Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 06:55:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227844 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The GN'R vs Nirvana thread
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The GN'R vs Nirvana thread  (Read 66144 times)
smithandheston
Headliner

Madagascar, great song.... great place

« Reply #300 on: October 15, 2006, 09:39:05 PM »

: ok:fuck the kurt cobain signature fender --- I wanna see the Kurt Cobain signature Winchester  Grin
KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #301 on: October 16, 2006, 10:33:23 AM »

: ok:fuck the kurt cobain signature fender --- I wanna see the Kurt Cobain signature Winchester? Grin

Hauhauhuahuhuhauhuhauhuahuhauhuahuha. rofl
Good one.

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
smithandheston
Headliner

Madagascar, great song.... great place

« Reply #302 on: October 17, 2006, 10:23:21 AM »

It would be a truly mind-blowing product
Bona
Opening Act

« Reply #303 on: April 01, 2007, 09:21:24 AM »

Former Nirvana drummer Dave Grohl talks about the Kurt Cobain vs. Axl Rose brawl in this quick Q&A with Esquire magazine.

Esquire: What's your onstage philosophy?

Dave Grohl: Imagine having a keg party and inviting eight thousand of your best friends. You have to make sure everything is right--the grill's hot, the tap is working. No foam. And as the host, you have to do shots with everyone in the room. It's your responsibility to make sure everyone goes home throwing up chicken all over their fucking bathrooms. That's basically the story of my life.

Esquire:
Could you do this job sober?

Dave Grohl: You can. I do interviews sober. Everything else is better wasted.

Esquire: At last year's Esky Awards, Slash told us his most memorable awards show was the 1992 MTV Video Music Awards, when Nirvana and Guns N' Roses squared off backstage.

Dave Grohl: I remember that when Nevermind first came out, Axl Rose was a really big fan of us. Guns N' Roses was about to do this massive stadium tour with Metallica, and they wanted us to open. So Axl had been calling Kurt nonstop. One day we're walking through an airport and Kurt says, "Fuck. Axl Rose won't stop calling me." I think it represented something bigger. Nirvana didn't want to turn into Guns N' Roses. So Kurt started talking shit in interviews, and then Axl started talking back. It went back and forth like tenth-grade bullshit. Then we got to the awards and our trailers were all in the same one hundred yards. And Courtney was there, which never makes anything easier. So it didn't take much to blow up into a full-fiedged showdown. Kurt and Courtney were screaming at Axl. Axl screamed back. It was all just soap-opera bullshit. Krist, our bass player, almost got in a fistfight. I was just the drummer, so I shouted some loud, funny shit and hit the bar.

Source: http://www.gnrdaily.com/news_detail.asp?id=654
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #304 on: April 01, 2007, 09:23:18 AM »

hmmm interesting; it almost makes it sound like kurt was the prick; and this coming from his own drummer.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
ChrisPittman
Banned
Rocker

There Was a Time

« Reply #305 on: April 01, 2007, 09:26:01 AM »

nice to see dave didnt resort to tenth grade bullshit, I have to say, Axl seemed to be a huge nirvana fan as maybe kurt should have just kept his mouth shut ok

June 6th 06 @ RDS, Dublin, Ireland
July 29th 06 @ Wembley Arena, London, England
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #306 on: April 01, 2007, 09:27:33 AM »

that last line really cracked me up  hihi
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #307 on: April 01, 2007, 09:30:20 AM »

hmmm interesting; it almost makes it sound like kurt was the prick; and this coming from his own drummer.

He was a prick. He had far more to him than the little boy lost shit people wanted to see, and the media wanted to show. Even courtney has said that. Axl n Kurt were more alike than they, and their fans, like(d) to admit.

"Said some funny shit n hit the bar"! Haha!

I would'nt do that if I were you.
MJ23
VIP

KING OF AUDIO

« Reply #308 on: April 01, 2007, 10:10:17 AM »

Nirvana didn't want to turn into Guns N' Roses.

Wow, they didn't want to write good music and to be famous.  rofl

If Kurt hadn't blew up his brain, they wouldn't have been half as successful as they were back in the 90s.
I personally like "Bleach" and "Nevermind" (I would rate it 6,5/10), but the band really sucked as far as their behaviour in interviews and on stage was. I'm sorry but that band lead by a crack junkie did not have much future anyway.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #309 on: April 04, 2007, 11:04:46 PM »

nirvana was a cool band..but they werent this earth shattering thing like people make them out to be...if kurt never killed himself they would have been forgotten already...
MarioGunner
Rocker

I should've known you're crazy

« Reply #310 on: April 05, 2007, 02:41:15 PM »

nirvana was a cool band..but they werent this earth shattering thing like people make them out to be...if kurt never killed himself they would have been forgotten already...

I absolutely agree with this

You can run like a river
Till you end up in the sea
And you run till night is black
And keep on going in your dream

My NEW Trading Space http://www.freewebs.com/mariogunner/
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #311 on: July 12, 2008, 03:59:37 PM »

I think NIRVANA was a very important band cause they changed the perception of music, I dont like most of their music but I think they were transgressors.. on the other hand the fact that kurt killed himself well that helped but do you remember the guy of INXS as much as kurt?
Giant_Robot
Rocker

I am not your standard Chicken Dinner

« Reply #312 on: July 13, 2008, 02:51:39 PM »

Former Nirvana drummer Dave Grohl talks about the Kurt Cobain vs. Axl Rose brawl in this quick Q&A with Esquire magazine.

Esquire: What's your onstage philosophy?

Dave Grohl: Imagine having a keg party and inviting eight thousand of your best friends. You have to make sure everything is right--the grill's hot, the tap is working. No foam. And as the host, you have to do shots with everyone in the room. It's your responsibility to make sure everyone goes home throwing up chicken all over their fucking bathrooms. That's basically the story of my life.

Esquire:
Could you do this job sober?

Dave Grohl: You can. I do interviews sober. Everything else is better wasted.

Esquire: At last year's Esky Awards, Slash told us his most memorable awards show was the 1992 MTV Video Music Awards, when Nirvana and Guns N' Roses squared off backstage.

Dave Grohl: I remember that when Nevermind first came out, Axl Rose was a really big fan of us. Guns N' Roses was about to do this massive stadium tour with Metallica, and they wanted us to open. So Axl had been calling Kurt nonstop. One day we're walking through an airport and Kurt says, "Fuck. Axl Rose won't stop calling me." I think it represented something bigger. Nirvana didn't want to turn into Guns N' Roses. So Kurt started talking shit in interviews, and then Axl started talking back. It went back and forth like tenth-grade bullshit. Then we got to the awards and our trailers were all in the same one hundred yards. And Courtney was there, which never makes anything easier. So it didn't take much to blow up into a full-fiedged showdown. Kurt and Courtney were screaming at Axl. Axl screamed back. It was all just soap-opera bullshit. Krist, our bass player, almost got in a fistfight. I was just the drummer, so I shouted some loud, funny shit and hit the bar.

Source: http://www.gnrdaily.com/news_detail.asp?id=654
Courtney fault ! lol

Why cant both set of fans just get over what happened in 1992 ?
Kurt couldnt deal with fame at that time etc, Axl was.... well like Axl, that why it all kicked off in 1992 but both bands are great so like them both or just respect them ! Also there a interview with nirvana in 1993 or 94 where kurt seems fine with GN'R.

peace

Thanks Giant Robot...
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #313 on: July 26, 2008, 10:55:43 PM »

I think NIRVANA was a very important band cause they changed the perception of music, I dont like most of their music but I think they were transgressors.. on the other hand the fact that kurt killed himself well that helped but do you remember the guy of INXS as much as kurt?

the dude from INXS died WAY after their prime....Kurt died when Nirvana was still huge...
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #314 on: November 20, 2008, 03:26:56 PM »

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2008/11/20/nirvanas-novoselic-relives-failed-1992-vma-bass-toss/

Don't really understand why he blames Axl.

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #315 on: November 20, 2008, 03:30:19 PM »

the real reason is cause he sucks ass.

sorted.

html sucks
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #316 on: November 21, 2008, 08:23:43 AM »

Today when I got on the internet I was presented with a remembrance of the late Kurt Cobain. I guess it has been 10 years since Kurt was found on April 5, 1994. Spin magazine has also come out with their latest addition dedicated to Kurt and Nirvana. Funny to read Spin because it talks about what Kurt might have done if he had stayed around.

Made me think of what Axl is doing now.

It is funny how both bands kind of ended in 1994. Now both have about the same number of albums in catalog. With many similarities worthy of mention:

Guns N? Roses                   Nirvana

Appetite for Destruction  (#1)   -Debut Album-      Bleach (#89)
Use Your Illusion 1 (#2)      -Released 1991-      Nevermind (#1)
Use Your Illusion 2 (#1)      -Second big Release-   In Utero (#1)
The Spaghetti Incident (#4)   -Covers Album-      Insecticide (#39)
Lies (#2)         -Acoustic/Live-      MTV Unplugged (#1)
LiveERA 87-93 (#42)      -Live album-      From the Muddy Banks (#1)
Greatest Hits (#3)         -Greatest Hits      Nirvana (#3)

Both Greatest Hits have 14 Tracks:

1. You Know Your Right         1. Welcome to the Jungle      
2. About a Girl               2. Sweet Child O? Mine            
3. Been a Son               3. Patience
4. Sliver               4. Paradise City
5. Smells Like Teen Spirit         5. Knockin? on Heaven Door
6. Come as You Are            6. Civil War
7. Lithium               7. You Could Be Mine
8. In Bloom               8. Don?t Cry
9. Heart Shaped Box            9. November Rain
10. Pennyroyal Tea            10. Live and Let Die
11. Rape Me               11. Yesterdays
12. Dumb               12. Ain?t It Fun
13. All Apologies            13. Since I Don?t Have You
14. The Man Who Sold the World         14. Sympathy for the Devil

Axl vs. Kurt

Then again some would say there is no competition here. I have always wondered whether a line was drawn in the sand back in 1992.

Whatever the game is Huh?.it is still interesting to absorb the above information.

I think that if you start searching this similarites in other bands you will sooner or later find they have a lot, especially if you wanna create them like now.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: