Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:03:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227913 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy sales predictions & First week sales
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy sales predictions & First week sales  (Read 34056 times)
ShotgunBlues1978
« on: November 13, 2004, 10:21:58 PM »

I don't think that this album is going to sell nearly as much as their other albums in the US, the anticipation just isn't there amongst the general public and the music scene is so much different than the last time Guns N Roses had an album come out.  But GnR is still huge worldwide.  I think it'll sell about 2-3 million in the US with an additional 7-8 million worldwide.  Not shabby at all but not what they used to sell.  Out of the new songs they've played so far The Blues has hit written all over it but it's not a Sweet Child O' Mine, Don't Cry, November Rain type of hit. 
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2004, 11:23:56 PM »

3-5 million in the usa about 10m world wide.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2004, 11:29:51 PM »

depends, if it is a good to great album with 3 or 4 kick ass singles 2 to 3 million in the US 8-10 worldwide

if its a classic album that transcends and really crosses over maybe 4-5 to million in the US and 10 -12 worldwide

it will definitely turn a profit i can almost guarantee that much!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2004, 12:04:34 AM »

Id say if it sells more thn 2million in the States, it can be considered a success - upwards of that a big success. I think it will sell very well in Europe and other markets as well, likely due to the name GN'R and peoples perceived notions of what that name represents

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Kitty
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2004, 02:38:34 AM »

US:sells close close to 1mil first week or so, then dosen't sell as much after that, but sells steady, comming to a US total of around 4mil.
Worldwide:sells better than US, selling 8-10mil.

either way its really going to depend on good singles, and promotion

9/20/06 9/21/06 12/15/06 2/10/12 2/12/12 2/15/12 10/20/12 10/21/12 11/2/12 11/3/12
Taz
Banned
Headliner

Axl forever

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2004, 02:55:22 AM »

You guys are so negative...

83 millions of copies in the US...

and 248 millions world wide ! rofl
« Last Edit: November 14, 2004, 03:13:15 AM by Taz » Logged
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2004, 04:20:32 AM »

I think if VR can land about 2 million off Contraband... Chinese Democracy could maybe reach 4-5 million, if it's as good as it's *supposed* to be.
badapple81
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2004, 05:03:42 AM »

Will sell a couple of million just from curiosity. Should the singles are good and the promotions/reviews are good.. over 6 million worldwide I'd say.
echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2004, 05:05:20 AM »

0 copies ... because it would have to be released in order to sell any copies  Wink

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2004, 06:01:40 AM »

in first 3-4 wekks about milion in usa,after madagascar singl 10 milion in next couple months in usa.

Maybe,new gnr cd will be killer album
greekmule
Rocker

she's so beatifully broken...

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2004, 06:27:34 AM »

IMO it will sell 2-3 million copies in the US and about 10 million copies worldwide.I wonder how many copies of CD sould be sold so that geffen makes a profit out of it(since they have invested 10+ million dollars in it and they will spend even more when CD is out in order to promote it... )Huh

homo homini lupus...
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2004, 07:00:05 AM »

The "greatest hits" album is selling very well: 8 month after its released, it has already sold over 6.5 million copies worldwide (1.2 million in the US), so in march 2005 (wich would mean 1 year after its released date), it will probably be around 8 million copies worldwide and 1.5 million in the US. Not bad for just a greatest hits!
Don't forget it sells way better worldwide than just in the US, don't forget that the album went to #1 in the UK (the 1st time since 1991) and many european countries and in south america (#1 in Ireland during 6 weeks for exemple). don't forget the promotion wasnt that big, and that there was no single, no videoclip, not tour, almost no real big promotion.

So for "chinese democracy": with a killer first single wich could appeal to everyone (like "the blues", the FIRST IMPRESSION is very important, the blues could have a phenomenal impact in its studio version), with a videoclip on MTV, then with 2 or 3 others as good singles with videoclips on MTV (Madagascar etc...), with a Tour and a huge promotion like Eminem or Beyonce or just like during the Illusion Days where GN'R was everywhere, it could sell over 15 million copies worldwide (5 million in the US).

"The Eminem show" sold over 17 million copies worldwide in 2002. "Chinese Democracy" can be even bigger if the album is really great. People are hungry for Rock Music.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2004, 07:04:17 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
ccorn69
VIP

Dreaming and waiting

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2004, 07:03:29 AM »

if CD is ever released, thats a big if, I think CD could go 2 to 3 times platinum in the US and sell anywhere from 7 to 9 million units in the rest of the world, the succes of this album is totally goiong to depend on the strength of the material

Thats not Stardust on my feet...
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2004, 07:43:41 AM »

10 Mill world wide!!!

EEEERRRR Little boy
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2004, 08:17:09 AM »

I have just re-listened to the small studio extract of "the blues" (boston promo). The production really seems huge. if it is ever released as a single, the record sales could totally exploded...

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2004, 08:37:51 AM »

It's likely that it sells more than GH, so we'll see
I heard the old newsongs not endng up as singles, maybe not on cd (axl in  London02)

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2004, 10:52:19 AM »

axl said that the songs they play (The Blues,Madagascar,....) wont be released as singles, so i hope we`ll see even better stuff like these as singles.

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2004, 11:48:20 AM »

I don't think that this album is going to sell nearly as much as their other albums in the US, the anticipation just isn't there amongst the general public and the music scene is so much different than the last time Guns N Roses had an album come out.? But GnR is still huge worldwide.? I think it'll sell about 2-3 million in the US with an additional 7-8 million worldwide.? Not shabby at all but not what they used to sell.? Out of the new songs they've played so far The Blues has hit written all over it but it's not a Sweet Child O' Mine, Don't Cry, November Rain type of hit.?

One wonders if u have nothing positive to say about the album, who post at all?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2004, 12:49:19 PM »

I don't think that this album is going to sell nearly as much as their other albums in the US, the anticipation just isn't there amongst the general public and the music scene is so much different than the last time Guns N Roses had an album come out.? But GnR is still huge worldwide.? I think it'll sell about 2-3 million in the US with an additional 7-8 million worldwide.? Not shabby at all but not what they used to sell.? Out of the new songs they've played so far The Blues has hit written all over it but it's not a Sweet Child O' Mine, Don't Cry, November Rain type of hit.?

The anticipation isn't there?!? O K then *backing away slowly*

That's a hatrick for Doull
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2004, 02:02:06 PM »

I'll say it will open with a sale week of 400,000 and it will go platinum 3-4 times in the usa.. I know it will be number one everywhere but it will be on n the charts longer outside of the states...

It also dpends on how it's released ,the time period before it comes out to give the sleeping fans a heads up.. Solid single and a video a few weeks before the release and some interviews, [possibly closing or performing at a big music show..

It has the chance to do better then I mentioned above, it's just all how it's brought to the world..
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: