Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 06:32:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227844 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  (Insert number here) weeks left
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 43 Go Down Print
Author Topic: (Insert number here) weeks left  (Read 109604 times)
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« on: January 23, 2007, 08:06:25 AM »

Well, we are now exactly 6 weeks away from March 6 ! So, with that said, what do you guys/gals think the next thing we will hear from Axl/ the band / or there Management will be ? Confirmation the Cd is done and will hit store shelves as expected ? There will be another delay ? No word, just a single ? More silence, perhaps? Maybe we'll walk into our record store "one Tuesday" and find it there ? What do you think?? ?Wink
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 02:42:35 PM by bringbackadler » Logged

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
nightrain_jh
Rocker

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 08:10:02 AM »

the next thing that we should and what we all all want to hear is confirmation of the release date.  and if it is gonna be 5th/6th March then it needs to be soon.  but, this is gn'r.  i am sure we will hear something when the time feels right to axl and the band.

beer

Don't Damn Me!!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2007, 08:10:09 AM »

Maybe we'll walk into our record store "one Tuesday" and find it there ?

No.

The album will be properly promoted.

Read Axl's letter.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
bringbackadler
Banned
VIP

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2007, 08:16:22 AM »

Maybe we'll walk into our record store "one Tuesday" and find it there ?

No.

The album will be properly promoted.

Read Axl's letter.

/jarmo

I know that it's not going to just show up in the record store. I said that sarcastically. Believe me, I've read Axl's letter several times.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 08:18:06 AM by bringbackadler » Logged

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2007, 08:24:55 AM »

If you read Axl's letter it also says March 6. It does not specify a year.? Lips Sealed "The writings on the wall..."
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2007, 08:25:54 AM »

well with proper promotion this album is not coming out on march 6 th , not enough time
mcalldp
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2007, 08:28:23 AM »

If things are going well (on schedule) then we should be getting a single as the next bit of information rather than another letter from Axl confirming the date. Why write a letter if you have a single ready? (which it should be if CD is still droping on 3/6/07)

Then we should start to see the publicity machine kick into high gear right up to release date.

If we get another letter at all it will be after the 6th when we're all bitching like crazy and will give some reason for the delay and a 'soon is the word' quote rather than another solid date.

I think 'proper promotion' still has time to start if done so on the next couple weeks. They could make the promotion really intense for a month which would work fine.

Or miss the date, not say anything and do or say jack for the next 6 month....
I won't tell you which to bet on though.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 08:30:58 AM by mcalldp » Logged

~sHiNe oN~
bringbackadler
Banned
VIP

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2007, 08:29:21 AM »

well with proper promotion this album is not coming out on march 6 th , not enough time

I agree. I think it's starting to look highly unlikely we'll be getting Democracy on March 6th. I'm hoping that the next date we are given will be "firm" and not too long after March 6th though . ? smoking

Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2007, 08:45:53 AM »

it's not gonna be march 6th that's for sure,
but end of march sounds good to me.

we should organize HUGE parties, one in Paris, one in NYC for the release of CD

like a party for the day before that goes on all night and then we all go to the store and buy the cd, all that recorded by camera men so we can have a documentary ?

we can rent a cool club in Paris if we're like 300 / 400 ....

KaptainKuntra
Rocker

Tres Bizzare, non?

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2007, 08:46:36 AM »

Maybe no news is good news?  Huh We've only got a few weeks now to wait to see what (if anything at all) happens.
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2007, 09:05:38 AM »

What do people see as being propr promotion? I mean, loads of albums come out without people really knowing, until a single comes out or the artist is splashed across a magazine cover, which is often after the release.

I would'nt do that if I were you.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2007, 09:09:41 AM »

Since it's only 6 weeks left I believe the next annoucement will be with a new date, tentative or actual. If Axl sticks to his word.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
bringbackadler
Banned
VIP

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2007, 09:20:03 AM »

Since it's only 6 weeks left I believe the next annoucement will be with a new date, tentative or actual. If Axl sticks to his word.

I think this is the most likely scenario. I just pray March 6 does not come and go without any word whatsoever. I dont think that'll happen but it would definitely not be a good thing.   no

bringbackadler
Banned
VIP

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2007, 09:32:00 AM »

If the album is delayed again, maybe Axl will give the ok for some new demo leaks. Maybe ' Sorry ' or
' Prostitute '. Ya know, kind of his way of saying the album will be here soon. Don't Panic !! I doubt it but it would be cool. Here's to still praying for a miracle and it being here on March 6th !!!? ? ok

JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2007, 09:38:05 AM »

It can't be delayed again.  They are walking a thin line with people still being interested in this album.  Give us some info. Axl! Good info.!
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2007, 09:42:00 AM »

I dont think we are going to get it March 6th.

If I had to guess it would be anywhere from March 27 - May 29th

And if we dont get it in that range then we will surely get it during the most busiest shopping day of the yr....the tues before black friday!!

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2007, 09:42:46 AM »

we can rent a cool club in Paris if we're like 300 / 400 ....

Yeah 300/400 years old, which some of us might be by the time this thing comes out ?hihi

Seriously though, March 6th won't happen now 8 weeks is pretty much the magic number for album releases as Axl said but it holds true for most artists not just GNR. With only 6 weeks left there's not enough time for CD to be out by March 6th, all this 'they might do intensive promotion for only a month' believist stuff that people are saying again was just what people were saying with only a month left in 06. Thats not directed at anyone specific btw but I've noticed it cropping up again.

I'm currently hoping that the delay on CD was relatively minor this time, and making another announcement would be a waste of time as there will be a much better one to come shortly maybe with a late March or April release being confirmed. That's my hope anyway.

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
bringbackadler
Banned
VIP

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2007, 10:03:13 AM »

I dont think we are going to get it March 6th.

If I had to guess it would be anywhere from March 27 - May 29th

And if we dont get it in that range then we will surely get it during the most busiest shopping day of the yr....the tues before black friday!!

That actually sounds about right to me. I've said before, if we don't see it by June... I could see it being December. Not sure why I think this but... again, I'm hoping that's not the case.

Soori
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2007, 10:13:09 AM »

MASSIVE PROMOTION IS NEEDED!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GYPViM39G8

sumthin like dat!
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2007, 10:22:03 AM »

MASSIVE PROMOTION IS NEEDED!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GYPViM39G8

sumthin like dat!

I get your drift but it's cheesy as hell, I kinda like it but most people will laugh if they saw that. Radio promo, magazine adverts and a single is what is needed. People will know when it's coming out without some cheesy epic advert.

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 43 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: