Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 06:51:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Your GN'R highlights?
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your GN'R highlights?  (Read 328320 times)
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #380 on: May 20, 2006, 04:42:52 AM »

THis past week going to the shows, and seeing the band again 3 times at hammerstein, and hanging out with so many cool peole from all over before the shows at the shows and after, is my new highlight. I think I posted in this thread long ago.lol about past highlights, but this new one kicks all other highlights ass!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Jonathan
« Reply #381 on: May 20, 2006, 06:47:35 AM »

I'm really happy for you, JennaSide.

Now I actually believe that dreams can come true.
JennaSide
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #382 on: May 20, 2006, 06:48:52 AM »

(^ sorry, I deleted it to edit something and threw off your post, but thank you! )

At a time in my life where things have been rough and I really needed something to smile about, this whole week has brought me joy unlike anything I could've ever imagined...
The ungodly amazing 4 warm up shows, being front row against the gate 3 times (and not too far back for the other one) meeting Ron at the stage door every night, meeting Baz, going to the after-party on wed, going to the acoustic show on thurs, being in the band's private room in Plum, being introduced to Axl, dancing with him, hanging out with the band, as well as the amazing crew and people close to them.

I'm so lucky to have met the incredible people that I have this past week... I can't possibly thank them enough for their kindness and I hope to god that I get to meet with them again someday.

Like I said before - Dreams can come true. ? Thank you, thank you, thank you... I'm humbled and eternally grateful.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2006, 06:53:09 AM by JennaSide » Logged

I'm the luckiest girl alive.
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #383 on: May 21, 2006, 10:52:32 PM »

Im glad everyone had a good safe time.? I cant believe its a week ago that i drove up to NJ tonight, was in hoboken, check the site to get the 14th update, then around 12:30 on the 15th was in NYC on line by 3:30.? Just an awesome time, I wish that i took advantage of some of the other shows, because you never know when we'll see the band in this kind of setting again.? I really can't wait to they tour again, probably at MSG im guessing in the fall.? I hope we get a DVD with footage from all 4 shows.? I mean they called these show warm-ups but they were anything but warm-ups.? I met alot of great people, I wish I couldve met everyone.? But the next tour Im sure it'll be bigger then ever and then we'll be able to look back and be like "there was a time" when GNR did 4 shows at the Hammerstein
« Last Edit: May 21, 2006, 11:59:20 PM by GnR-NOW » Logged

pebbles
« Reply #384 on: May 23, 2006, 07:47:20 PM »

Hi people, i just wanted to reply that i went to the gnr may 15th show at hammerstein in NY, and axl was great, he looked and sounded so good. And thanks to this very sweet guy I met named shawn, i was able to stay up front and get a good view. So Shawn I hope you read this and stay in touch!! Wink
gnr_12
Rocker

Nothin' Lasts Forever...

« Reply #385 on: May 24, 2006, 01:17:58 AM »

May 14th Show.. hands down!

That goes for all you punks in the press, That want to start shit by printin' lies, Instead of the things we said, That means you, Andy Secher, Mick Wall ,Bob Guccione Jr.
Get In the Fuckin Ring Punks
GNRgroupie
Opening Act

GUNS N F-IN ROSES!!!

« Reply #386 on: May 24, 2006, 06:06:44 PM »

May 14th Show.. hands down!

right on man right on!!!!

GUNS N F-IN ROSES!!!

-LIVE AND LET DIE-
GNRgroupie
Opening Act

GUNS N F-IN ROSES!!!

« Reply #387 on: May 24, 2006, 06:08:54 PM »

(^ sorry, I deleted it to edit something and threw off your post, but thank you! )

At a time in my life where things have been rough and I really needed something to smile about, this whole week has brought me joy unlike anything I could've ever imagined...
The ungodly amazing 4 warm up shows, being front row against the gate 3 times (and not too far back for the other one) meeting Ron at the stage door every night, meeting Baz, going to the after-party on wed, going to the acoustic show on thurs, being in the band's private room in Plum, being introduced to Axl, dancing with him, hanging out with the band, as well as the amazing crew and people close to them.

I'm so lucky to have met the incredible people that I have this past week... I can't possibly thank them enough for their kindness and I hope to god that I get to meet with them again someday.

Like I said before - Dreams can come true. ? Thank you, thank you, thank you... I'm humbled and eternally grateful.

that is soo? crazy!!!! you rock!!! i totaly wish that i was there!!! im still hopein that one day will come 4 me lol that would be totaly rad!... one day ......... one day .......... i hope!!

GUNS N F-IN ROSES!!!

-LIVE AND LET DIE-
Refused
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #388 on: May 25, 2006, 05:11:18 PM »

Well, to be honest I am completely new to Guns n Roses!
I thought I hated them.... when really, I just never bothered to listen to them. I found my dad's copy of "Lies", and fell in love with them. Bought their entire back catalogue in about a week, and am now eagerly awaiting the UK tour in July.
My only regret is that I didn't get into them earlier.
ColdNovemberRain
« Reply #389 on: May 25, 2006, 08:28:10 PM »

Hearing November Rain for the first time.I was going through some very bad & sad times when i heard it but listening to it made me...smile. Smiley? ?
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #390 on: May 28, 2006, 04:28:00 PM »

The way bumblefoot was received after his Don't Cry instrumental at RIR5  Cry  Unforgettable... i think that moment will win over many people unsure about his role in the band. Long live Bumblefoot beer
totoro
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #391 on: May 29, 2006, 03:07:21 PM »

In 1992, Rolling Stone magazine had a thing where they asked readers to send in their votes for all time greatest albums.

I wrote about why I thought Appetite For Destruction was the best album, and to my great surprise, it got published!

I have always been pretty proud of the fact that in a Rolling Stone Magazine "Greatest Rock Album" issue, I got to represent for Guns and Roses.
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #392 on: May 30, 2006, 11:10:38 AM »

So Much, I try to summarize.

I heard about GnR back in 1988 or 89. I'm 30 now so I was @ 12 years old. I got hooked quick. Music has always been very important to me. And GnR has always been and always will be my favorite. My cousin which was also my best friend we enjoyed every day listening to GnR. I remember watching there NY Ritz show on MTV. We wore our GnR shirts almost every day to go to school.

We both went? to the concert in Hershey PA. when they toured with Skid Row. I think June of 91. We were 15 . Our moms drove us to the show. They waited outside till it was almost over, except some security guards were trying to pick them up left them in when the show was like half over. Best experience ever. It was GA we were lucky to be upfront against the barrier right upfront. Only the gold seat were in front of us. We jumped the concrete barrier before the encor. When they came back on stage we climbed up onto a stack of speakers that were level with the stage. Slash came over and was playing PC less than 3ft away. There was a security guard between him and us but it was way cool. I looked into the crowd. Alls you could see was a sea of people going crazy. And theres me and my cousin standing along with another guy that made it up onto the speakers in total shock. Slash blastin away. The guard left us there . When the show finally ended. We jumped down from the speakers but instead of towards the crowd we jumped down between the stage and the speakers. The stage was built on like scffolding. We crawled under the stage to the back of the stage. Axl already beat us back there. They had a trailer set up out back and axl was leaning against a railing spitting and hacking with a white rob on if I remember correctly. We crawled out from underneath starting walking towards the steps that came down of the stage as the rest of the band was coming down. A security guard stopped us and asked fo rour passes. We were dumb young kids so I reached for my ticket stub, The guard said the get the f out of here that is not a pass. I quick ran past him. I put my hand out and slapped slash 5 at the same time 2 guards grabbed me cut the shit out of my arm. My cousin just stood there in amazment froozin. Slash said to the guards to let me go I was just a kid but they did not listen, they drug me and my cousin out from backstage. We go back to the car, my arms bleeding. We get in the car with our moms. We told them the whole story they did not believe us but I showed them my arm and the scrathes. Then they tell us some guards left them in the show. They said they stood in the back the whole time but never saw us up on the speakers etc. The whole thing was awsome. Totaly priceless.

Fast Forward.

We go to the Philly Show in Dec. of 91.
Great Show but nothing will change dthe experience I had at Hershey.

Fast Forward to year 2000.? My cousin and I are still best freinds and a major part of our freinship is gnr. We will always have that bond.
Unfortuneltyl he died that summer at age 26 . At his funeral in the procession I blared the live version of Knockin on Heavens door in the precession line to the cemetary. I put my first copy of AFD on his casket before they barried him. That night I about wore out the live era CDs I was so drunk.

Fast forward. 2002 I get front row tickets to teh second show in philly that was cancelled. I was taking my best freinds younger brother. I felt it was my duty becuase he was to young to go with us before. They cancel the show but I have not lost hope.

Fast Forward to present. I drive my wife crazy with 5 gigs of gnr music on my computer and I'm addicted to finding more. Its like being 15 all over again. I have 2 tickets to the 15th I'm going and taking my cousins younger brother. I have unfinshed buisness.

I'm a GNR fan for life. I plan on going to every concert possible from now to the end of time. And I have to find a bootleg of the Hershey and Philly shows I went to.

Please comment.

I have to say going to the 15th show was a blast only rates 2nd on my list 2nd only to Hershey for me.

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
The New Fiona Apple
So, what do you think of my pic?
VIP

I guess I just wasn't made for these times

« Reply #393 on: June 01, 2006, 11:59:37 AM »

Listening to Catcher in the Rye while reading it...weird.

?I only know what I read [in the press],?
Bobby Valentine

Vicarious Existence is a fucking waste of time
-Axl Rose
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #394 on: June 01, 2006, 07:56:23 PM »

I've been a GNR fan for awhile now, I know not as long as some of you here, but long enough, I'd say like 5 years? When I was around 10, I heard WTTJ on the radio, and ever since that moment I fell inlove. Now being 15, I went to my first GNR concert, the May 14th concert, and had a great time.

I plan on going to (hopefully! Smiley) going to the Fall US tour people are speculating about. Hopefully they hit MSG and/or Giant's Stadium, as both are close to me.

**Edit(s): Typos I didn't catch.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 08:09:07 PM by cmznets917 » Logged
GNRgroupie
Opening Act

GUNS N F-IN ROSES!!!

« Reply #395 on: June 01, 2006, 08:21:09 PM »

I've been a GNR fan for awhile now, I know not as long as some of you here, but long enough, I'd say like 5 years? When I was around 10, I heard WTTJ on the radio, and ever since that moment I fell inlove. Now being 15, I went to my first GNR concert, the May 14th concert, and had a great time.

I plan on going to (hopefully! Smiley) going to the Fall US tour people are speculating about. Hopefully they hit MSG and/or Giant's Stadium, as both are close to me.

I was at the may 14th concert........... and im 15 to it was frekin amazing i was dressed like axl with ripped jeans a bandana hat on backwords and a gnr shirt on............. it was a GREAT SHOW , did u happen to see the guy/kid who was dressed JUST like SLASH?Huh

GUNS N F-IN ROSES!!!

-LIVE AND LET DIE-
GNRgroupie
Opening Act

GUNS N F-IN ROSES!!!

« Reply #396 on: June 01, 2006, 08:25:43 PM »

I was at the may 14th concert........... and im 15 to it was frekin amazing i was dressed like axl with ripped jeans a bandana hat on backwords and a gnr shirt on............. it was a GREAT SHOW , did u happen to see the guy/kid who was dressed JUST like SLASH?Huh

GUNS N F-IN ROSES!!!

-LIVE AND LET DIE-
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #397 on: June 02, 2006, 03:02:16 PM »

haha i actually saw BOTH of you...i had a red Yankees hat on, if u care? lol

that guy dressed as slash had balls to do that, wonder if axl woulda thrown him out
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #398 on: June 04, 2006, 02:16:50 PM »

going to the nyc shows

meeting all the great people at mutangs

meeting axl, izzy & bbfoot
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #399 on: June 05, 2006, 10:49:13 PM »

Hearing about them coming to SoCal. hihi  Hopefully, I'll have better highlights after September 23! rofl

But so far, it's been listening to the albums.  Can't top that. ok
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: