Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 03:27:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227847 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Karma
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Karma  (Read 5144 times)
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« on: October 11, 2008, 02:00:06 PM »

I was just interested in knowing if any of you board members are into the "Karma" thing and if so was their a paraticular event or time which influenced your interests.

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2008, 04:18:06 PM »

do you mean like karma here on the board underneither your name or karma in general life?

either way i don't give a shit, i don't think its a part of real life because to many assholes in life have gotten to where they are today because of coruption and lies and bullshit and havn't had a damn thing happen to them. The only time i can think of that corruptions was met by a cool slap in the groin is the whole Enron insident. and then when their are good everyday people that try to make a decent living life shits on them. an example of that is my aunt ( i won't bore you all with details of her life though)

i say fuck karma yes

peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2008, 05:31:36 PM »

Its 2008

Do they have scientists in your country, science lessons, common sense, anything? No?

If you still believe in this stuff then....well, I have some magic beans you might be intrested in buying from me ok

Quick! To the bandwagon!
SLCPUNK
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2008, 06:36:50 PM »

I was just interested in knowing if any of you board members are into the "Karma" thing and if so was their a paraticular event or time which influenced your interests.

Absolutely I am. Short and long term. I've seen it all around me. Most recently with a dipshit, redneck, bigoted asshole I had the unfortunate pleasure of knowing.

Its 2008

Do they have scientists in your country, science lessons, common sense, anything? No?

If you still believe in this stuff then....well, I have some magic beans you might be intrested in buying from me ok

Get a load of cranky grandpa here.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

"If you think I am Jmack, you are a moron.  I am his BFFL.  We type nothing alike and I am much younger."
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2008, 06:51:23 PM »

Hey msaxl, great topic!

I had an encounter with karma JUST YESTERDAY.

My "best friend" is rooting against the Dodgers just so I can be miserable.  So far it is working because he is a jinx.

Yesterday, I was taking a nap as I am a little under the weather.  He called me after work, in a totally humbled tone, and asked me if I could go and help him because he blew out one of his tires.  He sounded like a little bitch crawling back to his master.  He called me at 6:45, and I woke up at 11:00.

Guess who was stuck with a blown tire!?

HA!  I'm saving that voicemail forever.

And on a lighter note, I just bought tickets for the Dodger playoff game tomorrow, far far away from the jinx.  (I have the bad luck of having him as my downstairs neighbor.)

If you don't think stuff like this happens all the time, you are bat-shit crazy.
Albert S Miller
Legend

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2008, 10:48:33 PM »

do you mean like karma here on the board underneither your name or karma in general life?

either way i don't give a shit, i don't think its a part of real life because to many assholes in life have gotten to where they are today because of coruption and lies and bullshit and havn't had a damn thing happen to them. The only time i can think of that corruptions was met by a cool slap in the groin is the whole Enron insident. and then when their are good everyday people that try to make a decent living life shits on them. an example of that is my aunt ( i won't bore you all with details of her life though)

i say fuck karma yes

peace
I wasn't particularly pointing to Karma on the board here, even though it is still a Karma, it really is not in a different catagory, but yes I was more relating to general life experiences, to me Karma is Karma no matter how or where it is placed, that is if you relate to it, and you do not.  Thats ok too Smiley

« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 10:52:05 PM by msaxl43 » Logged

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Albert S Miller
Legend

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2008, 10:57:30 PM »

Its 2008

Yes we have all these things in our country, we also have the freedom to choose for ourselves, I do take advantage of that Wink.

If your little bag of beans are so magical, where the heck is the album? Roll Eyes

Albert S Miller
Legend

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2008, 11:13:49 PM »

About a week or so ago I stopped at a produce stand, my purchase was small only $5 and so I paid with a twenty accepted my change and went home. After settling in at home I come to realize the produce stand had returned my change all in five dollar bills and there were four of them, obviously they had given me back too much money, 5 dollars to much. I didn't feel like returning to the store that same day in fact it was a week later before I made it back, but I returned the five bucks and they thanked me.  On my way home I made a stop at a nearby bakery, went in purchased what I needed (keep in mind I am the only customer at this time) walked out of the store, put my purchase in my vehicle on the passenger side, went to the drivers side to get in, looked down at my feet, and there lays a five dollar bill.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2008, 11:26:42 PM »

^ But surely there is many a person who has done or does good things then they get struck down by a killer illness or hit by a bus, what's up with their karma?  Or are they hiding dark secrets and they aren't as good as they appear.

I'd like to think I generally do good things over bad simply because I have a conscious which pulls me back, admittedly it's not very good at stopping me from doing the stupid things.  I don't think I can remember an instance where I've done a good thing and been rewarded in such an obvious way as your example, I guess doing good things and feeling good is about as far as it gets with me.

Heck the whole idea of karma never really entered into my mind until My Name Is Earl started.  Cheesy
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2008, 11:54:51 PM »

^ But surely there is many a person who has done or does good things then they get struck down by a killer illness or hit by a bus, what's up with their karma?  Or are they hiding dark secrets and they aren't as good as they appear.

I'd like to think I generally do good things over bad simply because I have a conscious which pulls me back, admittedly it's not very good at stopping me from doing the stupid things.  I don't think I can remember an instance where I've done a good thing and been rewarded in such an obvious way as your example, I guess doing good things and feeling good is about as far as it gets with me.

Heck the whole idea of karma never really entered into my mind until My Name Is Earl started.  Cheesy

I think most people do good deeds because of their conscious, not to get rewarded.

The fact that people DO get rewarded for their good deeds is like the cherry on top.

jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2008, 12:24:04 AM »

that has always been my belief!^

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2008, 12:29:10 AM »

Absolutely I am. Short and long term. I've seen it all around me. Most recently with a dipshit, redneck, bigoted asshole I had the unfortunate pleasure of knowing.

Its 2008

Hey, Im not a dipshit hihi

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Albert S Miller
Legend

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2008, 11:02:30 AM »

I am the kind of person who has aways went the extra mile for whatever the cause, I love good people, and I feel for everyone in every situation, I have to help where ever I can, whoever they may be, even if it is a hungry homeless person standing on the on-ramp to the Interstate I will roll my window down give them enough to get a meal and bless them, but I have never expected anything in return for my deeds, I have always just known inside it was a nice effort on my behalf, and hope that I made some kind of difference in someones life, even if it is just a warm meal.  I feel that when you have accomplished many great deeds, maybe at some point in life you may be the one on the recieving end and maybe someone will be reaching out to you in the same way.  I do not base my karma beliefs on a rewards basis or ever have any expectations.  Karma I believe is something that comes naturally, and when you least expect it. Wink

Prometheus
VIP

I've been working all week on one of them.....

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2008, 01:19:50 PM »

respect your elders Smiley

........oh wait..... nooooooo...... How come there aren't any fake business seminars in Newfoundland?!?? Sad? ............
$$$$
VIP

the disrespect in your eye

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2008, 02:00:40 PM »

I totally believe in karma. its unexplainable but it definitely seems to exist.

BASTARD SON OF A LOADED GUN
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2008, 02:15:40 PM »

You musta done something really bad to get beer stolen outta your car  hihi

Stupid junkies  rant
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2008, 02:20:31 PM »

Its 2008

You mean the same science institutions that would hang you for believing the Earth was round? You know, western scientists?

96% of the Universe is composed of something our all knowing scientist don't have a clue what is. Perhaps that is where concepts such as Karma fits in. All I know is I don't know until I know, and that's the only sure thing when it comes to science.

I believe doing good things will give you good things in return. The definition of good however is an elusive one. Is good only being nice to people? I don't think so.

Let's take an example; Statistically, what would be the chance of surviving 50 battles on the front line be in ancient times? I'd say pretty low, but guys like Alexander did it. Not because they were flawless and never made any mistakes, cause he did, but because he had the right state of mind. Fortune favors the bold. According to science it should be the other way around, but consistently it doesn't appear to be so.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
$$$$
VIP

the disrespect in your eye

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2008, 02:56:56 PM »

Stupid junkies  rant

haha yeah.

but since I believe in karma he will probably OD on his next fix

BASTARD SON OF A LOADED GUN
Albert S Miller
Legend

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2008, 03:25:32 PM »

Its 2008

You mean the same science institutions that would hang you for believing the Earth was round? You know, western scientists?

96% of the Universe is composed of something our all knowing scientist don't have a clue what is. Perhaps that is where concepts such as Karma fits in. All I know is I don't know until I know, and that's the only sure thing when it comes to science.

I believe doing good things will give you good things in return. The definition of good however is an elusive one. Is good only being nice to people? I don't think so.

Let's take an example; Statistically, what would be the chance of surviving 50 battles on the front line be in ancient times? I'd say pretty low, but guys like Alexander did it. Not because they were flawless and never made any mistakes, cause he did, but because he had the right state of mind. Fortune favors the bold. According to science it should be the other way around, but consistently it doesn't appear to be so.
I agree, it is not just about only being nice to people.  I didn't mean to isolate it or base it on just helping people, any good deed you may do.  For me its as small as even taking a bug outside that has made its way inside with out freaking out and skishing it, who knows maybe next time a bee might just choose to not sting me in return. lol!!

Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2008, 03:34:51 PM »

Stupid junkies  rant

haha yeah.

but since I believe in karma he will probably OD on his next fix

He'll get wasted on that case and walk in front of a bus  rofl
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2008, 03:35:40 PM »

Actually that's a funny example with the bug.

If it's something I can grab easily I'll let it outside, but let's say it's a fly, hornett or other high speed moving insect. You can hardly let it out without damaging it and it's really fucking irritating having them around, so I made this reasoning: "Alright, this is my territory and you have invaded it. You simply have to pay."  hihi

This, in my mind, applies to people and just about anything as well.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2008, 03:40:21 PM »

I totally did a great deed tonight! hopefully i'll get together with my ex for it if this karma thing works Wink

anyway a couple of days ago i got an email that said that my ticketreservation for my flight was confirmed or someshit and i just  thought it was rubbish spam but for some reason i kept it because there were some things like some birthdate, creditcardnumber and phonenumber in it.. (not mine but still..)

and now tonight i got a new mail about it saying i can check-in now.. this freaked me about for a while but then i remembered the phone number in the older mail so i checked it up on the internet and it turned out to be a guy with the same name as me that had probably written the wrong emailadress while booking the flight on the internet.. anyway i texted him about it and indeed it was this guy so we fixed it..
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2008, 04:02:21 PM »

Its 2008

so $50?

ya know, the price for those magic beans?

...as for Alexander the Great, well he survived battles because he was the guy at the back directing the battle...on the front line, er, which film did u base that on? hihi

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Albert S Miller
Legend

« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2008, 04:49:40 PM »

Actually that's a funny example with the bug.

If it's something I can grab easily I'll let it outside, but let's say it's a fly, hornett or other high speed moving insect. You can hardly let it out without damaging it and it's really fucking irritating having them around, so I made this reasoning: "Alright, this is my territory and you have invaded it. You simply have to pay."  hihi

This, in my mind, applies to people and just about anything as well.
I seriously used to have that attitude, it seems though the older I get the more sensitive I become twards things. I actually care so much more about stuff that wouldn't have even reached the care zone 10 years ago, however bugs can be seriously annoying and so I do understand your reasoning.  In regards to the people part, invading my space with harmful intentions, lets just say my home would not be a good one to pick no

Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: