Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 11:06:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227835 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Your GN'R highlights?
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your GN'R highlights?  (Read 327028 times)
Catt
Headliner

Do as you got to, go your own way

« Reply #420 on: July 20, 2006, 06:26:10 AM »

The budapest show this year  Tongue

sesor
Rocker

« Reply #421 on: July 24, 2006, 08:39:46 AM »

as i've only seen gnr once, and that was last night, it has to of been last ngiht! omg it rocked, and when axl introduced izzy, i was sooo happy, and i coulda cried in patience, i very nearly did. it was so.....ahhh amazing.

I Saw The Storm Gettin' Closer, And The Waves They Get So High, Seems Everything I Used To Know Here...Why Must It Drift Away And Die?
axlssis
Rocker

Here Today...somewhat

« Reply #422 on: July 25, 2006, 12:08:33 AM »

there have been too many to pick one.  it could be the day back in 1987, hanging out at the rainbow, slash came in with a n AFD cassette with a huge smile on his face, it was so cool, or maybe the first big arena show, I can't even remember where I saw them first outside of the strip, or last time with the old band, Dayton, Ohio, Jan 1992, i think of that show every time someone complains about late starting shows.  the show started at promply 1 am, it was snowing big time out side, parents that were outside waiting for hours for their kids to some out were pissed, but the fans were having a great time but the fans.  it was a killer show.  the hammerstein show in may was pretty significant for me.....not only was it a great show, but i couldn't help but think "axl is fucking back", and with Izzy too, it just made it even more special.
hbkthepromking
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #423 on: July 25, 2006, 02:16:29 AM »

The first Vegas show was the most unreal of them all.  If you were scared before NYC, it was nothing like that year.  Everybody in line was checking each other's tickets to see if they were real.  Until the doors actually opened at midnight nobody knew if this was the real thing or not.  Nobody knew what Axl looked like...no new songs had been heard to date except for Oh My God 2 years before.  That was a crazy experience.....not only the show, but waiting in line to know if this was really going to happen.  Killer.
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #424 on: July 26, 2006, 05:51:58 AM »

July 5th-6th 2006 smoking That was amazing! Altough I hope that the highest highlight is still in the future beer
« Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 05:53:29 AM by kaasu » Logged

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
sesor
Rocker

« Reply #425 on: July 26, 2006, 08:20:24 AM »

as i've only seen gnr once, and that was last night, it has to of been last ngiht! omg it rocked, and when axl introduced izzy, i was sooo happy, and i coulda cried in patience, i very nearly did. it was so.....ahhh amazing.

also, when i first really realsied how amaizng they were, i was staying at a friends house, and she put on welcome to the video's, and we watched it over and over all night, i already knew most of the songs on there, buti didnt know much gnr, but that ngiht, i realised how amaizng they were, i could feel it inside that it was gonna be something big, i can tell when i get obsessed wiht things befor eit happens, and from then on i've loved them lol

I Saw The Storm Gettin' Closer, And The Waves They Get So High, Seems Everything I Used To Know Here...Why Must It Drift Away And Die?
Evolution
« Reply #426 on: July 27, 2006, 09:19:40 AM »

Standing there in Glasgow, completely knackered in the dark with my heart beating a mile a minute. Looking up and seeing shadows walk around the stage then hearing...

"DO YOU KNOW WHERE THE FUCK YOU ARE?"  Smiley
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #427 on: July 28, 2006, 09:51:29 AM »

hey stop STOP, what the fuck are you guys doing???

axl rose refering to the security guards at the NEC on july 25th!!!!

my highlight

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
Adler_Sorum_Brain
Rocker

Look at the lies Slash is leading

« Reply #428 on: August 02, 2006, 01:50:30 PM »

hehe..to se a swedish TV show called " aim for the stars" where people sang covers and dressed up to the people who?s song they sang..someone did that with Axl ..and he wore the white pants / white leather coat with GNR - logo at the back..he sang paradies city..haha...that was a revolution for me...then i didn?t think of GNR untill 3 years ago when i bought appetite..now i have every record and alot of bootlegs

And then i saw them in stockholm 26/6 - GREAT !!

As the dust settled, Axl stared unblinkingly at me and, with no hint of irony, summed up GN?R?s philosophy: ?We don?t start anything. But if you mess with us, then we?ll fuck you up!
anythinggoes
« Reply #429 on: August 02, 2006, 05:13:08 PM »

shit the last 7 weeks have been my GNR highlight so cool to finally get out and see them in different venues and countries after being a fan for so long getting to meet so many cool people/geeks from the board its just kinda sad now it finished. It was weird because i split up with my long time partner in May it gave me the oportunity to go to Greece and the 4 Uk gigs and Hammersmith so she did me a favor in the end sort of. Just counting the pennies for USA now
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #430 on: August 02, 2006, 06:46:06 PM »

got to say that july 8th in oslo was my gn'r highlight!!!

june 28th and july 29th wasn't to bad either!!!

all in all, all the six shows i've been to on this tour have been fuckin' awsome and i must say that my gn'r hunger has defenetly been treated in a proper way!

damn it feels good to have your ass kicked properly by this amazing amazing awsome band!!! ok

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
miss bomb
Rocker

nanook

« Reply #431 on: August 08, 2006, 02:29:50 PM »

so many! so ive seen them 4 times this summer now, its been costy but completely worth it!!

so the first time was at hammersmith - i was SO excited i was at the front row crushed against the barrier. it was a long wait for them but when i heard the opening riff for WTTJ i lost it! the atmosphere was so wild, i was just so happy to see them infront of me! highlight from that show was finck coming out along the front and stopping at me and leaning against me  drool magical

download - izzy coming on stage!!  love

the ulitmate highlight was the acoustic show, obv. words cannot describe that night!!

7.6.6,11.6.6,29.7.6x2,10.11.6
Derby Greg
Derby Tourism Ambassador
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #432 on: August 12, 2006, 05:39:14 PM »

Leeds being my first GNR gig will always be special to me.

But I guess this summer is even better in some regards.

Seeing the new band 3 times - Hammersmith was awesome. Just there was a feeling in the air that something special was happening and that we were lucky to have tickets. Obviously the meet up as well and all the cool people I met or met up with again - Jarmo, Fieldsy, Adz, Kim, Sam, Ian, Gonz and Sarah.

Donnington - oh my god Izzy Stradlin has just walked on stage. Never been to a stranger gig (well except the 30th) - first half there was so much tension, bad blood in the air and then 2nd half the band nailed it.
To think I could have met Robin if I had hung out with you guys 10 more mins (Jarmo, Adz, Graciela). Gutted

Wembley - Again awesome to meet people - Christos, Anythinggoes plus the rest.
Band was great then Seb was great! Strange but cool.

Hopefully more GNR in the UK next year.
See you there

-Greg

2002 Leeds, London
2006 London Ham, Download, London W'ley
2010 Montreal, Toronto, Reading, Dublin
2011 Rio, Arg
2012 Bham,London x2,Rotterdam, Paris,Vegasx3
2013 NYCx2
2016 Vegasx2, NYCx2, CR
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #433 on: August 13, 2006, 08:03:14 AM »

Well...

I guess London can be added as my biggest highlight until now...

Wembley, the acoustic, Wembley again...

And all the great people I've met. It was really nice meeting you all. I hope we'll meet again sometime soon... Oh, and that none of you is some psycho killer who acts like a GN'R fan just to kill us all.  Grin

anythinggoes
« Reply #434 on: August 13, 2006, 06:38:40 PM »

Oh, and that none of you is some psycho killer who acts like a GN'R fan just to kill us all.? Grin

just waiting for the right moment and then
Jamie
VIP

« Reply #435 on: August 13, 2006, 06:45:41 PM »

My new highlight is the one gig I had the privilege to see during this tour, in the RDS, I didn't have the money or the freedom to travel to see more than one show, being only 16, like some of you did, but for that day I felt like the luckiest person alive, I got to see my idol just a few yards in front of me, with some good buddies, can't be beaten.
thegreg1
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #436 on: August 15, 2006, 09:29:28 AM »

My biggest highlights are probably seeing them open for Aerosmith & driving from Michigan to Ohio to see them on some race track with Skid row.

Funny thing about the Aerosmith show...We bought the tickets not knowing that G'n'R would be the opening act. What a great suprise when it was announced about a week or two before the show.

It was also cool to hear both G'n'R & Skid row play new stuff before UYI 1 & 2 & Slave to the grind were released.

"Trying to watch Mr. Belvedere over here!" Stewie Griffin
just_one
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #437 on: August 15, 2006, 05:10:33 PM »

my highlight was without a doubt the rock in rio 2006 show

best show ever ok ok
Shirell
« Reply #438 on: August 15, 2006, 05:58:34 PM »

Birmingham NEC was kick ass!  Download I enjoyed for so many reasons, loved Hammersmith, enjoyed Wembley Arena but a shame Axl was ill.  Birmingham the pick for me I think... maybe Hammersmith........or Download.... or
Evil Ash
Dude, they peed on your fucking rug
VIP

GnR is unstoppable, but delay-able ;)

« Reply #439 on: August 22, 2006, 06:18:00 AM »

well, i have a couple Smiley

Pukkelpop 02 (first festival ever)

Velvet Revolver

Meeting tommy and giving him a birthday present

RIR KICK ASS PREPARTY AT HARD ROCK!!!!!!!

RIR 2006

Graspop

Nijmegen

Wembley 30/07

Like peeing clouds!
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: