Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 11:13:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227860 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NFL Pro Bowl Idea(s)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL Pro Bowl Idea(s)  (Read 3190 times)
G2N2R
Rocker

Just a little? Maybe a LIL more...

« on: February 17, 2008, 04:33:55 PM »

So after watching the NBA All Star Slam Dunk competition I got to thinking...

Why not change the entire layout of the Pro Bowl? I think the game should still be played, but if the NFL added a kind of skills competition like they do with the rookie class before the draft on ESPN then I think ratings might rise. Hear me out, I know that the QB long toss or accuracy things can be somewhat boreing, but i'm not talking about that i'm talking about new ideas. I thought of one competition so far, so I need some of your ideas too for the other positions like QB and RB and DB, etc.

"Best TD Celebration" - Now I know this goes against the leagues stance on TD Celebrations during the season, but I think they would be open to letting it happen as part of the Pro Bowl so maybe players would save there ideas for the offseason instead of during the games. You could kill two birds, no more players thinking up unique ideas to distract from the team during a normal season game, instead they can save it for the Pro Bowl. You could get the QB's involved, have them toss a long pass to the WR competeing and when he scores he has to come up with something to try and get the best score. It's pretty self explanitory, I think it would be popular with fans and be fun to watch the creativity of the TO's and Chad Johnsons of the world.

So thats one idea, and like I said I think people would watch that and be entertained, the floor is open for your ideas  ok

I can't live without my train, my laptop, or my incredible urge to dance without my pants!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 07:47:05 PM »

How 'bout just a skills competition?  The actual Pro Bowl game...I haven't watched since I was a kid.

...I'd rather watch Week 17's 2-14 vs. 4-12 teams.  Sorry, I can't stand the Pro Bowl.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 07:56:10 PM »

Yeah that's a creative idea, but I don't think there's any saving the Pro Bowl.  Nobody cares about that game, not even the players unless they're first timers.  The season's over, the only reason to go to the Pro Bowl is because it's a nice vacation to Hawaii.  Maybe if they moved the rookies to be skills challenge up.  Can't hurt to do that twice, although I have to admit I never even knew they did it before the draft itself.  That might give fans some incentive to see what players are out there for their teams via the draft.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 08:03:03 PM »

Yeah that's a creative idea, but I don't think there's any saving the Pro Bowl.  Nobody cares about that game, not even the players unless they're first timers.  The season's over, the only reason to go to the Pro Bowl is because it's a nice vacation to Hawaii.  Maybe if they moved the rookies to be skills challenge up.  Can't hurt to do that twice, although I have to admit I never even knew they did it before the draft itself.  That might give fans some incentive to see what players are out there for their teams via the draft.

Nice idea with the drafted rookies Faldor.  I'd rather watch guys who have something to prove.  Very cool idea.  We'd have already seen Brady Quinn by now.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2008, 08:05:23 PM »

Pro Bowl is a joke game with rules changed so no one can get hurt.
If anything move it to the week before the Super Bowl or move it to April through summer so people seeking football have something to watch, after having the biggest most important game a week prior (Super Bowl) it really makes the Pro Bowl really pointless.

Skills Competitions could be interesting, Have a strong man type competition for Offesense/Defense Lineman.

Or obstyle like course (I know ESPN does it at disney world in the spring) with tires, tackling dummies and cones, perfect for RB and WR.

Have all the Allstars battle the College Nation Champion, their is no way NFL stars would want to get beat by college kids so they might try harder.

They could also have a poker tournament or Golf tournament with the stars lpayers with EGOS are competitive and might try hard to win for bragging rights.

Have the season's biggest Disappointments come out and apologize for playing crapping during the regular season.  Like Chad Johnson coming out and apologizing for saying this year he would have the best TD celebrations when his team sucked, Vick coming out an apologizing for lieing about not being involved and thinking the world loved him, or the Detroit LIons (my team) apologizing for pretending to be an NFL team. They could call it the Ryan Lief Award.

Make the Pro Bowl count for something like Baseball did with their AllStar Game.  Maybe have a Stanly Cup like Trophy where if you go to the Pro Bowl and win you get your name etched on the cup, leaving a legacy might make players try harder to win, Or make it like XFL games did, where the winning teams players all get new cars or cash and the loosers get nothing AND HAVE TO PAY FOR THEIR TRIP TO HAWAII that might make them try harder.

Eliminate All Punts, FGs, and PATs from the game, sense the defense can't charge the kicker like they normally do why not eliminate it make them ALWAYS GO FOR IT.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2008, 09:00:49 PM »

^^^  Hollywood Cowbell!  Classic shit!!!  Seriously, love the ideas.  The game as it is right now, sucks ass.  Anything to change it up would be helpful.  The strong-man competitions sounded great. 

Give Vick a 1-day furlow, and give him a really shitty o-line.   rofl  Let him bring his cell-mate, just mix it up!

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: