been here a great deal longer than me, and I respect you.

I agree, i check the board a lot only to find very pointless topics on page one. I agree the mess needs to get cleaned up, i just think it could be done in a nicer way.

Yeah.. once again, sorry about being harsh. =/

come on men chill out

don make this forum a horrible and hostile place to post like mygnr

i agrre with gunnerone 84

And I dont want this forum to be a mess like MyGNR. But yeah agreed.. I'll try and watch myself next time.

gnrevolution.com
Ineverlearn000022
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #310 on: April 28, 2006, 03:24:42 AM »

Was Slash, Matt Duff, Steven, Adler, Izzy or Gilby a big name before joining Gn'R? Not really, so why does a new member have to be someone everyone knows?

...Neither was Axl.

Wake up....Time to die!!!!!!!!!
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #311 on: April 29, 2006, 12:38:42 PM »

what???

What do you mean pal?

Was Axl a big name before joining Guns n Roses?HuhHuh
circusboy666
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #312 on: May 01, 2006, 10:29:42 PM »

if they plan to keep a sound like bh they need john 5. if they have a long term plan for a different style guitarist, they could have pittman just sample bucket for now. so that justs open the doors from anyone literally from izzy to carlos santana. i personally think kim from soundgarden would fit in awesome. he rocks really hard and can solo awesome. he is really ugly though.
smithandheston
Headliner

Madagascar, great song.... great place

« Reply #313 on: May 02, 2006, 01:50:59 PM »

I totally think R Fink can handle the dutys himself, he impressed me last time i saw em (2002) But i guess on May 15 i get to see exactly what happened with the line up, SO EXCITED!!!  smoking
GNRkid
Opening Act

I love beef jerky

« Reply #314 on: May 03, 2006, 02:55:30 PM »

Steve Vai

but i think 2 is enough anyway
mesaboogie
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #315 on: May 05, 2006, 10:36:53 AM »

A guy related to aiken promotions owner here ireland says thats details have been received as regards stage set-up, stage hands, gear, times of arrival etc

Strange as it may seem he say its appears that "Dizzy's guitar tech" is listed as a member of the group working the stage.

So has Dizzy have replaced buckethead...not playing his parts but by taking on the rhythem guitar in songs that require it live and then back to piano on others.? This frees up space for richard fortus to take on many of the buckethead parts (with his own slant live).

So when the band walk out on stage next Friday it will be same but no buckethead.?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 10:38:41 AM by mesaboogie » Logged
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #316 on: May 06, 2006, 10:19:44 AM »

May be the enigma. Good choice if it's him.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Lucs
Almost Belgian
Rocker

IT FINALLY WORKED !!!

« Reply #317 on: May 06, 2006, 10:21:55 AM »

Interesting, who gave you this idea ? Grin lol

busngabb
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #318 on: May 06, 2006, 10:22:28 AM »