Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 12:41:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227849 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Karma
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Karma  (Read 5145 times)
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2008, 03:35:40 PM »

Actually that's a funny example with the bug.

If it's something I can grab easily I'll let it outside, but let's say it's a fly, hornett or other high speed moving insect. You can hardly let it out without damaging it and it's really fucking irritating having them around, so I made this reasoning: "Alright, this is my territory and you have invaded it. You simply have to pay."  hihi

This, in my mind, applies to people and just about anything as well.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2008, 03:40:21 PM »

I totally did a great deed tonight! hopefully i'll get together with my ex for it if this karma thing works Wink

anyway a couple of days ago i got an email that said that my ticketreservation for my flight was confirmed or someshit and i just  thought it was rubbish spam but for some reason i kept it because there were some things like some birthdate, creditcardnumber and phonenumber in it.. (not mine but still..)

and now tonight i got a new mail about it saying i can check-in now.. this freaked me about for a while but then i remembered the phone number in the older mail so i checked it up on the internet and it turned out to be a guy with the same name as me that had probably written the wrong emailadress while booking the flight on the internet.. anyway i texted him about it and indeed it was this guy so we fixed it..
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2008, 04:02:21 PM »

Its 2008

Do they have scientists in your country, science lessons, common sense, anything? No?

If you still believe in this stuff then....well, I have some magic beans you might be intrested in buying from me ok

You mean the same science institutions that would hang you for believing the Earth was round? You know, western scientists?

96% of the Universe is composed of something our all knowing scientist don't have a clue what is. Perhaps that is where concepts such as Karma fits in. All I know is I don't know until I know, and that's the only sure thing when it comes to science.

I believe doing good things will give you good things in return. The definition of good however is an elusive one. Is good only being nice to people? I don't think so.

Let's take an example; Statistically, what would be the chance of surviving 50 battles on the front line be in ancient times? I'd say pretty low, but guys like Alexander did it. Not because they were flawless and never made any mistakes, cause he did, but because he had the right state of mind. Fortune favors the bold. According to science it should be the other way around, but consistently it doesn't appear to be so.

so $50?

ya know, the price for those magic beans?

...as for Alexander the Great, well he survived battles because he was the guy at the back directing the battle...on the front line, er, which film did u base that on? hihi

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2008, 04:49:40 PM »

Actually that's a funny example with the bug.

If it's something I can grab easily I'll let it outside, but let's say it's a fly, hornett or other high speed moving insect. You can hardly let it out without damaging it and it's really fucking irritating having them around, so I made this reasoning: "Alright, this is my territory and you have invaded it. You simply have to pay."  hihi

This, in my mind, applies to people and just about anything as well.
I seriously used to have that attitude, it seems though the older I get the more sensitive I become twards things. I actually care so much more about stuff that wouldn't have even reached the care zone 10 years ago, however bugs can be seriously annoying and so I do understand your reasoning.  In regards to the people part, invading my space with harmful intentions, lets just say my home would not be a good one to pick no

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: